Will we win the league? Yes or no.

nwhn3 said:
By my estimation I think we can only afford to drop maybe 10 to 13 more points, so yes we can still win it but we need to to put a run together now. Can't afford too much more inconsistency.
That's probably about right, though I think the title winning points score is going to be lower this time than the last couple of seasons. You can lose 7 games in the season (drawing 4) and still finish on 85 points, so there's still plenty to play for.

prestonibbo_mcfc said:
Pam said:
It's all about what Arsenal do.

Sorry it's all about what we do.

Hope so. But realistically, they have had a phenomenal sequence of results stretching right back to the later days of last season and if they keep it up, they will win the title.

Not likely, we have Kompany back but that just proved that the problem is midfield. You can win without playing well, and without a tight defence, and without huge amounts of physical 'grit'. You can still defend by attrition by highly structured possesion and good shape. We just go for quick attack every time. Quick passes and flicks rather than nurse possesion and let the opponents run themselves out. And the excellent attacking runs are so frequent we can't keep a good shape. There is no such thing as more than the sum of the parts, tactically, no 'magic formula'. It's all swings and roundabouts. The magic factors are belief, sacrifice of each individual to the whole, and application.

We look a lot more solid than we did at the start of the season.

We'll probably be 8 points behind by tomorrow, but 2 seasons ago Utd turned round a deficit and went 8 points clear. I don't see City's challenge melting away at any stage, indeed I think we will get stronger as the season goes on.

It might take Jovetic a couple of months to get up to the pace of the game, but he could make an impact in the New Year. And remember that we are without our best player at the moment, and have been for a month.

I've said it before and I will say it again:
We will not win the league this season. Defensively we are way off where we need to be.
Title winning teams do not concede with the frequency we do.
Exciting it will be but in terms of trophies I think not.

Bluebee2 said:
We'll win it this year !

You mean season. It's impossible to win it this YEAR.<br /><br />-- Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:41 am --<br /><br />
Pam said:
prestonibbo_mcfc said:
Pam said:
It's all about what Arsenal do.

Hope so. But realistically, they have had a phenomenal sequence of results stretching right back to the later days of last season and if they keep it up, they will win the title.

You do know we play them next week, right. So it's even more about what we do in the near future as well
as long term.

prestonibbo_mcfc said:
Bluebee2 said:
We'll win it this year !

You mean season. It's impossible to win it this YEAR.

-- Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:41 am --

Pam said:
prestonibbo_mcfc said:

You do know we play them next week, right. So it's even more about what we do in the near future as well
as long term.

And you guys have a big advantage next Saturday
We return Thursday morning needing a result from the Napoli game
You have already qualified so can rest players
The Etihad marks our 3rd tough game in 6 days
You should beat us in a canter

steviemc said:
nwhn3 said:
By my estimation I think we can only afford to drop maybe 10 to 13 more points, so yes we can still win it but we need to to put a run together now. Can't afford too much more inconsistency.
That's probably about right, though I think the title winning points score is going to be lower this time than the last couple of seasons. You can lose 7 games in the season (drawing 4) and still finish on 85 points, so there's still plenty to play for.

True. And remember, while United's 89 points won the title last year, 79 points would also have won it for them. Won't be surprised if 75/76 points does it this season. All to play for. Silly to think otherwise.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.