Will we win the league? Yes or no.

Anyone who thinks we won't needs put together a coherent argument for who will.

Otherwise you just sound like a defeatist baby. Giving up the league in December in cringeworthy when you think of how many points behind the rags we were in March/April in the season we won it.

These threads speak to a deep deep insecurity which makes little sense to me.

Arsenal are the obvious candidate and I expect that they will beat Everton and get a point at City. And the pessimism on here will grow

However I expect City to be closer to Arsenal in May than we are now. Why? Because we will win nearly all our home games, and we'll win most away games too. WBA was like a home game, whilst Soton was 50/50, but Southampton is one of the toughest away games in the Premiership. Their record there since Pochettino took over tells you that.

Marvin said:
Arsenal are the obvious candidate and I expect that they will beat Everton and get a point at City. And the pessimism on here will grow

However I expect City to be closer to Arsenal in May than we are now. Why? Because we will win nearly all our home games, and we'll win most away games too. WBA was like a home game, whilst Soton was 50/50, but Southampton is one of the toughest away games in the Premiership. Their record there since Pochettino took over tells you that.

Actually I can see us starting to drop points at home BECAUSE of the pressure of not accumulating enough away points. Arse will do their best to shut us out next week - can only see a low scoring score draw or loss unless they lose a couple of players in the next 2 games. They look much more of a unit than we do

Marvin said:

Arsenal will also win all home games and most away.

mike channon´s windmill said:
Marvin said:

Actually I can see us starting to drop points at home BECAUSE of the pressure of not accumulating enough away points. Arse will do their best to shut us out next week - can only see a low scoring score draw or loss unless they lose a couple of players in the next 2 games. They look much more of a unit than we do
You are ignoring the evidence of the last week where we won away for only the 2nd time this season in the League, and then drew at Southampton looking very much a solid unit

Had you made that claim on the back of a defeat at Southampton, or WBA I'd get you. Before we played WBA and Southampton, I said we needed 4 points from these games and that's what we got. It's too soon in the season to start worrying about Arsenal (although that wont stop me), we just need to get our own game together and that seems to be what is happening.

I've looked into my crystal ball & seen that we will end up champions , Arsenal will fade away in March.
Man city
Chelsea
Arsenal
Man utd

From what I have seen there are only four teams that can win it.

Arsenal as they are in pole position and look pretty solid and must be favourites. Get a decent striker in January and they would be strong favourites. But given they haven't won anything for a while the pressure may build especially if other teams can stay in touch. I reckon they have a 35% chance of winning it.

The outsiders of four are Liverpool. This is the Suarez factor. What a player. Even better than Kun which is saying something. Tough call for one man to win the league in an otherwise average side but it has been done in Italy before. And they seem to bounce back quite well under Rodgers. 10% chance.

That leaves 55% for us and Chelsea. We have the better strikers, they have a better manager. But on balance I think we shade them. So if buy judiciously in January, a centre back and a mobile midfielder, then I make us a 30% shot, with Chelsea having a 25% chance.

So that means for me we have a 70% chance of losing it. So no we will not win it.

BillyShears said:
Anyone who thinks we won't needs put together a coherent argument for who will.

Otherwise you just sound like a defeatist baby. Giving up the league in December in cringeworthy when you think of how many points behind the rags we were in March/April in the season we won it.

These threads speak to a deep deep insecurity which makes little sense to me.

I disagree with that, i can't see right now how we are going to win the league, new manager, players who are not doing it in away games, there is nothing i have seen this season so far to say we can we the league, we are doing the job at home but not away, who will win the league, at the beginning of the season i went for Chelsea just because of their new manager, but he is having as much trouble with Chelsea as we are having away from home, Liverpool are a surprise to me, i didn't think they would start so well, can they keep it up who knows, that leaves Arsenal same manager players who are at the top of their game right now, and right now it would seem that they could win the league.

gelly said:
Marvin said:

Arsenal will also win all home games and most away.
Good as Arsenal are, I don't think they are the Invincibles

Maybe we need 4 or 5 back to back wins to get close to them and apply some pressure.

They've got to go through Feb/March when the FA Cup and Champions League is in full swing.

Play the long game

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.