Will we win the Prem / Title still possible (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Will we win the Prem (continued)?

prestonibbo_mcfc said:
jimharri said:
dctid said:

google news now man city

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-city/10777416/Manchester-City-Six-reasons-for-their-collapse.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... lapse.html</a>

nails it for me
Can't argue with any of that.

Apart from the spending of another 100 million (Fernando & Mangala) . We know it's a drop in the ocean to the Sheik, but FFP comes
into it.[/quote]

Realistically we need another centre half and a right back and then we need only to replace players that leave - its not always about spending money - Ferguson proved that last season, Rogers and Martinez are proving that this season and Le Arse spending 45M and Rags a similar amount proves that money guarantees nothing.

Spending money is pointless if you are unable to get the very best out of the players

Re: Title still possible

My preferred scenario would be:

dippers beat chavs and start painting the skies in red,
then draw at palace having 84 points.

City only drop 2 points at godison and have 81 points, but better GD.

Final day, May 11: City need to win, dippers need a point.

dippers lead 1-0. Suarez dives in the box, but hey: NO pen, he is out after 2 yellows! wow.
magpies are conceded 2 pens after bad challenges by Skrtklktrl.

Kun scores the winner +7'.

Close your eyes and see it. Its huge.

We have more chance of winning the title than I have of working out what is the difference between this thread and the "Will we win the Prem" one.

Gutted they managed to hang on again for 3 points. I honestly thought they would slip up today. If the dippers win next week its game over in my eyes, they will be on a major high against Palace and Newcastle which would probably see them through at a canter.

Just hoping Chelsea can sneak something next week preferably a win. The timing of the games work in our favour If they manage to slip up next week. A draw or win for Chelsea will give us renewed hope and hopefully see us through against Palace (On the basis we beat West Brom obviously) then we play Everton on the Sat before there game with Palace and have the chance to put them under extreme pressure . Three wins on the bounce would put us on 80 points and we would be either a point a point behind or on the same points going into the last 2 games. (easily said than done but one sniff and I reckon there would be no stopping us)

Clutching at straws I know BUT surely they are due some bad luck.

prestonibbo_mcfc said:
jimharri said:
dctid said:

google news now man city

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-city/10777416/Manchester-City-Six-reasons-for-their-collapse.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... lapse.html</a>

nails it for me
Can't argue with any of that.

Apart from the spending of another 100 million (Fernando & Mangala) . We know it's a drop in the ocean to the Sheik, but FFP comes
into it.[/quote]

I think the word "collapse" is a bit strong

bluegoal said:
Title has gone :(

Second year in a row we have not challenged to the end and lost the will to fight for the title... All this fight to the end talk only works if the players actually show a bit of fight and courage on the field...

Also what people fail to remember from the title-winning season was before the Rags pulled ahead we were in control of that title and as soon as the pressure was on in the run-in we bottled it. It was only when the pressure was off and we started winning again did we regain control of our destiny. Even then we nearly f**ked up against QPR. For all three seasons we had the best players/squad/team and should have won the title in all of them convincingly, something is missing and I am not quite sure what it is. Maybe it is some king of collective steely determination, maybe there is an undermining complacency, maybe we have come too far too quickly. Whatever it is big money stellar signings won't solve it.

Hoghead said:
Only if Maureen OR Pulis OR Pardew can be arsed winning against pool.

Corrected for you. Ok, that last one's a bit of a stretch, i'll grant you.

Mancity1980 said:
bluegoal said:
Title has gone :(

Second year in a row we have not challenged to the end and lost the will to fight for the title... All this fight to the end talk only works if the players actually show a bit of fight and courage on the field...

Also what people fail to remember from the title-winning season was before the Rags pulled ahead we were in control of that title and as soon as the pressure was on in the run-in we bottled it. It was only when the pressure was off and we started winning again did we regain control of our destiny. Even then we nearly f**ked up against QPR. For all three seasons we had the best players/squad/team and should have won the title in all of them convincingly, something is missing and I am not quite sure what it is. Maybe it is some king of collective steely determination, maybe there is an undermining complacency, maybe we have come too far too quickly. Whatever it is big money stellar signings won't solve it.
So the season we won it, we actually bottled it twice ?

Funny I thought it was decided after all 38 games had been played, or when you can no longer catch the team top.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.