Will we win the Prem / Title still possible (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Would be an interesting thread to read if we had played our games in hand and the gap was actually only three points?

Of course it is still on.

The last thing I want to see in these remaining games is City not making Liverpool earn every point.

Not so sure Chelsea can win at Liverpool but not beyond the realms they can get a draw and same goes for Palace.

If we win tonight, then next weekend is key. Chelsea get anything at Klanfield and we manage to turnover Palace then the pressure will be huge on Liverpool.

It could however go the other way, Liverpool blow away Chelsea and the pressure is on us!

cookster said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Would be an interesting thread to read if we had played our games in hand and the gap was actually only three points?

The last thing I want to see in these remaining games is City not making Liverpool earn every point.

Not so sure Chelsea can win at Liverpool but not beyond the realms they can get a draw and same goes for Palace.

If we win tonight, then next weekend is key. Chelsea get anything at Klanfield and we manage to turnover Palace then the pressure will be huge on Liverpool.

It could however go the other way, Liverpool blow away Chelsea and the pressure is on us!

Huge game tonight.

I suspect Everton will be our 'all out' last throw of the dice.

I've seen so many times what pressure can do to the best of teams on the final day.

Liverpool v Arsenal

West Ham v United

Liverpool v Blackburn

City v QPR.

cookster said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

I always thought we needed to win two of our tough 4 aways. So far we have won only the easiest against United. But were we to fulfil that criteria by beating Everton then the other criteria was Liverpool not beating both us and Chelsea.

The other unseen problem was dropping points against Sunderland.

We are basically running out of games for Liverpool to fuck up. Still if they lose to Chelsea and then Palace and thus end on 83 points........

tolmie's hairdoo said:

Here you singing in the wire Tolmie but that's the big ask.

I am very confident if we win our last 5 games we will win the title but I still know we will drop points.

Liverpool will drop points in their last three games at least 3.

I said Chelsea will as well and they have duly obliged as have we unfortunately.

We just don't have that bit between the teeth that we had in two seasons ago when Utd opened the door.

Missing Yaya and Silva at this crucial stage doesn't help either and we are running on empty.

Tonight is pivitol , as important a game as we had in a long time , I cannot underestimate what a statement a convincing win will make.

If ever the players wanted to stamp some authority on their time here its tonight.

We certainly can win the league, but it's a pretty long shot at this stage.

We need Liverpool to pick up a maximum of 6 points from their remaining 3 games, hopefully this will be achieved by them losing to Chelsea next weekend, but given they've won 11 straight games, and Chelsea can't climb above Liverpool by beating them anymore, this isn't exactly the odds on result. A draw against Chelsea, then another against Crystal Palace (a side on fire at the moment) would also suffice, but Palace are safe from relegation now so you have to wonder whether their intensity will drop. The final game Liverpool have is a home match against Newcastle, God help us if we need them to drop points in that one as there's simply no way that happens!

Even if Liverpool do slip up and drop 3 points we'd still need to win all 5 of our games, including tough trips to Crystal Palace and Everton. We CAN do that, but again, it's hardly the odds on favourite scenario to happen.

The Liverpool result hurt us, but the Sunderland one has really screwed us. I can see Chelsea getting a point at Anfield, and that would have been enough if we'd beaten Sunderland. Those 2 dropped points midweek have allowed Liverpool the luxury of not needing to win the Chelsea match, and that's why I think the title is destined for Merseyside.

Matty said:
We certainly can win the league, but it's a pretty long shot at this stage.

We need Liverpool to pick up a maximum of 6 points from their remaining 3 games, hopefully this will be achieved by them losing to Chelsea next weekend, but given they've won 11 straight games, and Chelsea can't climb above Liverpool by beating them anymore, this isn't exactly the odds on result. A draw against Chelsea, then another against Crystal Palace (a side on fire at the moment) would also suffice, but Palace are safe from relegation now so you have to wonder whether their intensity will drop. The final game Liverpool have is a home match against Newcastle, God help us if we need them to drop points in that one as there's simply no way that happens!

Even if Liverpool do slip up and drop 3 points we'd still need to win all 5 of our games, including tough trips to Crystal Palace and Everton. We CAN do that, but again, it's hardly the odds on favourite scenario to happen.

The Liverpool result hurt us, but the Sunderland one has really screwed us. I can see Chelsea getting a point at Anfield, and that would have been enough if we'd beaten Sunderland. Those 2 dropped points midweek have allowed Liverpool the luxury of not needing to win the Chelsea match, and that's why I think the title is destined for Merseyside.

I think the Liverpool and Chelsea game will end up in a victory for either team.

We just have to look after what we can control starting tonight.

mancity1 said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

Here you singing in the wire Tolmie but that's the big ask.

I am very confident if we win our last 5 games we will win the title but I still know we will drop points.

Liverpool will drop points in their last three games at least 3.

I said Chelsea will as well and they have duly obliged as have we unfortunately.

We just don't have that bit between the teeth that we had in two seasons ago when Utd opened the door.

Missing Yaya and Silva at this crucial stage doesn't help either and we are running on empty.

Tonight is pivitol , as important a game as we had in a long time , I cannot underestimate what a statement a convincing win will make.

If ever the players wanted to stamp some authority on their time here its tonight.

I hear what you're saying, but that door has yet to be opened.

That bit between our teeth was provided by an opponent, when we were at our lowest ebb.

Liverpool have won 11 on the bounce, and there would be too much revisionism to tear apart our own deficiencies, should Liverpool win their remaining three games, in my humble opinion.

Something we could do nothing about, apart from saying we have lost the title to a side that perhaps went on to win 14 ON THE BOUNCE.

You can play, you can impress, you can disappoint, but no team can legislate for sequences such as that.

We have been top of the Premier League table for just eight days over the course of the last ten months. As other have stated, those defeats at the start of the season saw us playing catch up and afforded us no breathing space.

We won't be far off stats that we got for winning the title, or others won by other teams in years gone by.

I still retain belief, until the very end.

we just win our games thats the main thing, liverpool have two chucks of the dice chelsea and palace lose one and were on, the odds of us winning it are better than they were at 1-2 down to qpr in 2012

marco said:
we just win our games thats the main thing, liverpool have two chucks of the dice chelsea and palace lose one and were on, the odds of us winning it are better than they were at 1-2 down to qpr in 2012
At least in the QPR scenario our fate was entirely down to us though. We could win all 5 games 10-0 and it still might only get us 2nd place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.