Will we win the league? (continued)

We look physically and mentally drained. This has been a really long season and it has taken its toll. But we have hung on in there and refused to give up on the main target. Even in the face of unprecedented momentum from Liverpool during the season which marks 25 years after Hillsborough. We had one final chance yesterday to really land a heavy punch finally and we did. Wasn't pretty. But those big players found a way to win when it mattered.

I feel slightly different than on the journey home from Newcastle two years ago. That day I felt we had won the title. This time I'm far more cautious because of what happened during the final game and because I believe Liverpool will win their final two games and score a few goals.

BUT, I think we will just about get over the line. Brusied, battered, knackered but for me it will eclipse 2012 (regardless of how we won it) because to win it this season, Pellegrini's first year, the year after Fergie retired, the year Utd folded and sacked Moyes, and more importantly the year Liverpool reinvented themselves physically and emotionally the year which marked the 25 year Hillsborough anniversary, with most of the press salivating over Gerrard lifting the title, their fans giving the team a guard of honour every home game in the run in, and that Gerrard Churchill speech after beating us, to win it now would mean more. And be more significant for the next couple of years.

Two home games. To win the title. Id take that every season. Every year.

Trust the players.

Change the result of one game and it could mean that the following results would also change. If we'd drawn at Anfield Liverpool might not have been as over confident against Chelsea. They might have won or drawn that game. In turn we might not have had that pre match boost against Palace. Although we might have beaten Sunderland. And then Sunderland might not have been as fired up when they played Chelsea. And so on.

I've always thought that if we hadn't lost to Arsenal in 2012 United wouldn't have lost to Wigan. Their defeat was probably more significant than ours as it ended their winning run. And our defeat resulted in us starting to play again.

gio's side step said:
We look physically and mentally drained. This has been a really long season and it has taken its toll. But we have hung on in there and refused to give up on the main target. Even in the face of unprecedented momentum from Liverpool during the season which marks 25 years after Hillsborough. We had one final chance yesterday to really land a heavy punch finally and we did. Wasn't pretty. But those big players found a way to win when it mattered.

I feel slightly different than on the journey home from Newcastle two years ago. That day I felt we had won the title. This time I'm far more cautious because of what happened during the final game and because I believe Liverpool will win their final two games and score a few goals.

BUT, I think we will just about get over the line. Brusied, battered, knackered but for me it will eclipse 2012 (regardless of how we won it) because to win it this season, Pellegrini's first year, the year after Fergie retired, the year Utd folded and sacked Moyes, and more importantly the year Liverpool reinvented themselves physically and emotionally the year which marked the 25 year Hillsborough anniversary, with most of the press salivating over Gerrard lifting the title, their fans giving the team a guard of honour every home game in the run in, and that Gerrard Churchill speech after beating us, to win it now would mean more. And be more significant for the next couple of years.

Two home games. To win the title. Id take that every season. Every year.

Trust the players.

You just saved me 5 minutes of my life. Fully agree with you.

The Liverpool love in is far from coincidence, look at Sky's football shows this weekend Liverpool could & should have cemented the title.

Fantasy Football show, Jan Molby, Soccer AM, Rush and Aldridge, Sky must be gutted..

I say get Mad Mario as the studio guest for next Sunday...

This topic has had more changes of tune than a bloody jukebox!!!
Will we win? Hopefully!!!!! 2 home games, with the boys being very professional, not folding when we go behind, and finding answers when needed, I am quietly confident that we can win the last 2 games, rack up a few goals and make it less than heart burstingly stressful, and hopefully, lift the title again. 2 boring wins would be the order of the day!!!!
Please can we have 2 relatively stress free games?!!! Early goals, and it all over by half time..... Probably not.... Where's my betablockers....

I have said you will win it all season, even after the Liverpool defeat, and the draw with us...
I was slated in the pub when we beat Chelsea, as we were handing the title to Liverpool.....
People didn't accept the extent that the Henderson sending off and ban would have an impact...but they missed him against Chelsea, and to a degree Norwich.
I know you guys will be anxious as hell, but the odds are stacked in your favour at just the right time...
I am not convinced that Liverpool will win tomorrow tbh...here's hoping

Stockport mackem said:
I have said you will win it all season, even after the Liverpool defeat, and the draw with us...
I was slated in the pub when we beat Chelsea, as we were handing the title to Liverpool.....
People didn't accept the extent that the Henderson sending off and ban would have an impact...but they missed him against Chelsea, and to a degree Norwich.
I know you guys will be anxious as hell, but the odds are stacked in your favour at just the right time...

Congrats on yesterday, mackem, and on your great escape generally. You are staying where you belong.

it doesn't matter if we were playing Henshaw's Blind school xi in the last 2 home games. I'd still be worried.
To be honest West Ham worry me a little with Carrol ex Liverpool and Nolan , staunch Liverpool fan in their ranks.

Just hope Palace can help us out tomorrow.

Pam said:
Stockport mackem said:

Congrats on yesterday, mackem, and on your great escape generally. You are staying where you belong.
True ! congrats mackems

No, but that's only because my recently acquired pessimistic streak won't free me from its hold. However my eternally optimistic alter ego is whispering into my ear that we will be champions on Wednesday.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.