Will we win the Prem / Title still possible (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Will we win the Prem (continued)?

I honestly don't think so, personally I don't think we've got five straight wins in us.

More than happy to be proved wrong though.

Re: Title still possible

erast fandorin said:
A day on the piss will help get the crowd rocking Monday night
It could, but not if WBA score first....

I just hope we don't score too early again, or if we do, we get a second quickly. Its quite possible that Liverpool will have a better goal difference than us tomorrow, so we might need a few if we're taking it level on points, fascinating end to the season though.

cleavers said:
erast fandorin said:
A day on the piss will help get the crowd rocking Monday night
It could, but not if WBA score first....

I just hope we don't score too early again, or if we do, we get a second quickly. Its quite possible that Liverpool will have a better goal difference than us tomorrow, so we might need a few if we're taking it level on points, fascinating end to the season though.

That is crazy talk. We need to score early to take the pressure of the players and reduce the anxiety in the crowd. Furthermore it will give a brittle west brom nothing to hang onto.

It has been a feature of this season scoring early making a lot of home matches a bit of a canter.

If we make a mess of it from there we will have no one to blame but ourselves.

Henderson and Sturridge being out could be crucial for a team that has been blessed by footballing fates all season. As could the referee, who I heard is Clattenburg again if I'm not mistaken?

Hopefully complacency will get the better of them. Majority of their fans think they'll steamroll Norwich tomorrow, as we've seen most of the season, the Premier League isn't always that simple. There's still a glimmer of hope for us yet!

franksinatra said:
That is crazy talk. We need to score early to take the pressure of the players and reduce the anxiety in the crowd. Furthermore it will give a brittle west brom nothing to hang onto.
Were you on Mars on Wednesday night ?

Score early, check
Pressure off the players then, check (errrrr maybe not)
Reduce the anxiety in the crowd, check (we got right behind them for about 2 minutes)
Brittle Sunderland, check (lost 5 on the spin before that)
Nothing to hang on to, check (they came at us, who was brittle ?)

Carry on, but note I did say if we score early we get a second quickly....

cleavers said:
franksinatra said:
Were you on Mars on Wednesday night ?

Score early, check
Pressure off the players then, check (errrrr maybe not)
Reduce the anxiety in the crowd, check (we got right behind them for about 2 minutes)
Brittle Sunderland, check (lost 5 on the spin before that)
Nothing to hang on to, check (they came at us, who was brittle ?)

Carry on, but note I did say if we score early we get a second quickly....

I do not make my judgements based on one game of football.

I think if you spoke to any manager they would welcome an early goal and we, like liverpool have made every effort to get on the front foot this year. It has been a feature of both teams play.

Please tell me when would be the ideal minute to score then?

Just out of interest do you think the players will be under less pressure if it remains at 0-0 rather than be 1-0 down?

117 M34 said:
Just been looking on RAWK.
They are all booking their hotels for the trophy parade

How very surprising.

franksinatra said:
Just out of interest do you think the players will be under less pressure if it remains at 0-0 rather than be 1-0 down?
No, but the point is, they might keep playing, unlike when we did score early on Wednesday, and the majority thought we'd already won, not to mention it changed the Sunderland game, as they knew they then had to score twice, so they came at us, and we bottled it. Happy for you to disagree with that summary, we only got going again after they took the lead. We should have won it too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.