Will we win the league? Yes or no.

So far out of everything, that Chelsea loss sticks out more bc those 2 points lost is what's keeping us from being 2nd at the moment. But at the end of the day I think we will win. Chelsea will continue to have ST issues and they can't keep scoring from midfield so I think they will fall a bit and Arsenal will begin to wear down. City for the win!

Matty said:
Pre-season I thought we'd finish as runner up behind Chelsea. Now I think we'll win it. Chelsea haven't been as good as I thought they'd be, and I still think Arsenal haven't really been tested yet. Yes they keep winning, but its games they should win.
Er.... Cardiff? Sunderland? Villa? Point being, they've won the games they should have won; we didn't. We can still win it, of course we can. But there's very little to leeway now re. defeats.

The question is this. If we overtake Arsenal and build up a big lead, will the weight of expectation get to us and see us nearly throw it away again as we nearly did in 2011/12?

I think any team who is top in Jan/Feb is going to have that psychological battle to contend with - I think we're more equipped than Arsenal to win that battle given that we've won it more recently.

We perform much better when the pressure's off though (Norwich 1-6 City)...

not if we are complacent like 2nd half last night, cant afford to be like that. but we find out after xmas, im 50/50 at mo

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.