Will we win the Prem / Title still possible (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
aguerooooo said:
having got brilliantly back in it at Anfield , to then through it away was criminal, as was the pathetic attempt to beat Sunderland last week , we bottled it and based on those performances I cannot see us winning either of the away games I might upset a few by being negative but I think we have tossed it I of course would love to be wrong
It was poor against Sunderland, but that's the mental impact of defeat in a big game

City signalled they were back yesterday. The 1st half performance was the City we know. 2nd might have been boring, but the job was done.

I don't mind you holding that opinion. I felt that way in the aftermath of the Sunderland defeat. But strange things happen in these final games as we're seeing already, and one game can change a teams momentum

Marvin said:
Gaylord du Bois said:
mancunial said:
Mourinio wants the title no doubt about that, he's knows one slip up in next weeks semi then he's won nothing,
He's also savvy enough to realise 84pts won't win the league. Nah, for me all his eggs will go into the Champions League basket.
If Chelsea beat Liverpool they are back in it, and yes 84 points could then give them the title

They are obviously going to be below their best when Liverpool play them, and it's another piece of luck for Liverpool. ButI think it will still be a difficult fixture for Liverpool

The problem Chelsea have is that at some point they will have to have a go at Liverpool as a point isn't good enough for them. But Liverpool have the same problem. It could be a game of chicken as by default they are both counter-attacking teams.
Liverpool W1 D1 L1 and they still beat Chelsea.
It would be perfect for us but no good for Chelsea.

marco said:
Marvin said:
Gaylord du Bois said:
He's also savvy enough to realise 84pts won't win the league. Nah, for me all his eggs will go into the Champions League basket.
If Chelsea beat Liverpool they are back in it, and yes 84 points could then give them the title

They are obviously going to be below their best when Liverpool play them, and it's another piece of luck for Liverpool. ButI think it will still be a difficult fixture for Liverpool

The problem Chelsea have is that at some point they will have to have a go at Liverpool as a point isn't good enough for them. But Liverpool have the same problem. It could be a game of chicken as by default they are both counter-attacking teams.

ive not checked but i think chelsea need to beat them and they will then need them to draw another that will give them 84 and pool 84 but liverpools goals are a lot better, plus then we are sneaking in the backdoor, not looking good for chelsea but not imposible

Jose will have a go, it's never say die.

They will be well aware that beating Liverpool could give them the shits and it wouldn't be a surprise for them to then go and lose at Palace.

All sorts of strange results can happen when so close to the finishing line.

We're fucked, I feared Atkinson reffing our game against the Dippers the other week and I've just found out he's the ref at Anfield on Sunday against Chelsea.

Those that watched the Scouse derby earlier on in the season will know exactly where I'm coming from, I've never seen a more one-sided reffing display before in my life.

Roll on next season...........

Matic, Lampard and Mikel must be certainties to play on Sunday. Ivanovic might play to get him back up to speed and Hazard might get a run out at some point to give him some game time. Ashley Cole I can see playing and the Spaniard left back rested for the 2nd Leg. Pray to god Terry recovers, they looked very solid tonight and will take some breaking down. I just hope they can have more of a goal threat

Pezzer2 said:
Matic, Lampard and Mikel must be certainties to play on Sunday. Ivanovic might play to get him back up to speed and Hazard might get a run out at some point to give him some game time. Ashley Cole I can see playing and the Spaniard left back rested for the 2nd Leg. Pray to god Terry recovers, they looked very solid tonight and will take some breaking down. I just hope they can have more of a goal threat

Whatever side they put out will be strong, Eto'o will be back as well. They've not exactly used up much energy playing tonight, they barely moved from the edge of their box.

Gaylord du Bois said:
Marvin said:
Gaylord du Bois said:

I know that, but if Chelsea beat Liverpool that's the L1 taken care of. If Liverpool lose against Chelsea, they will be traumatised. if they draw they will be traumatised.

Marvin said:
Gaylord du Bois said:
Marvin said:

I know that, but if Chelsea beat Liverpool that's the L1 taken care of. If Liverpool lose against Chelsea, they will be traumatised. if they draw they will be traumatised.
Marvin, I'm not happy about calling my newly found pessimism into question. :-)

Daniel Taylor ‏@DTguardian
Jose Mourinho going with a bang. Angry with scheduling of #LFC v #CFC match on Sunday and his preference will be to play B-team at Anfield

Sigh. Not sure if Maureen mind games or what, but it'd fit the trend of everything going Liverpool's way this season.

Liverpool will shit themselves. Suarez is a ticking time bomb. Skrtl is a penalty waiting to happen. Sakkho is a professional footballer by chance and athleticism. Mignolet is iffy. Flanagan is a kid. Henderson is suspended. The 33 points on the trot is a freak of nature.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.