Will we win the Prem / Title still possible (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Title still possible

117 M34 said:
Imagine if we went in to the final game level with Liverpool on points and with the same goal difference.
Don't know if I could hack the pressure of that
We would need some paramedics on duty that day! them v Newcastle us v West ham

Incredible to think how crucial the second goal against Sunderland could be. Lose that and pool could have afforded to lose the Chelsea game. I still think we will win it

Re: Will we win the Prem (continued)?

Chippy_boy said:
sam-caddick said:
Chippy_boy said:
I don't think so. All of the three teams are within a whisker of winning it. Mourinho will be thinking beat
Liverpool and he is within touching distance of the title. I am not saying he wouldn't rather have the CL title - I am sure he would. But i can't see him giving up on the league when there's only 4 games to go and he's still right in it.

If Liverpool win tomorrow and go 5 points clear and Chelsea get a result in Madrid in the week then I think Jose will play a weakened side against Liverpool, it wont be a team that will get battered but it will be a team with the likes of Schwarzer in net, no Hazard and Oscar, Ba up front etc..

If Jose can get Chelsea to a final of the Champions League he will take that as a good season, in fact they have every chance of winning that trophy this season with Mourinho in charge.

I just don't see it that way mate. Mourinho has always favoured players with a great work ethic who will do whatever it takes - hence him getting rid of Mata. And his enormous ego will be thinking he can possibly still do the double. So he's going to throw his strongest team out for both games. He needs a win at Liverpool to keep his title hopes alive and I can't see him just throwing the Liverpool game. He could easily go out against Athletico and then be left with nothing. Playing your strongest team in both ties is like hedging your bets.

I can see you point mate.

Let's believe.

Let's hope it turns out to be as crucial as the third goal we scored against them in the 2011-12 season when we came back from 3-1 down.

The scousers have had an arrogance about them this week that will be their downfall against Norwich tomorrow, so I reckon a draw. They'll lose to Chelsea giving them a max of 84 points.

Chelsea win their remaining 3 = 84 points.

City win last 5 (of course) = 86 points, and champions. Even a draw at Goodison should see us win it on goal dif.

Hopefully Norwich win tomorrow, could be tough since they're fighting for relegation.

If Chelsea play the way they did against us at home then they should win, hopefully Jose doesn't try something fancy due to CL.

That therefore means that if they get beat by Norwich and Chelsea they'll be on 83 points.

We win our remaining games and a draw vs Everton / Palace then we will be on 84 points!

If only we won against Sunderland life would've been easier!

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/winner" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.oddschecker.com/football/eng ... gue/winner</a>

Premier League title odds as of now:-

Liverpool - 1/4
City - 7/2
Chelsea - Anywhere between 16/1 and 20/1

Before the Chelsea match today:-

Liverpool - 8/15
City - 6/1
Chelsea - 3/1

It is imperative for us that Norwich get something tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.