Will we win the Prem / Title still possible (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Will we win the Prem (continued)?

skybluepete said:
Stoned Rose said:
skybluepete said:
Very good post and very well put- i agree.

I think in a way us fans, the players , manager , the whole set up need to realize that its not arrogance thinking we can win things every year, its reality, the owner has given the funds which in turn has developed a team more than capable.

I agree with you regards us not grasping the moment aswell, we are blowing too many very good opportunities, when we smell blood we should finish it and im sure this is being noticed by our owners.

Our owners want us at the elite level and we've very nearly arrived but we have a couple more steps yet.

Taking 1 point from 6 against the bottom team leaves us way short of being elite.

That is my point - it shouldn't be happening - whether we like it or not, expectancy levels have risen and rightly so.
That is why i say we are a bit short of elite level, when the pressures on and also when some of theses so called lesser teams are up for it and in our face we have to be more ruthless.
Until we do we will continue to come up short.
Our team lacks urgency on many an occasion as does our bench .

Agreed mate

Re: Title still possible

Saturday morning we needed two results to go our way to have the title back in our hands. Now we only need one result to go our way.

But we need to do the job in our games.

moomba said:
Saturday morning we needed two results to go our way to have the title back in our hands. Now we only need one result to go our way.

That was my point bar the essay ( sorry guys)

dctid said:
Beermonster said:
good article in the telegtaph by Ogden analysing our season pretty much bang on

Link>

google news now man city

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-city/10777416/Manchester-City-Six-reasons-for-their-collapse.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... lapse.html</a>

nails it for me[/quote]Can't argue with any of that.

jimharri said:
dctid said:
Beermonster said:

Link>

google news now man city

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-city/10777416/Manchester-City-Six-reasons-for-their-collapse.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... lapse.html</a>

nails it for me
Can't argue with any of that.[/quote]

Apart from the spending of another 100 million (Fernando & Mangala) . We know it's a drop in the ocean to the Sheik, but FFP comes
into it.

Beanhead said:
moomba said:

The only issue with it is that Chelsea need to beat Liverpool and then hope they slip up again in their last two games. It's such a long shot and unless they are 3-0 up in the first leg of the cup match I can see a virtual reserve side at Liverpool as Mourinho realistically has one chance of a trophy and he isn't going to risk that for a long shot. Chelsea are now as long as 33-1 for the title.

Had we and they not fucked up against Sunderland I could have maybe seen them getting a draw there but not now and a draw is not much good to us really.

Liverpool are now 1/6 with us 5-1. It's a long shot now but I suppose you never know.

Beanhead said:
moomba said:

I think a reasoned essay is far prefereable to an unreasoned rant, and there are far too many of those about right now. PS - my reply too moomba about the goal difference, which you replied too, was meant to be a touch ironic, I was just pointing out that it was highly unlikely they would beat us on GD if we match their points total.

in that Telegraph article the only thing I'd critique is the 'nearly man' tag, which is a bit of a red herring..

football can be a game of fine margins at times, where one team does everything except put the ball in the net, and the other doesn't even get out of their own half - but lobs the opposing keeper from the half-way line, or gets one attack or one penalty & scores.

we've had some shitty breaks so far this season, and were it not for these in a couple of games we'd be looking okay to win the league from this point in..

so sometimes you're just not lucky.

* given that we've had injuries, that our goals have not been coming as thick and fast recently as they were before we lost at home to Chelsea, maybe we've suffered due to collective fatigue, and maybe because of inadequate squad rotation.. but even so, we're up there right now and should Liverpool slip up with a bit of bad luck themselves, it could still be within our own hands to win the bloody thing.

dctid said:
Beermonster said:

Link>

google news now man city

nails it for me[/quote]
Yep very good analysis. I would say in MP's favour the likes of Silva, Hart, Nasri, Toure, Kolorov have improved significantly and without those injuries and early poor form of a Hart we'd have surely won it.

I would though question how we prepare for big games; losing Ferd prior to Chelsea and a bad injury in training for Kompany prior to Liverpool had a huge impact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.