Will we win the league? Yes or no.

[youtube][/youtube]
citymad said:
TheMaineRoad said:
citymad said:
Good result for us although its still hasn't changed my mind that we wont win it. Its still Arsenals to lose and after watching an excellent Everton side go toe to toe with them I'm not sure we'll even finish in the top 4. If we don't sort out our away tactics, mentality and concentration were in real danger of missing out. The fact that the dippers and the toffees may not have big squads will be evened out by not having the champs league to contend with.
Jesus Christ.

Its a reasonable concern. Don't be so arrogant, you mean you haven' t even given it a thought ?
It isn't a reasonable concern as it fails to account for the extent of the decline that is required to drop from second to fifth (or below). This is evidenced by the infrequency at which this has happened in the last fifteen years.

Clubs have mainly fallen out of the top four because of extraneous, egregious factors like Hicks and Gilette at Liverpool, or (hopefully) Taggart leaving united.

I'm not saying it can't happen, but to describe your concern as reasonable is to ignore the evidence of history (or our squad for that matter) at hand.

Marvin said:
citymad said:
TheMaineRoad said:
Jesus Christ.

Its a reasonable concern. Don't be so arrogant, you mean you haven' t even given it a thought ?
No one can be sure of anything in football, but we can and should win the League let alone finish in the top 4.

We changed manager in the Summer, signed a number of foreign players, who had to settle in, and with Kompany Out and Hart having a melt down, we've done very well to stay within 6 points of the leaders. With the majority of these problems hopefully behind us we should only get stronger.

Silva is about to re-join the team, to be followed shortly by Jovetic and Nastasic. Confidence should be growing.

I totally agree it should be growing but we cant ignore the fact that all the top teams are capable of joining in the mix come the end of the season. Really looking forward to seeing Merlin, Jovetic, Clichy and Nastasic rejoin the first team.

The goal difference gives me confidence. The away form hasn't been reflected in the results. We absolutely deserved to win or at least draw at Chelsea and the Sunderland result was a joke. A very unlucky 6 points lost which would have made the table look very different.

A test at home against Arsenal on Saturday for which I cannot fucking wait. Their ideas of being the best are going to end right then and there.

citymad said:
Marvin said:
citymad said:
No one can be sure of anything in football, but we can and should win the League let alone finish in the top 4.

We changed manager in the Summer, signed a number of foreign players, who had to settle in, and with Kompany Out and Hart having a melt down, we've done very well to stay within 6 points of the leaders. With the majority of these problems hopefully behind us we should only get stronger.

Silva is about to re-join the team, to be followed shortly by Jovetic and Nastasic. Confidence should be growing.

I totally agree it should be growing but we cant ignore the fact that all the top teams are capable of joining in the mix come the end of the season. Really looking forward to seeing Merlin, Jovetic, Clichy and Nastasic rejoin the first team.

You really think a team who beats spurs 6-0, united 4-1, Norwich 7-0 etc will finish outside the top 4? There's not one team that looks better than us on our day! The reason we aren't at the top at the mo is because we've been inconsistent and poor away from home. However I'm confident we will iron out those issues, because frankly we have the best 11 in the prem so we would have to totally fuck up not to finish in the top 4. We will win the league IMO

citymad said:
Marvin said:
citymad said:

Arsenal, Chelsea, City no question. Long odds on Liverpool and even longer for Everton

The gap to Arsenal has stayed pretty constant at 6 points since the end of September. What we've got to do now is repeat what we 've done at WBA and Southampton on our travels

citymad said:
TheMaineRoad said:
citymad said:
Good result for us although its still hasn't changed my mind that we wont win it. Its still Arsenals to lose and after watching an excellent Everton side go toe to toe with them I'm not sure we'll even finish in the top 4. If we don't sort out our away tactics, mentality and concentration were in real danger of missing out. The fact that the dippers and the toffees may not have big squads will be evened out by not having the champs league to contend with.
Jesus Christ.

I did think about it against Southampton, we are dropping so many points away from home it's getting ridiculous and considering I think the problem is the players that means we have to wait quite a while for it to sort out.

If we can beat Arsenal next Saturday then yes.<br /><br />-- Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:57 am --<br /><br />If we can beat Arsenal next Saturday then yes.

We're going to be too frail at the back to win the league. I said Chelsea at start of season but Arsenal continue to surprise.

We'll see what they're made in these next 2 weeks.

Unlike in recent years, the January transfer window will be crazy this season. So many teams still in with a shout of the title but still not sure of CL qualification. All with obvious weaknesses. And with the additional telly money. The new managers will have reviewed their squads and will want to replace players. They'll also think that they cant afford to wait until summer. I think there'll be some really big spending. United will spend big, Arsenal will buy strikers, Mourinho will want new players. We need a defender.

There could be some huge transfers, mad gambles, panic buys. It could be that one or two signings come off and make all the difference.

if we can iron out the away issues we've got a great chance. Maybe if Pellers is determined to just have the two incentre midfield then Silva and Jovetic might provide the solution. Silva is one of the best three players in Europe and we look unbeatable when he is on form. Jovetic, if we can get him fit and playing, could be the key as he is class. He could be the key and be like signing a new player in the transfer window. He works hard and might add the workrate we need to overcome the away problems.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.