Will we win the Prem / Title still possible (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Title still possible

You would think Liverpool are hot favourites for the title and that's exactly how the bookmakers now call it after Chelsea imploded at home against Sunderland.

However, Liverpool have still to play Chelsea at home and Crystal Palace away. They could easily lose both.

The odds on a City on betfair are now 4/1. Fantastic odds for a 2 horse race.

I'm going to put money on City.

Iv had a few drinks but am i right in thinkin that if we win our remaining games and liverpool lose one, there is a good chance we do it on goal difference

cleavers said:
BlueHalli said:
Iv had a few drinks but am i right in thinkin that if we win our remaining games and liverpool lose one, there is a good chance we do it on goal difference
Not if they beat Norwich 12-0 tomorrow :)

Norwich are fighting for their lives......no easy games for anyone now

Gillespie said:
cleavers said:
BlueHalli said:
Not if they beat Norwich 12-0 tomorrow :)

Norwich are fighting for their lives......no easy games for anyone now
I was joking about 12-0, but lets see how that game pans out, I fancy 3-1 Liverpool, and that will put them 1 goal behind us, and 9 points ahead.

Oh as for fighting for their lives, W 2 D2 lost 6 of their last 10, and lost 4 of their last 5.

I have mixed feelings on this, i was really pissed off on Wednesday when i came on here after the game and read some of the negativity!
the result today has got to give our players something to play for on Monday, the only thing we can do now is win all our remaining games and hope that Liverpool loose at least one game. But if they loose one game and we win our games we will be level on points, meaning it will be down to GD, wich is why it is important we play on Monday the same way we played at the beggining of the season, ATTACK.

i still feel the title is far from over the pressure has got to get to Liverpool. So rather than moaning constantly and writing us off, lets get behind the team as best we can for the remaining games and hope Liverpool slip up so please stop being sp negative and make some noise on Monday and show the players we havnt give up!

In this season, by my calculations so apologies if incorrect, we've enjoyed two runs of 8 and 6 league games respectively when we've won every fixture. I know we're in the business end, but there is no need to think that winning 5 games on the bounce is impossible.

cleavers said:
franksinatra said:
Just out of interest do you think the players will be under less pressure if it remains at 0-0 rather than be 1-0 down?
No, but the point is, they might keep playing, unlike when we did score early on Wednesday, and the majority thought we'd already won, not to mention it changed the Sunderland game, as they knew they then had to score twice, so they came at us, and we bottled it. Happy for you to disagree with that summary, we only got going again after they took the lead. We should have won it too.

Fair enough we all see it differently.

Personally I would much rather score early forcing west brom to come out and play rather than sitting back in two banks of four, smothering play, particularly if we are without our main creator (silva), scorer of key goals (yaya) and our main striker (aguero) who has probably not back to full sharpness as yet.

There's nothing wrong with being negative, so long as it stays on this board.

I've been to many games and felt frustrated at times, but I must admit I've never booed the team (I've booed the referees and linsemen though, quite a lot this season too).

In any case I prefer to call my negativity, being realistic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.