Will we win the Prem / Title still possible (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Title still possible

jimharri said:
tizzerp said:
Let's hope it turns out to be as crucial as the third goal we scored against them in the 2011-12 season when we came back from 3-1 down.
Kolarov free kick at the North/Family Stand end.

Was from open play wasn't it ? Cracking goal anyway....

I feel a little bit optimistic tonight I must admit,really think Norwich will win .

I just can't see us winning our last 5 games and we would need too, to have a chance of winning the league! Especially with our injuries/fatigue and mentality

I don't see it. I expect us to drop more points before the end of the season. The way we've been playing lately I don't see us winning every game. Struggling to score goals. No Yaya for a bit. Silva not 100%. Aguero not yet 100%. Don't like the way the team coasts after scoring a goal. We've never been a great defending team this year. Don't like the way the team started vs Sunderland. Seemed like the team gave up on the title after the loss to Liverpool.

Mr. Aguia said:
I don't see it. I expect us to drop more points before the end of the season. The way we've been playing lately I don't see us winning every game. Struggling to score goals. No Yaya for a bit. Silva not 100%. Aguero not yet 100%. Don't like the way the team coasts after scoring a goal. We've never been a great defending team this year. Don't like the way the team started vs Sunderland. Seemed like the team gave up on the title after the loss to Liverpool.

Reminds me of the loss to arsenal, and swansea with the crying fan. Look how it turned out in the end.

Just been looking on RAWK.
They are all booking their hotels for the trophy parade

Re: Will we win the Prem (continued)?

Having just watched the Chelsea game, I can see Ramires getting a 3 match ban who would be a key person for the Liverpool tie

karen7 said:
The team were all saying we had 6 cup finals then they turned in a lame performance v sunderland so i cant see the remaining games being fought like finals either

Talk is cheap, as they say. Regardless of what happens at Norwich if that Chelsea result doesn't give them the impetus to stay in the race nothing will.

Topsy Turvy season or what?

First of all I discounted Chelsea not dropping points today and was relying on Norwich to take something off Liverpool and giving us the hope that the clash between the pair next week would be a stalemate, giving City the initiative to have one last crack at the title and win all our games. This result today has opened it up again as a draw or loss for Liverpool next week and its game on regardless of the game tomorrow (although a scouse slip up would be much welcome). The players now know if they win all there remaining games it will at least go to the last game of the season and hopefully the pressure will eventually tell for the dippers.

I remember Hull away not too long back and us going down to ten men that was it for the title (Premature I know, but couldn't see us winning at that point and also didn't see Chelsea slipping up for the remainder of the season, cue City winning and Villa beating Chelsea on the same day) Post Sunderland match I resigned myself to it being over, likewise I did agaInst Arsenal in 2012. Something just tells me there is a major twist around the corner and its back on. Momentum is the key and one slip up from Liverpool and I feel we will take it, preferably starting tomorrow.

Mr. Aguia said:
Hope you don't mind but I'm going to pick holes in some of your post....see highlighted bits.

We've only scored 17 in 6 games, struggling to score ?

Only (yes only) Chelsea have conceded less than we have.

We started fine, a goal up in 2 minutes....

Really ? We struggled mentally against Sunderland, because of Liverpool, understandable given that we were looking the only winners until Vinnys poor clearance, a huge mental blow. Don't think anyone had given up.

We were missing Yaya and Silva in particular, and Navas who's pace we missed in the Sunderland game, also credit to Sunderland who have taken 4 points in 4 days away against top 3 sides, its actually quite impressive, lets hope it inspires Norwich, it should, because a defeat and they're deeper in the shit.

Glass half full here still.

M9 Blue said:
"i swear you'ii never see anything like this ever again"...............................well maybe ,just maybe.
IF Norwich can do something and they need to now with Sunderlands revival,we could finally have a bouncing Etihad this season on Monday,break out the poznan!

TBF we should have had a bouncing Etihad against Sunderland. It was awful I'm afraid.

The psychology of crowds in stadiums is a strange one, no doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.