Will we win the league? Yes or no.

Marvin said:
We can draw now against Arsenal and just be 6 points behind them.

Makes our point at Southampton look all the better.

Chelsea lost at Stoke and Arsenal drop 2 points at home

It's going to go all the way

Agreed.

Really looking forward to sat, a bit reminiscent of 1 nil win against the rags in our title winning season.....obviously not the same but has a whiff of

Marvin said:
We can draw now against Arsenal and just be 6 points behind them.

Makes our point at Southampton look all the better.

Chelsea lost at Stoke and Arsenal drop 2 points at home

It's going to go all the way

In one way I hope you're right, I'd prefer for us to win it with a month to go though. Cityitis for me !

I think the point at Southampton was a good one, especially when our display there last season is taken into account, but I'm just not too happy with our away displays (not quite as bothered as SHB about them though).

I just want us to dominate possession more and close teams down quicker when they have the ball, in other words be more like Bayern.
We seem to be getting there but it's taking time, and our defence is suffering as a result. They look almost as bad as they did last season, one mistake away to concede or a last ditch tackle to save a goal.

I think it is the midfield which lets us down in getting back to help defend or giving an easy out ball from defence so we can keep possession, and our strikers need to help the midfield to defend too. I agree with Muller's comments regarding our team being lazy in helping each other out, not just the strikers but right through the team.

We don't seem to be controlling games like we can do at home, and even at home we give the opposition spells of control, but if we're three up then it isn't too much of a problem. On present form I don't think we'll win the league but we should get a top four finish. Away form has to improve and I think we need one or two reinforcements to win a trophy and be certain of a top four spot.

We'll have to go away to Liverpool, Everton, Arsenal, Spurs in the second half of the season, and that is my main concern for our guaranteed top four spot.

Well we beat Everton at home and WBA away so we have picked up 4 points over the Arse from these 2 games, we are starting to make ground from the lost points (in comparison to Arse) at the likes of Cardiff earlier in the season. Having said that, humping them next Saturday would be an even bigger step forward.

Balti said:
Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
We need to strengthen midfield and CB in the window. Not enough quality in either.

Wonder if Chelsea might go back for Rooney in January?

I hope so cos that really would cripple the rags lol

can't see him staying at a lower-mid table side like the rags

Yep agree - we do not have quality cover for Yaya at all and that is what is required. Fernan is doing a great job and is getting better and better, but Yaya hardly gets rest time throughout a whole season as he is important to us.

Get a quality midfielder in that can relieve the responsibility and definately a CB, for Demichellis does not give me enough confidence at all. Hopefully nasty will be back asap and adequate cover brought in.

BlueMoonz1977 said:
Balti said:
We need to strengthen midfield and CB in the window. Not enough quality in either.

Yep agree - we do not have quality cover for Yaya at all and that is what is required. Fernan is doing a great job and is getting better and better, but Yaya hardly gets rest time throughout a whole season as he is important to us.

Get a quality midfielder in that can relieve the responsibility and definately a CB, for Demichellis does not give me enough confidence at all. Hopefully nasty will be back asap and adequate cover brought in.
Song at Barca would do for me. We've all been banging on about the quality of our 2nd string and hopefully this will be addressed, but there's an elephant in the room........

Our 4-4-2 tactics especially away from home is more detrimental to our immediate success than anything else on the horizon IMHO....

BlueMoonz1977 said:
Balti said:

Milner could play centrally. Rodwell could too....if he stays fit

Marvin said:
BlueMoonz1977 said:
Balti said:

I personally dont want to see us bring in new players unless a real stellar name becomes available which could improve the first eleven.

Milner and Rodwell are good enough to play in the side in the vast majority of games particularly when positioned alongside our current first team. What we have to realise is that its difficult for players to come in for one/ two games and just hit the ground running. Case in point Clichy and Kolorov. Kolorov played a few games got good write ups Clichy walked back in widely slated. It is difficult to just pick up the baton and even new signings will have the same problem if they are not regulars.<br /><br />-- Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:56 pm --<br /><br />
franksinatra said:
Marvin said:
BlueMoonz1977 said:

I personally dont want to see us bring in new players unless a real stellar name becomes available which could improve the first eleven.

Milner and Rodwell are good enough to play in the side in the vast majority of games particularly when positioned alongside our current first team. What we have to realise is that its difficult for players to come in for one/ two games and just hit the ground running. Case in point Clichy and Kolorov. Kolorov played a few games got good write ups Clichy walked back in widely slated. It is difficult to just pick up the baton and even new signings will have the same problem if they are not regulars.

To answer the question. Although I was disapointed walking out of St Marys on saturday I still see it as a point gained as I think it will come down to City or Chelsea

I'm still in the 'yes' camp. I'd be more worried if another team looked capable of going on a consistent run, and winning 28 games like in the previous 2 seasons. I just don't see it happening this season. Many unexpected points have already gone to teams who would normally be outside the top 6.

I think it's going to be a real scrappy season and wouldn't be surprised if the title was won with 80pts or less. Results like on Saturday, where we play badly but still come away with a point, may become far more significant this season.

Todays result has picked me up a bit. Beat Arsenal next week and then beat Fulham away and I think Arsenal might just cop their first taste of title chasing pressure going into their game against Chelsea.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.