Will we win the Prem / Title still possible (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blue Theatre said:
We really need Chelsea to do us a massive favour this weekend ...

... so maybe the best thing for us is that Chelsea lose 0-4 to Atletico, give-up on the Champions League, and decide instead to have one last really good go at the title ... if so, they will know that realistically they have to go all out to win at Anfield.

it's time for Torres.

I don't know why but I just have a feeling Liverpool will only get 1 point from the next 2 games.
If we do win it we won't go top until after the Villa game does any body know the record for winning the league with the least number of days over the season spent at the top? We must be close to it as I can't remember being top for more than a few days this season.

blueparrot said:
I don't know why but I just have a feeling Liverpool will only get 1 point from the next 2 games.
If we do win it we won't go top until after the Villa game does any body know the record for winning the league with the least number of days over the season spent at the top? We must be close to it as I can't remember being top for more than a few days this season.
67/68 I'd say.

Chelsea home sounds difficult but I'm not sure what condition Chelsea will arrive in

They have to play Athletico and also they have just lost a game for the first time at home in years. Perfect time to play them, but nevertheless still a difficult fixture. It doesn't come down to the Chelsea game though. They could draw at palace. That wont be easy either

I thought the way City played the 1st half against WBA was very encouraging.

It wasn't over after the Sunderland draw, but if felt like it. Now belief is returning. And slip ups from Liverpool and we will be there and they know that

Marvin said:
Chelsea home sounds difficult but I'm not sure what condition Chelsea will arrive in

They have to play Athletico and also they have just lost a game for the first time at home in years. Perfect time to play them, but nevertheless still a difficult fixture. It doesn't come down to the Chelsea game though. They could draw at palace. That wont be easy either

It wasn't over after the Sunderland draw, but if felt like it. Now belief is returning. And slip ups from Liverpool and we will be there and they know that

I think Chelsea will be desperate to end Liverpool's winning run. Mourinho will thrive on the pressure at Anfield and so will his team. He has just lost one record with Chelsea - losing to Sunderland but their mentality will be to go and frustrate Liverpool - force them into a physical battle and pick them on the counter and from set pieces. If I was Mourinho, I would be stood next to the 4th official screaming for a foul everytime Skrtel grabbed a Chelsea shirt and wouldn't stop until he was penalised. Liverpool have been riding their luck. Don't look too much into their Champions League exploits, they have a big enough squad to change things and still play well. Torres fresh from a return to Atletico may just decide to turn things up a notch at Anfield... or they may play with no recognised striker and push Schurrle further forward and just play for a point and hope for the best as with their game at the swamp. They will create chances though. And Palace will be looking forward to counter attacking Liverpool - their defence is susceptible to the counter and Palace will be tough to break down. Can only hope - and try to win our games.

supercity88 said:
Marvin said:

I think Chelsea will be desperate to end Liverpool's winning run. Mourinho will thrive on the pressure at Anfield and so will his team. He has just lost one record with Chelsea - losing to Sunderland but their mentality will be to go and frustrate Liverpool - force them into a physical battle and pick them on the counter and from set pieces. If I was Mourinho, I would be stood next to the 4th official screaming for a foul everytime Skrtel grabbed a Chelsea shirt and wouldn't stop until he was penalised. Liverpool have been riding their luck. Don't look too much into their Champions League exploits, they have a big enough squad to change things and still play well. Torres fresh from a return to Atletico may just decide to turn things up a notch at Anfield... or they may play with no recognised striker and push Schurrle further forward and just play for a point and hope for the best as with their game at the swamp. They will create chances though. And Palace will be looking forward to counter attacking Liverpool - their defence is susceptible to the counter and Palace will be tough to break down. Can only hope - and try to win our games.

Hopefully Hazard gets 20 mins against Atletico and Maureen plays him against Pool for at least 60 against the bin Dippers. Maureen has already been sending out messages to the referees over the past week. Hopefully Chelsea get some preferential treatment and beat Pool.

brotherblue said:
I will generally be happy with Runner up and Capital cup.

But honestly the treble was very possible, we gave it away and some players did not show the desire and the little bit more effort that was needed.

We could have been parading three domestic trophies it was there for the taking.

Some might say should, not could. Losing to Wigan again was beyond ridiculous. And some of the dropped points this season - especially last week - are unforgiveable if a team seriously wants to win the league.

Chippy_boy said:
brotherblue said:
I will generally be happy with Runner up and Capital cup.

But honestly the treble was very possible, we gave it away and some players did not show the desire and the little bit more effort that was needed.

We could have been parading three domestic trophies it was there for the taking.

Some might say should, not could. Losing to Wigan again was beyond ridiculous. And some of the dropped points this season - especially last week - are unforgiveable if a team seriously wants to win the league.

It was there for the taking......until Liverpool went on a totally unpredictable 11 game winning streak that included large slices of good fortune and a good number of penalties. I think City have actually done OK this season and but for that streak, we would be sitting deservedly in pole position - you cannot legislate for things like that and we just have to take it as one of the freak occurrences that makes football so great. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I don't have to listen to Brendan ('Brent') Rogers philosophising all summer - he's going to be more insufferable than Fergie!

Losing to Wigan was ridiculous but it confirmed that we simply do not have the depth of squad people think we have to stand in for Silva-Toure-Aguero: Its a lottery when any one of those players is unavailable. Pellegrini did try to rotate for the FA Cup for both Watford and Wigan but it didn't work and for me he went about it the wrong way anyhow.

The one other thing that is truly unprecedented in my experience is the extent to which the Liverpool fans have been tempting fate as loudly and clearly as they can - after Aguero 93:20 we know that anything is possible: so it isn't going to be over until it is over!

i hope we get the mourinho we had to put up with in the build up, he could really get under their skin, create some self doubt etc as at the moment they don't have to question themselves

some soundbites about pressure, weight of the shirt, so many years without winning it would do nicely

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.