Will we win the Prem / Title still possible (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Title still possible

cleavers said:
BlueHalli said:
Iv had a few drinks but am i right in thinkin that if we win our remaining games and liverpool lose one, there is a good chance we do it on goal difference
Not if they beat Norwich 12-0 tomorrow :)

They may shit themselves if they score 1st though ;-/<br /><br />-- Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:31 am --<br /><br />
ssouthstand116 said:
I have mixed feelings on this, i was really pissed off on Wednesday when i came on here after the game and read some of the negativity!
the result today has got to give our players something to play for on Monday, the only thing we can do now is win all our remaining games and hope that Liverpool loose at least one game. But if they loose one game and we win our games we will be level on points, meaning it will be down to GD, wich is why it is important we play on Monday the same way we played at the beggining of the season, ATTACK.

i still feel the title is far from over the pressure has got to get to Liverpool. So rather than moaning constantly and writing us off, lets get behind the team as best we can for the remaining games and hope Liverpool slip up so please stop being sp negative and make some noise on Monday and show the players we havnt give up!

I know what you are saying mate but why the fuck do they NEED something to play for.

cleavers said:
franksinatra said:
Personally I would much rather score early forcing west brom to come out and play rather than sitting back in two banks of four, smothering play
exactly what happened on Wednesday, we drew 2-2.

I agree with frank on this one. The fact that when Sunderland did "come out and play" we weren't up to the job for whatever reason
doesn't detract from the fact that as supposedly the better team (we weren't on the night) it should have been easier for us after
scoring the early goal.

WBA are much better than Sunderland and playing very well at the moment.

Aguero looked rusty and got a couple of bad knocks in the 1st half, but he'll be better for that run out.

I reckon another 90 mins and he'll be back to his best, and Jovetic in behind him

St Ives blue said:
The scousers have had an arrogance about them this week that will be their downfall against Norwich tomorrow, so I reckon a draw. They'll lose to Chelsea giving them a max of 84 points.

Chelsea win their remaining 3 = 84 points.

City win last 5 (of course) = 86 points, and champions. Even a draw at Goodison should see us win it on goal dif.

Good post
Except for last point
We must win all our games . Liverpool must be forced to actually win this title without us doing it for them . Keeping pressure on them will make them nervy. Players do funny things under pressure as we know only too well .Even if they do win at Norwich we must keep pressure on them before their Chelsea game comes around . The media virtually have them winning the title without any problems at all . Pride comes before a fall though and this is what I'm hanging on to .

Marvin said:
WBA are much better than Sunderland and playing very well at the moment.

Aguero looked rusty and got a couple of bad knocks in the 1st half, but he'll be better for that run out.

I reckon another 90 mins and he'll be back to his best, and Jovetic in behind him

Sunderland was a freak result probably due to the high intensity of the Liverpool game and a flat atmosphere. We have won every game at home except Chelsea and Sunderland by my reckoning. We should have no excuses in not winning our remaining home games,, regardless of how Liverpool have done.
Now the 2 away games are a different kettle of fish. Palace will be tough no doubt but we should have the fire power to break them down when on top of our game, especially if we have a some good news coming our away from the previous game which would give us a welcome boost. Everton is not the most ideal place to go looking for 3 points but if the incentive is there, you just never know, we are due a win there and if Palace can score 3 on there manor why cant we?

Perhaps karma comes back and hit suarez with a 3 game ban. That would balance the book for the soft penalties.

Chelsea will get something against the Mickeys and I have always had this feeling that Newcastle would get something at Anfield on the final day.

After three games without a win, we are still in with a shout.

Come on Norwich - "Let's be having you"

You hope that Norwich will do all they can to get a result ala Sunderland.

Now only one of Sunderland , Fulham or Cardiff need a win and they will be in the bottom three if they don't.

West Brom are still in the mix as well.

You don't want to make any excuse for our performances in recent times and irrespective of personnel we still should account for West Brom whether we are a chance for the title or not but it will be interesting to see West Brom's approach after dropping another 2 points in the last minute for the second game in a row.

Had they been on 37 points they might have been easier to pick off than in a game now where their need for a result is pretty high.

There are obviously two issues. Will the dippers drop a game? And can we win 5 in a row?

In response to the first question I think the odds are more than 50/50 that they will. We saw last night with Sunderland that when a team is fighting for their life anything can happen. Norwich face their Waterloo and its not inconceivable that they could cause an upset. Following that game the dippers face Chelski and then Palace away (as we do). Given the twists and turns of this season anything can still happen.

As to the second question, I note that Pellers was quoted as saying that Silva can play but he can't train. I would go so far as to say that if Merlin can play 4 out of our 5 games (if he doesn't play again West Brom), then the odds tip in our favour.

In my view Silva is that important. If he plays we can do it.

Re: Will we win the Prem (continued)?

standytogilvy said:
Having just watched the Chelsea game, I can see Ramires getting a 3 match ban who would be a key person for the Liverpool tie

Probably,and rightfully so,the dirty twat.

However,they aren't exactly short on midfield options.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.