Will we win the Prem / Title still possible (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
well id rather city still have a chance,albeit a small chance than have no chance at all,if this goes to the wire on the final day then anything is possible,one game at a time lads,leave liverpool to there own devices,concentrate on city

blueparrot said:
I don't know why but I just have a feeling Liverpool will only get 1 point from the next 2 games.
If we do win it we won't go top until after the Villa game does any body know the record for winning the league with the least number of days over the season spent at the top? We must be close to it as I can't remember being top for more than a few days this season.

Heart over head maybe. There were a number of "you heard it here first" posts last week that Liverpool would drop points at Norwich guaranteed.

supercity88 said:
Marvin said:
Chelsea home sounds difficult but I'm not sure what condition Chelsea will arrive in

They have to play Athletico and also they have just lost a game for the first time at home in years. Perfect time to play them, but nevertheless still a difficult fixture. It doesn't come down to the Chelsea game though. They could draw at palace. That wont be easy either

I thought the way City played the 1st half against WBA was very encouraging.

It wasn't over after the Sunderland draw, but if felt like it. Now belief is returning. And slip ups from Liverpool and we will be there and they know that

I think Chelsea will be desperate to end Liverpool's winning run. Mourinho will thrive on the pressure at Anfield and so will his team. He has just lost one record with Chelsea - losing to Sunderland but their mentality will be to go and frustrate Liverpool - force them into a physical battle and pick them on the counter and from set pieces. If I was Mourinho, I would be stood next to the 4th official screaming for a foul everytime Skrtel grabbed a Chelsea shirt and wouldn't stop until he was penalised. Liverpool have been riding their luck. Don't look too much into their Champions League exploits, they have a big enough squad to change things and still play well. Torres fresh from a return to Atletico may just decide to turn things up a notch at Anfield... or they may play with no recognised striker and push Schurrle further forward and just play for a point and hope for the best as with their game at the swamp. They will create chances though. And Palace will be looking forward to counter attacking Liverpool - their defence is susceptible to the counter and Palace will be tough to break down. Can only hope - and try to win our games.

Mouriniho will be analytical about it - if they get a good result tonight then he wont give a fuck about the title - he already thinks it gone anyway with his post match comments and a possible final against RM to get one over on them - his ego would not be able to resist it

Draw or Win for Pool at the weekend

dctid said:
supercity88 said:
Marvin said:
Chelsea home sounds difficult but I'm not sure what condition Chelsea will arrive in

They have to play Athletico and also they have just lost a game for the first time at home in years. Perfect time to play them, but nevertheless still a difficult fixture. It doesn't come down to the Chelsea game though. They could draw at palace. That wont be easy either

I thought the way City played the 1st half against WBA was very encouraging.

It wasn't over after the Sunderland draw, but if felt like it. Now belief is returning. And slip ups from Liverpool and we will be there and they know that

I think Chelsea will be desperate to end Liverpool's winning run. Mourinho will thrive on the pressure at Anfield and so will his team. He has just lost one record with Chelsea - losing to Sunderland but their mentality will be to go and frustrate Liverpool - force them into a physical battle and pick them on the counter and from set pieces. If I was Mourinho, I would be stood next to the 4th official screaming for a foul everytime Skrtel grabbed a Chelsea shirt and wouldn't stop until he was penalised. Liverpool have been riding their luck. Don't look too much into their Champions League exploits, they have a big enough squad to change things and still play well. Torres fresh from a return to Atletico may just decide to turn things up a notch at Anfield... or they may play with no recognised striker and push Schurrle further forward and just play for a point and hope for the best as with their game at the swamp. They will create chances though. And Palace will be looking forward to counter attacking Liverpool - their defence is susceptible to the counter and Palace will be tough to break down. Can only hope - and try to win our games.

Mouriniho will be analytical about it - if they get a good result tonight then he wont give a fuck about the title - he already thinks it gone anyway with his post match comments and a possible final against RM to get one over on them - his ego would not be able to resist it

Draw or Win for Pool at the weekend

The problem most for Liverpool's opponents is that their defence is not good enough to withstand the opening 30 minute Liverpool frenzy without conceding. And once they are behind, they have to chase the game and inevitably end up losing.

I do not see it panning out like that on Sunday - Chelsea's defence is much better than anything Liverpool have faced in the past 11 games. If Chelsea can keep it at 0-0 until say half time, they have every chance of winning it. Liverpool might not be totally desperate by then, since a draw would do them. But they are WILDLY overconfident and will very likely overcommit and expose themselves to being caught on the break.

I was going to say i'd say its 50-50 who will win, but the more i think about it, i think Chelsea will shade it.

My bigger concern is us winning all our games. But should Liverpool lose as i think they might, it will be like 2012 all over again... We would be in pole position knowing we are champions if we win the remaining games. I could see us doing it again. There is hope!

Blue Theatre said:
We really need Chelsea to do us a massive favour this weekend ...

... so maybe the best thing for us is that Chelsea lose 0-4 to Atletico, give-up on the Champions League, and decide instead to have one last really good go at the title ... if so, they will know that realistically they have to go all out to win at Anfield.

Cant see a demoralised team winning at anfield

I really enjoyed that song City played last night . Its not over not over not over yet but I still believe .

Cech now down. If we go into the last game of the season still in the race I'd worry with the luck they're getting our team bus will be involved in a fatal collision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.