Will we win the Prem / Title still possible (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think Silva's injury will play a huge role in the remainder of our games.

Let's all pray his injury isn't serious.

I think when we're relying on newcastle to beat liverpool at anfield then it's as good as over. I said it was over after our draw vs sunderland but chelsea's loss to them straight away has given me hope. I'm certain liveprool will drop points but not sure if they'll drop enough. My concern at the moment is that we're not playing well enough and palace will put us out of it this weekend. If we win there then we'll still have a chance IMO regardless of the liverpool/chelsea result as palace can cause liverpool problems just as they can with us

Let's JFDI.
A lot of their fans are shitting themselves. Just go over to RAWK if you don't believe me.
Everybody's telling them they've already won it , it's in the bag and that's the worst position to be in because mentally they've nothing to gain and everything to lose.
Anything can happen in football. Remember 1989 last game of the season , old division 1 decider, last game of the season, the Arse go the Dippers and have to win by two goals otherwise Dippers win it. Guess what Arse score the second in the last minute. A lot of Dipper fans still remember that.
It's all in the mind at this stage of the season.
Keep the faith.

The Fat el Hombre said:
I think when we're relying on newcastle to beat liverpool at anfield then it's as good as over. I said it was over after our draw vs sunderland but chelsea's loss to them straight away has given me hope. I'm certain liveprool will drop points but not sure if they'll drop enough. My concern at the moment is that we're not playing well enough and palace will put us out of it this weekend. If we win there then we'll still have a chance IMO regardless of the liverpool/chelsea result as palace can cause liverpool problems just as they can with us

For that last bit to happen we have to win our next two games to put pressure on Liverpool. If they are going into that palace game knowing a defeat or even draw would not be good enough for them, the pressure will be intense.

I can see this being the problem though. Without Silva I cant see us beating both palace and Everton away and I fear that Liverpool will be playing palace to win the league. Completely different kettle of fish.

As much as i would rather see you boys win the title than Liverpool anyone relying on us to get anything from Anfield or even perform with a semblance of pride or passion is kidding themselves. We wont win another point this season and i am not even confident we will keep the score line in single figures.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
The Fat el Hombre said:

For that last bit to happen we have to win our next two games to put pressure on Liverpool. If they are going into that palace game knowing a defeat or even draw would not be good enough for them, the pressure will be intense.

I can see this being the problem though. Without Silva I cant see us beating both palace and Everton away and I fear that Liverpool will be playing palace to win the league. Completely different kettle of fish.

Yea, Yaya might be back tho and Aguero might be up to scratch. We're well capable of winning all our games with the tools at our disposal, but we don't really look it right now

I will generally be happy with Runner up and Capital cup.

But honestly the treble was very possible, we gave it away and some players did not show the desire and the little bit more effort that was needed.

We could have been parading three domestic trophies it was there for the taking.

We really need Chelsea to do us a massive favour this weekend ...

... so maybe the best thing for us is that Chelsea lose 0-4 to Atletico, give-up on the Champions League, and decide instead to have one last really good go at the title ... if so, they will know that realistically they have to go all out to win at Anfield.

After last night I think we might just do it. Gonna be another nail biting finish but I think its most definetly on and if we do I'm gonna sit back smoke a ceeeeegar and listen to the media telling us all how the best team Liverpool never won it.

Blue2112 said:
After last night I think we might just do it. Gonna be another nail biting finish but I think its most definetly on and if we do I'm gonna sit back smoke a ceeeeegar and listen to the media telling us all how the best team Liverpool never won it.

If we do squeak home then the anguished howls from the media pack will be sweet, sweet music...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.