Will we win the Prem / Title still possible (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Will we win the Prem (continued)?

sam-caddick said:
Chippy_boy said:
sam-caddick said:
If Liverpool win tomorrow and go 5 points clear and Chelsea get a result in Madrid in the week then I think Jose will play a weakened side against Liverpool, it wont be a team that will get battered but it will be a team with the likes of Schwarzer in net, no Hazard and Oscar, Ba up front etc..

If Jose can get Chelsea to a final of the Champions League he will take that as a good season, in fact they have every chance of winning that trophy this season with Mourinho in charge.

I just don't see it that way mate. Mourinho has always favoured players with a great work ethic who will do whatever it takes - hence him getting rid of Mata. And his enormous ego will be thinking he can possibly still do the double. So he's going to throw his strongest team out for both games. He needs a win at Liverpool to keep his title hopes alive and I can't see him just throwing the Liverpool game. He could easily go out against Athletico and then be left with nothing. Playing your strongest team in both ties is like hedging your bets.

I can see you point mate.

Let's believe.

It was claimed that after Barca beat RM 2-0 in the CL semi final a couple of years ago, Mourinho told his players to not go for the win in the 2nd leg. Play for 0-0 so he could blame their defeat on the 1st leg referee. He wanted an excuse, someone else to blame.

If Chelsea get a decent result against Atletico, in the 1st leg, he might send a weak team to Anfield. Gives him an excuse if Chelsea get turned over. Its about his ego.

Re: Title still possible

de niro said:
I still can't believe that clearance from Vinny at klanfield, or that miss from nasri last wed night. They are season defining.
Tiny margins mate, its not just that Vinny's miss kick could have gone anywhere else, but Coutinho' shot could also have gone anywhere too, and if either had happened, I think we'd have won the game easily.

That moment could well decide a season, it might not though.

Wilf Wild 1937 said:
I agree with frank on this one. The fact that when Sunderland did "come out and play" we weren't up to the job for whatever reason
doesn't detract from the fact that as supposedly the better team (we weren't on the night) it should have been easier for us after
scoring the early goal.
Which was I said if we score early we need to make sure we get a second quickly. As for the "whatever reason" I refer you to the moment mentioned above, tiny margin, but mentally huge.

We can concede any second vs every team now thats how low our defence is. WBA scoring 2-3 goals, would somebody be really surprised at it? I would be surprised with a clean sheet. Sunderland should have scored more from the chances they had, all those clear headers they missed...

the title is still very possible for you guys. yesterday was really depressing (feels like i got kicked in the nuts). I cant believe how we have thrown away 9 points against inferior teams in the last month. I think the mata sale and Jose's ego has come back to bite him in the ass big time, especially against shit teams like stoke and west ham. He was too focus on talkin about your manager and arsene when it was so unnecessary. Really want this season to be over and pulling for you guys to win this since our players dont seem to want it. Just hope you guys can win out and pray we get all three points against these self righteous and smug bastards next week. Now that i think about it a repeat of 2012 wont be so bad. You guys take the PL and we do CL.

No chance now, the Sunderland result finished us.
Unfortunately the title is going to Klanfield and the media love-in is going to be truly horrendous.

We do tend to ease off a bit if we score early. Even in games that we've gone on to win comfortably (eg Spurs, United) we had uncomfortable periods before the 2nd goal.

Need Liverpool to drop points today. I know they still have Chelsea to play and a tricky fixture at Palace but I think if they win today they'll be unstoppable.

bluemoon32 said:
No chance now, the Sunderland result finished us.
Unfortunately the title is going to Klanfield and the media love-in is going to be truly horrendous.

Don't know how you can say that especially after what you guys have done in 2012. I believe the sunderland game was a freak result and in Liverpool you guys were unlucky as you were better thAn them. You guys are very capable of going on 5 match win streak and that includes Everton. Chelsea cannot for two reasons. One, without Hazard and Oscar off form we lack game changers. Two, our attitude stinks against inferior opposition and I blame Jose for this. We have shown that we can stifle good opposition this year so you can expect at the very least a draw from us against liverpool next week. That would leave you guys needing them to drop one more point against the lesser teams provided we dont take all three next week. You guys are still very much in this. Liverpool are due a bad result after their 10 game win streak and it can happen today. Really rather you guys win it than them.

Let's just say Liverpool lost today?? Would we be favourites for the title???

de niro said:
I still can't believe that clearance from Vinny at klanfield, or that miss from nasri last wed night. They are season defining.

the agenda has finally got to the players :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.