Will we win the Prem / Title still possible (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Will we win the Prem (continued)?

With both teams capable of starting quickly , there could well be some tit for tat scoring early on if it's an open game, however if City remain focused, the occasion may well get to Liverpool, especially if they start believing their own press.
Hillsborough, being top, media love-in, playing the the team that could stand in their way etc.... That's a lot of pressure, no matter how much the manager takes off them, it will be there, and with some young players in nosebleed territory at the top, it might go pear shaped, and I cite our capitulation that culminated in the sorry performance at Arsenal.
Now, with City virtually being ignored, the press and public will rising begin Liverpool, we have another City v QPR almost, where this time we are the whipping boys, who must turn up, and bow down to "History" and applaud Liverpool's return to the hallowed annuls of the "sky 4"

lasereyes said:
paulchapo said:
They will go all out to blow us away in the first 20 minutes like they did to Arsenal,with the Kop roaring them on.If we don't conceed in the first 20 minutes i reckon doubt will creep in and we will start to pick them off on the counter.Holding our nerve and quieting the crowd down early doors will be the key.

Yup, with you on that. Although, remember, we scored just before the break against United that day, so we need to keep our concentration for 94 minutes or however long it is. One lapse and they can punish us.

Against conventional wisdom, I feel this could be a tight game without too many goals. Games with this build-up often are.

Think it will be a crazy game that the neutral will love but both sets of fans will hate.

Hopefully CFC are at home in the 1st leg of the CL semi-final

lasereyes said:
paulchapo said:
They will go all out to blow us away in the first 20 minutes like they did to Arsenal,with the Kop roaring them on.If we don't conceed in the first 20 minutes i reckon doubt will creep in and we will start to pick them off on the counter.Holding our nerve and quieting the crowd down early doors will be the key.

Yup, with you on that. Although, remember, we scored just before the break against United that day, so we need to keep our concentration for 94 minutes or however long it is. One lapse and they can punish us.

Against conventional wisdom, I feel this could be a tight game without too many goals. Games with this build-up often are.

We need to keep the ball early on, stop them from gaining any momentum, just as we did at Spurs and United. Take the wind out of their sails.

What worries me with you guys is your tendency to play down to your opponent's game. You could have definitely beaten us and Barcelona at the Etihad, but some of your players like Toure didn't seem up for it. Granted, you were missing Aguero. Most chelsea fans are rooting for man city. Scouser fans are utterly intolerable.

ramires2029 said:
What worries me with you guys is your tendency to play down to your opponent's game. You could have definitely beaten us and Barcelona at the Etihad, but some of your players like Toure didn't seem up for it. Granted, you were missing Aguero. Most chelsea fans are rooting for man city. Scouser fans are utterly intolerable.

And they think we are being unfair on them ! It can't be a coincidence that Other clubs fans think they are arseholes too can it ?

ramires2029 said:
Correct about the Scousers and correct about some of our players. It was the same against Arsenal the other week for us, some of our so called "superstars" were invisible.

I think we lack a belief within our squad at times. You lot at home and Barça at home, as you said, were two games we showed no belief that we were going to win. We didn't impose ourselves on either team as the home team. And how are we going to win when that happens, or doesn't happen?

We are better when we're the underdog. Against you and Barça, and Bayern for that matter, all at home, we were expected to go out and show how good we were. We were supposed to go and impose ourselves on those teams and we didn't and we lost all three without hardly a sniff of a goal or even more than half a dozen real chances spread over the three games.

Then you came in the FA Cup and you'd beaten us well just a few days before and as the underdog with something to prove we went and spanked you. It was the same against Barça away, with no expectations on us to go and win we played quite well...and Bayern away, they'd hammered us at ours, nothing was expected of us yet we went there and won (although they did give up at 2-0).

But we haven't come to terms with being a top club/side yet for me. We are still thriving when we're the plucky underdog and not when we're expected to go out and show what we're supposed to be as the favourites.

It has been the same over Ferguson's United sides over the last few years (this season doesn't count because the Rags are fucking shit!). FAC semi, underdogs, we won; first Prem game following that, United were going to 'get us back', we were underdogs, we won 1-6; then when we played them at our place in the FA Cup, we were favourites, and we went 0-3 down in the first half, then when all seemed lost we went down to ten men and we became the underdogs in the game again, we brought it back to 2-3 with a great second half performance; the game United came to our place top of the league, we suffocated them and won 1-0 which set us up for that title...that we nearly blew when we were expected to win against QPR, coming back from behind when all seemed lost; then we had United at home in the Prem the following season, we were favourites and we went 0-2 down, all seemed lost and we got it back to 2-2 only to lose it late on; later in the season they had the title all but sewn up and we went there and played them off the park and won.

I think this is something that holds us back at times when people wonder "how come...?" when we don't do as well as expected. I don't think we're fully confident when everyone expects us to go and win. Either that or we get complacent when it is expected as we just think we have to turn up to win.

Luckily nobody is giving us a chance outside ourselves this weekend. I've not seen or heard anyone in the media say we are going to win this game. So that makes us underdogs. That's when we're at our most dangerous.

-- Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:19 am --

bobmcfc said:
ramires2029 said:

And they think we are being unfair on them ! It can't be a coincidence that Other clubs fans think they are arseholes too can it ?
The three evil red clubs are the three most intolerable and despicable sets of fans. The fucking colour breeds cunts!

KippaxCitizen said:
ramires2029 said:
Correct about the Scousers and correct about some of our players. It was the same against Arsenal the other week for us, some of our so called "superstars" were invisible.

I think we lack a belief within our squad at times. You lot at home and Barça at home, as you said, were two games we showed no belief that we were going to win. We didn't impose ourselves on either team as the home team. And how are we going to win when that happens, or doesn't happen?

We are better when we're the underdog. Against you and Barça, and Bayern for that matter, all at home, we were expected to go out and show how good we were. We were supposed to go and impose ourselves on those teams and we didn't and we lost all three without hardly a sniff of a goal or even more than half a dozen real chances spread over the three games.

Then you came in the FA Cup and you'd beaten us well just a few days before and as the underdog with something to prove we went and spanked you. It was the same against Barça away, with no expectations on us to go and win we played quite well...and Bayern away, they'd hammered us at ours, nothing was expected of us yet we went there and won (although they did give up at 2-0).

But we haven't come to terms with being a top club/side yet for me. We are still thriving when we're the plucky underdog and not when we're expected to go out and show what we're supposed to be as the favourites.

It has been the same over Ferguson's United sides over the last few years (this season doesn't count because the Rags are fucking shit!). FAC semi, underdogs, we won; first Prem game following that, United were going to 'get us back', we were underdogs, we won 1-6; then when we played them at our place in the FA Cup, we were favourites, and we went 0-3 down in the first half, then when all seemed lost we went down to ten men and we became the underdogs in the game again, we brought it back to 2-3 with a great second half performance; the game United came to our place top of the league, we suffocated them and won 1-0 which set us up for that title...that we nearly blew when we were expected to win against QPR, coming back from behind when all seemed lost; then we had United at home in the Prem the following season, we were favourites and we went 0-2 down, all seemed lost and we got it back to 2-2 only to lose it late on; later in the season they had the title all but sewn up and we went there and played them off the park and won.

I think this is something that holds us back at times when people wonder "how come...?" when we don't do as well as expected. I don't think we're fully confident when everyone expects us to go and win. Either that or we get complacent when it is expected as we just think we have to turn up to win.

Luckily nobody is giving us a chance outside ourselves this weekend. I've not seen or heard anyone in the media say we are going to win this game. So that makes us underdogs. That's when we're at our most dangerous.

-- Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:19 am --

bobmcfc said:
ramires2029 said:

The three evil red clubs are the three most intolerable and despicable sets of fans. The fucking colour breeds cunts!

Let's hope our lads bring their best for this game. As others have said, pool will fly at us and all out attack. We cannot be alarmed at this because if we keep our composure and pass well it could be their undoing. We need confidence and composure and we definitely need to be aware of them going down easily in and around our area. We need to try and hold onto the ball and not get penned in because that will just make their fans even louder

ramires2029 said:

We were missing key players in both games. Our players were up for it but Fernandinho was a bigger loss for us. He is the key players in the balance of our side. When we beat Chelsea in the FA Cup, very comfortably, we were more our usual selves. Toure is a big game player, he scores crucial goals in big games. We will be up for this.

Too much credit goes to Liverpool for their dismantling of Arsenal, Arsenal played into Liverpool's hands by giving the ball away and over committing players forward to leave themselves exposed. We will play better under pressure and will match their intensity. They will struggle to get the ball as much as they want but we will still be susceptable to counter attacks. I think we will control the game and win the match. We are due a win at Anfield and I think we are in the perfect frame of mind to get one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.