Will we win the Prem / Title still possible (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
goal difference not an issue anymore

win our games and the minimum we will be on is plus 60 thats 6 in front of liverpool, they have to lose the chelsea so would place us 7 in front, so they would have to beat palace and newcastle by 8 goals to win it on goal average, so it looks like this is in our hands at least

Re: goal difference not an issue anymore

this all assumes that they lose to chelsea and we win the rest

cos we'll breeze past everton and palace lol

marco said:
win our games and the minimum we will be on is plus 60 thats 6 in front of liverpool, they have to lose the chelsea so would place us 7 in front, so they would have to beat palace and newcastle by 8 goals to win it on goal average, so it looks like this is in our hands at least

I can see Liverpool scoring as many goals as they want, especially agaisnt Newcastle. But you have put it in persepctive for me, so thank you.

marco said:

Just how do we get CFC to beat the Dippers.

marco said:
Would losing to Chelsea not put them on +51, meaning they needed to win by a 9 goal margin across 2 games if we won all our remaining games by a 1 goal margin? Not that I think it will come down to goal difference this year.

Re: Will we win the Prem?

Rammyblues said:
All down to these games IMO. Obviously any game can pull a surprise but

Liverpool, H to us, Home to Chelsea, A at Palace (given current form)

City A liverpool, A Palace (as above) and A at Everton, will Everton want to beat us and let Liverpool win league (tough one for the fans, all depends on their involvement in 4th place and on that score want Arsenal to beat them).

Chelsea the only two I can see from their remaining fixtures is A at Liverpool, and A swansea the rest seem shoe ins, but with their involvement in CL you never know.

Not going to do the maths and far too many ifs and buts but this will go IMO to the last game of the season and might even involve GD.

We have to take it to the last day. Just in case the red scouse bottle it.

dobobobo said:
marco said:

I can see Liverpool scoring as many goals as they want, especially agaisnt Newcastle. But you have put it in persepctive for me, so thank you.
If the end of season games are anything like last season they will be very tight. Newcastle are regarded as a push over, but so were QPR. Newcastle and Liverpool have had some big games in the past, and they've got a big result in them

4 games left for City. We win them, I think we have a very good chance of winning the title. Liverpool will be a under a lot of pressure now when they play Chelsea. I think they are going to crack at home. It could be anywhere or in all 3 games. If they slip up in one, all momentum will be lost, and they will probably slip up again.

It just got a lot more difficult for them

Marvin said:
dobobobo said:
marco said:

If the end of season games are anything like last season they will be very tight. Newcastle are regarded as a push over, but so were QPR. Newcastle and Liverpool have had some big games in the past, and they've got a big result in them

4 games left for City. We win them, I think we have a very good chance of winning the title. Liverpool will be a under a lot of pressure now when they play Chelsea. I think they are going to crack at home. It could be anywhere or in all 3 games. If they slip up in one, all momentum will be lost, and they will probably slip up again.

i think pool will lose to chelsea and draw with palace and beat newcastle 84pts
us-win all but draw with everton 84pts
chelsea win all 84pts

marco said:
Marvin said:
dobobobo said:

chelsea win all 84pts

That would be brilliant for the premier league.

It would be even better if we win it by any means

marco said:
Marvin said:
dobobobo said:

chelsea win all 84pts

Would definitely take that as the final standings. Alas, I think our title hope went off on a stretcher earlier this evening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.