Will we win the Prem / Title still possible (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chelsea have won every game they have played on a Sunday since April last year. In all competitions. Includes beating Liverpool, Everton, Rags and ourselves. Let that continue.

Liverpool have played one game on a Monday night this season where they drew away at Swansea. Let them draw the next one they play on a Monday at Palace. They will get 4pts from their next 3games and finish on 84pts. Chelsea will win their next 3games and get 84pts. City will win their next 4 games, winning the league on 86pts.

supercity88 said:
Chelsea have won every game they have played on a Sunday since April last year. In all competitions. Includes beating Liverpool, Everton, Rags and ourselves. Let that continue.

Liverpool have played one game on a Monday night this season where they drew away at Swansea. Let them draw the next one they play on a Monday at Palace. They will get 4pts from their next 3games and finish on 84pts. Chelsea will win their next 3games and get 84pts. City will win their next 4 games, winning the league on 86pts.
I like it im now convinced :-)

supercity88 said:

We could even afford to draw one of the games in that scenario and still likely win it on GD. I think Liverpool will get at least 85 points though, meaning we need 4 wins out of 4.

Quagmire blue said:
supercity88 said:

We could even afford to draw one of the games in that scenario and still likely win it on GD. I think Liverpool will get at least 85 points though, meaning we need 4 wins out of 4.

I must add that I just looked on BBC Sport and it only went back to April so where I say "since April last year" it is because I couldn't see further back! I think the power switches back to us should the dippers lose or draw with Chelsea. Beat Palace and the gap becomes 3/4pts. Beat Everton and we are level/1pt behind and as I said give them all of Saturday night, Sunday and Monday to think about the implications of not beating Palace. Force the pressure onto them by winning, not by the implications of something. Make them have to win. They will bottle it and drop more points and we may well have a situation where we are able to draw at home to West Ham and win the league. Got to believe their luck will turn. They've scraped through the last three and now they have to scrape through three more. If they slip up on Sunday then we can go and set a marker down whereby they know they simply cannot slip up again - and a day or two waiting for that game at Selhurst will really pile the pressure on. Still a lot for us to do, but I feel like we will beat Palace 2-0 and can go and beat Everton as we did at home.

Just checked and April 21st 2013 was the last Sunday game Chelsea played and failed to win. It was a 2-2 draw at Anfield... would take that - puts them on 81pts and if we do our job then we will be on 80pts before they go to Selhurst. Makes them have to win!

We dont deserve it.
Would love us to win it but we are inconsistent and lack the right mental strength.
The manager is not flexible enough and his tactics are one dimensional.
Every game is different but he is a one trick pony.
Holistic or not, he has underachieved and we are not as good as we think.
If we won it, whilst delighted it would paper over cracks.
Major changes to this squad needed im afraid

KennyG said:
We dont deserve it.
Would love us to win it but we are inconsistent and lack the right mental strength.
The manager is not flexible enough and his tactics are one dimensional.
Every game is different but he is a one trick pony.
Holistic or not, he has underachieved and we are not as good as we think.
If we won it, whilst delighted it would paper over cracks.
Major changes to this squad needed im afraid

If Skrtel's handball had been seen at Anfield, then you'd be reading the exact same words on a Liverpool forum.

Where Pool is better than us is the away record. Those early awful results were really bad, Cardiff, Villa, Stoke, Sunderland 1 point in 4 games.
Then in second half of the season Norwich away, Arsenal away, Pool away 2 points in 3 games, where we needed a big reaction after Chelsea loss and played a boring draw at Norwich, then faced arsenal when they were in bad form also missing their top players and 1-0 up and an awful second half costing us 2 points, than Liverpool we give them a 2-0 lead, then fight back and throw it away.

Not even going into details how we lost to Villa, Cardiff, or how poorly we tested Begovic in the Stoke game, actually maybe Walters had the best chance of the game with a close header to make Stoke winners it ended 0-0.

Now we have a 8-4-5 away record, last season (what was a poor one) it was 9-6-4.If we dont beat Palace/Everton both it will be worse than last year...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.