Will we win the Prem / Title still possible (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Will we win the Prem (continued)?

Stoned Rose said:
skybluepete said:
TFC said:
Its not looking likely, I've said on another thread it just looks like the scouse have captured lightning in a bottle this season and I would be amazed to see them blow it now. No sure why people are so adamant Chelsea can win there next week, wouldnt be surprised to see the dippers dick them but I will live in hope just like I did a couple of years ago.

We have made a rod for our own back this season with some poor performances also injuries and unbelievable individual mistakes have kicked us right in the crotch, playing a huge part.

We need to make sure we wrap up second now (anything else will be an unexpected miracle for me) and the caliber of performance we saw against Sunderland just wont cut the mustard, I can handle losing but I cannot stomach us looking like we just dont give a fuck. Injuries and available personnel aside, we more than have the players to take care of West Brom then look forward and hope Yaya, Silva et al are back.

I do back the manager but had to wonder what the fuck after Sunderland...first time I've questioned him all season, just didnt seem to be able to get the team up for it which doesnt sit well with me, especially with a slim shot at the title at stake. I believe his remit next year will be first and foremost to win the league (after I'm assuming 2 years of second place) and further progression in the CL. If we dont, in will come another new face wanting to spend a fortune and we start all over again.

Its time we gripped this fucking league by the throat and kept hold of it, we have too much going for us to keep being the affable runners up, fuck that.

Very good post and very well put- i agree.

I think in a way us fans, the players , manager , the whole set up need to realize that its not arrogance thinking we can win things every year, its reality, the owner has given the funds which in turn has developed a team more than capable.

I agree with you regards us not grasping the moment aswell, we are blowing too many very good opportunities, when we smell blood we should finish it and im sure this is being noticed by our owners.

Our owners want us at the elite level and we've very nearly arrived but we have a couple more steps yet.

Taking 1 point from 6 against the bottom team leaves us way short of being elite.

That is my point - it shouldn't be happening - whether we like it or not, expectancy levels have risen and rightly so.
That is why i say we are a bit short of elite level, when the pressures on and also when some of theses so called lesser teams are up for it and in our face we have to be more ruthless.
Until we do we will continue to come up short.
Our team lacks urgency on many an occasion as does our bench .

It will be tough after Liverpool won again today. They only need 7 more points to win it mathematically, wins in their two home games and a draw at Palace will see them home.

I hope Pelligrini gets a plan B for next season, he must learn imo that no matter who you are playing in this League if they have a three man midfield you can't play with just two in there. I hope along with every other blue that they cock up at Palace and at home to Chelsea, and we can sneak in on the blind side.

dctid said:
Beermonster said:
good article in the telegtaph by Ogden analysing our season pretty much bang on

Link>

google news now man city

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-city/10777416/Manchester-City-Six-reasons-for-their-collapse.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... lapse.html</a>

nails it for me[/quote]

Cheers...Not sure what happened with my quote there!

Not a bad analysis and hard to disagree with most of it.

Would contest the Pellegrini section and make more of a claim for the fact players have been injured - ie the quote about Richards.

But other than that it sums it up quite well

Re: Title still possible

ifiwasarichfan said:
We are running out of games now for them to slip up. I fancied both West Ham and Norwich to take a point of them and just like any other season I don't fancy going to Goodison.

We are still in with a chance though. Now's the time for Jose to put all that spite and hatred to good use.

Personally alot will depend upon what Chelski get out of their CL semi

I can see Mouriniho throwing the pool game if he thinks he has a chance of a CL final

Title is mathematically possible but the reality is gone

Blue Tooth said:
We may do yet but if we do not the thing that will sit and niggle me will be this.
Not once this season in the league have we been totally outplayed for a full game. Teams have had spells but we have been in with a shout of winning or getting something out of all of them. The one thing that sticks out as having stopped this from happening is our own mistakes. Too many in critical moments that have cost us games. Co-incidence or a direct result of our new expansive and higher risk style? I am starting to think there may be a link. Maybe it can be sorted with new squad members or maybe next season we'll fly out of the traps and run away with the league because everyone knows what they are about.

I grew up watching the back end of the last title winning side in 69...My old man said we should have won more with that side than one title....we didn't. I think we could have had more than one title under our belts already...we don't. Not winning it this year will not make winning it next any easier but I am still enjoying the ride.

You are right mistakes have been incredible this season.

We haven't been outplayed but considering how well we have done in some games, we have also been average to poor in many too.

Stoke - they could have won that one easily. Hardly had a chance.
Hull at home- terrible and could have been. 2/3 down before we scored.
Palace at home (although we had played Liverpool 2 days before so some understanding)
Southampton- dominated (away)
Cardiff - complacent and sloppy goals
Sunderland- sloppy goal and lots of huff and puff but no end result.
Norwich- awful
Sunderland at home - dire
Villa- played well but lost a lead twice and sloppy goals.

Ok we won two of those but that is 9 games in which we took 10 points out of 27 against sides that really should not be taking 18 points off us.

We scored 10 goals in those games which is well below our average.

We haven't really played badly against any of the top sides but seem to take it for granted that we will just walk away from these "lesser" sides with the points without putting in a shift.

This has got to change.

Collapse??
Have I missed something?
We win our two games in hand and we're 3 pts behind liverpool...
And go 2pts in front of chelsea....
We've won the league cup, got to the knockout stages of the champions league and could end up with two cups.
Is drawing with sunderland now recognised as a collapse?
Jesus christ what a fuckin half arsed pile of absolute shite.....
If you want collapse do a piece on those bitter cunts over the road.
Mark odgen you are a twat of the highest order...nobhead.

Quagmire blue said:
argyle said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
I see more chance of a slip today against a motivated Norwich than against Palace.

Sunderland's win yesterday ensured that.

You should stop making predictions. They almost never come right.
He should just predict Liverpool to win every game and City to lose them all then ;)

ehehe & then Tolmie should wager me on the result

(whenever I back something regarding City I usually put the kibosh on it, but when I don't, we do great)

- and if Chelsea can beat Liverpool and we can win our remaining matches, providing we can score more goals to keep our goal difference superior, we'll win the league, will we not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.