Will we win the league? Yes or no.

We'll know a lot more in 2 weeks' time ... if Arsenal beat us and Chelsea then they will take a lot of stopping. But if they lose to both of us, then it will be back to what everyone thought at the start of the season; that it's probably between City and Chelsea.

Despite Arsenal's start, I still think City have the best team and squad in the league (we wouldn't want to swap teams with Arsenal, would we ??), but for some reason we seem to have to totally dominate a game to have any chance of winning it ... we don't seem capable of nicking a win, or winning without being at our best, so we pretty much have the fewest points we could have got from our performances.

At the moment, I'd probably go 'no', as I don't think we're there yet in terms of coming to grips with the way we're playing. For example: I'm relatively confident that we'll beat Arsenal, especially if Silva is available, but I also think we might well lose against Liverpool - I fear that they'll press us high (which we usually struggle with), we'll start to defend deeper as a result, and then big gaps will open up in front of our defence (much like against Southampton), which Suarez and Coutinho will exploit.

That said, I'm still very hopeful that things will click sooner rather than later. If it's soon enough, then I'll be quickly flip-flopping towards a 'yes'.

Will City win the league? Yes or no.

NO. Our defence is not up to scratch - Injury to Aguero and/or Neggers for even 3/4 games means we will struggle.
Too many times we put in 50% performances especially away. Everton at Arse yesterday was a very good performance
although I dislike Everton they have a very good manager in Roberto M. When our we going to find "exciting" young talent coming through.? We do not seem to want to play Lopes in any BIG games. Maybe we will have to wait a couple of years before out EDS players are good enough for the first team squad.

Here's what's weird about this City team ... and about the league generally so far ... I can't decide whether we won't win it at all or we'll win it by ten points. There is just no consistency from anyone but Arsenal. If they take four from their next two games (these being City & then Chelsea), you'd have to admit they're the real deal but to state the obvious, you'd still have to conclude that our players are good enough to suppose that its more likely for our away form to pick up than it is for our home form to dip. We can't keep battering everyone at the Etihad and fucking up so frequently away. Not all season. It just wouldn't compute. Something has to give, people, shirley.

Formula to win the league:
1. Average 2.5pts/game at home and 2pts/game away. That will get us to 82pts, which I think will be enough this year.

2. Can't afford any losses at home. Can tolerate 1 or 2 losses away providing we are beating the lower sides (think West Brom as a model performance, barring the last 10 minutes).

3. We have to visit Arsenal, Liverpool, United, Spurs and Everton in the second half. In our title year, we got 7pts from these games. We need to better that -- at least 8pts.

4. Away, we have to vary from 4-4-2 against sides who hold possession and are strong in midfield.

bugsyblue said:
citymad said:
Marvin said:
No one can be sure of anything in football, but we can and should win the League let alone finish in the top 4.

We changed manager in the Summer, signed a number of foreign players, who had to settle in, and with Kompany Out and Hart having a melt down, we've done very well to stay within 6 points of the leaders. With the majority of these problems hopefully behind us we should only get stronger.

Silva is about to re-join the team, to be followed shortly by Jovetic and Nastasic. Confidence should be growing.

I totally agree it should be growing but we cant ignore the fact that all the top teams are capable of joining in the mix come the end of the season. Really looking forward to seeing Merlin, Jovetic, Clichy and Nastasic rejoin the first team.

You really think a team who beats spurs 6-0, united 4-1, Norwich 7-0 etc will finish outside the top 4? There's not one team that looks better than us on our day! The reason we aren't at the top at the mo is because we've been inconsistent and poor away from home. However I'm confident we will iron out those issues, because frankly we have the best 11 in the prem so we would have to totally fuck up not to finish in the top 4. We will win the league IMO

If we continue in similar style till the end of the season then there definitely IS a possibility of finishing 5th or worse.

We will only win the league when the manager realises that sometimes you can't always play the same formation match after match.

Of course the football is entertaining, but sometimes you have to take into account the strengths of the opposition and pick a team to nullify their strengths.

Going into Saturday's game it was clear Southampton would play with three men in central midfield and press us high up the field. By playing a two man midfield we gave them the opportunity to pass around us and exert extra pressure on to our defence. This resulted in us giving the ball away too easily at times and then being put on the back foot too often.

We should have matched Southampton in the formation and I believe then our extra quality would have won us the game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.