Will we win the league? (continued)

@BluePhil8 said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
I would not be surprised to see Beast and Jovetic play their parts.

Tiredness is our only problem.

It'll be done on Wednesday if Liverpool lose tonight.

It would be too easy.

It's never easy for us.

I'm praying Palace park a tank and Liverpool mentally falter but it just wouldn't be the same if we weren't shitting it on the last day.

Palace tried to give us a game; given Brenda's sound bites it wouldn't surprise me at all if Pulis told them to go out and try not to concede....

Chris in London said:
dw7 said:
gmckennasell said:
brenda at it again , "its all new to city winning 5 in a row " if thats his attempt at mind games , he needs a lesson or two from his mentor mourinho , what an absolute clown , we might not of won 5 in a row this season , but we won 6 in a row to clinch the title in 2012 , weve done it , got the t-shirt , and dealt with the GPC's mind games , little brenda will have to try a little harder.
I'm sure we've won 7 and again won 8 this season in all competition. Just because Brenda has only been in one company all season doesn't mean every other team was

We won the league two years ago by winning six on the bounce

We have done this before
Also we would have played 57 games I think ,compared with 43 for them. That is a lot of xtra time playing and travelling

DenisLawBackHeel74 said:
@BluePhil8 said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
I would not be surprised to see Beast and Jovetic play their parts.

Tiredness is our only problem.

It'll be done on Wednesday if Liverpool lose tonight.

It would be too easy.

It's never easy for us.

I'm praying Palace park a tank and Liverpool mentally falter but it just wouldn't be the same if we weren't shitting it on the last day.

Palace tried to give us a game; given Brenda's sound bites it wouldn't surprise me at all if Pulis told them to go out and try not to concede....

If Liverpool score early, I will be very interested to see their mindset.

For all the talk of scoring goals, they will be petrified of tossing away the main objective, which is merely to win.

A 1-0 win will be good enough, but having the quality to sit on that is a different matter.

I'm expecting all manner of records to broken in their last two games for the amount of penalty appeals.

The one great thing about tonight, the Palace fans will be up for it as usual, so their own players will still have something to feed off.

If I'm being realistic, a draw is the best I would expect from a Palace team that can't score goals.

mac said:
Chris in London said:
dw7 said:
I'm sure we've won 7 and again won 8 this season in all competition. Just because Brenda has only been in one company all season doesn't mean every other team was

We have done this before
Also we would have played 57 games I think ,compared with 43 for them. That is a lot of xtra time playing and travelling
and against tougher opposition as we progressed in the cups and the CL

tolmie's hairdoo said:
DenisLawBackHeel74 said:
@BluePhil8 said:
It would be too easy.

It's never easy for us.

For all the talk of scoring goals, they will be petrified of tossing away the main objective, which is merely to win.

A 1-0 win will be good enough, but having the quality to sit on that is a different matter.

I'm expecting all manner of records to broken in their last two games for the amount of penalty appeals.

The one great thing about tonight, the Palace fans will be up for it as usual, so their own players will still have something to feed off.

If I'm being realistic, a draw is the best I would expect from a Palace team that can't score goals.

My hope for tonight is that Brenda revs them up too much and they come out and over commit, getting hit on the counter and conceding early. IF Palace could take the lead I think the scousers will fall apart.

squirtyflower said:
mac said:
Chris in London said:

We have done this before
and against tougher opposition as we progressed in the cups and the CL
Lol I never even thought of that.they think they are going to walk it tonight.the crowd will be on their backs I am sure I read the palace fans aren't to keen on them.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
DenisLawBackHeel74 said:
@BluePhil8 said:
It would be too easy.

It's never easy for us.

True about them sitting back. They haven't blown anyone away in ages. They fluked a win by a one goal margin against us and West Ham and again against Norwich. They couldn't even score at home against Chelsea.

Although the results don't show it, they are definitely not the same side now the pressure is on.

From this point we should win the league, two games at home against average sides should mean a definite title win but this is City we're talking about and the 'typical City' tag is still alive and well.
Please Palace do us a favour

@BluePhil8 said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
DenisLawBackHeel74 said:

True about them sitting back. They haven't blown anyone away in ages. They fluked a win by a one goal margin against us and West Ham and again against Norwich. They couldn't even score at home against Chelsea.

Although the results don't show it, they are definitely not the same side now the pressure is on.

Neither could we

But agree a draw would be the most probable result, though think Puncheon can get the better of Flanagan and Jerome would be a threat from the counter.. Here's to hoping

01cravend said:
@BluePhil8 said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

Neither could we

But agree a draw would be the most probable result, though think Puncheon can get the better of Flanagan and Jerome would be a threat from the counter.. Here's to hoping
I know we didn't score against Chelsea either. But it isn't our manager coming out and saying they can overturn a 9 goal deficit in two games.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.