Will we win the Prem / Title still possible (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Title still possible

Hung said:
It’s not over, but we’re just not good enough. The title has been there for the taking for the last two seasons and we’ve blown it each time. There are too many players in the squad who are either injury prone, overrated or lacking in motivation with a World Cup on the horizon. We don’t deserve it and I can’t say that I have a lot of confidence for next season either. Battering United and winning the League Cup has been enjoyable and given where we’ve come from, demanding more seems greedy. However, much like last year, this campaign has been a big disappointment.

I can take losing the title to Fergie or Chelsea. When Dave was appointed I was confident. Mourinho didn't exactly look like he wanted to be back at Chelsea. Arsenal are bottlers.

But Liverpool. To lose the title to them is disgraceful simply due to the fact we've just watched them win game after game and not show the desire and quality the investment should receive.

13/05/12 said:
Hung said:
It’s not over, but we’re just not good enough. The title has been there for the taking for the last two seasons and we’ve blown it each time. There are too many players in the squad who are either injury prone, overrated or lacking in motivation with a World Cup on the horizon. We don’t deserve it and I can’t say that I have a lot of confidence for next season either. Battering United and winning the League Cup has been enjoyable and given where we’ve come from, demanding more seems greedy. However, much like last year, this campaign has been a big disappointment.

I can take losing the title to Fergie or Chelsea. When Dave was appointed I was confident. Mourinho didn't exactly look like he wanted to be back at Chelsea. Arsenal are bottlers.

But Liverpool. To lose the title to them is disgraceful simply due to the fact we've just watched them win game after game and not show the desire and quality the investment should receive.

It's time for a big clearout this summer. Players like Hart who clearly caused no end of shit last season. We need more winners in our side.

yes, lets sell up lock stock and barrel were just not good enough what being 3 points off the top after games in hand, sack the manager get rid and we can start all over again

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
13/05/12 said:
Hung said:

It's time for a big clearout this summer. Players like Hart who clearly caused no end of shit last season. We need more winners in our side.

Spot on. Liverpool have the perfect balance of skill and flair along with tenacity and determination. They all fight to win the ball back and initiate attacks whereas you look at our lot we have this arrogant demeanor expecting the opposition to misplace a pass or make a mistake themselves rather than force the issue. Sunderland grew in confidence because of this and aren't the first team to do so.

chaddblue said:
"The Boys in Blue Never Give In"

Until its mathematically impossible gotta keep hoping and believing

Yes, but you're talking about the fans - sadly not the players!

Liverpool cold win it next week if they win and we don't win one of west brom and palace games.

If they beat Chelsea, Chelsea can't win the title.

Re: Will we win the Prem (continued)?

bluemc1 said:
if you offered me we win our next 4 they win their next 2 and going into the final game they need to get beat by Newcastle at home and we need to beat West ham i would bite your hand off

If they need to beat Newcastle at home, they will beat them. Newcastle are garbage and have nothing to play for

If they are going to drop the points we need them to drop it has to happen against Chelsea and Palace

13/05/12 said:
13/05/12 said:

Spot on. Liverpool have the perfect balance of skill and flair along with tenacity and determination. They all fight to win the ball back and initiate attacks whereas you look at our lot we have this arrogant demeanor expecting the opposition to misplace a pass or make a mistake themselves rather than force the issue. Sunderland grew in confidence because of this and aren't the first team to do so.
we'll see how far that 'skill and flair and tenacity and determination' take them when theyre in 4 competitions next season

wum

Re: Will we win the Prem (continued)?

chaddblue said:
bluemc1 said:
if you offered me we win our next 4 they win their next 2 and going into the final game they need to get beat by Newcastle at home and we need to beat West ham i would bite your hand off

If they need to beat Newcastle at home, they will beat them. Newcastle are garbage and have nothing to play for

If they are going to drop the points we need them to drop it has to happen against Chelsea and Palace

yes i agree but its my opinion that won't happen and also that we won't win all 4 before the last day, so i guess I'm saying if we can still have a chance of winning it on the last day i would take it, but i don't think we will able to do it by then

Begbie said:
13/05/12 said:

we'll see how far that 'skill and flair and tenacity and determination' take them when theyre in 4 competitions next season

wum

they didnt look full of skill and flair today and the previous two games i have seen them, they looked lucky and relied on ref decisions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.