Will we win the Prem / Title still possible (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Will we win the Prem (continued)?

coleridge said:
Didsbury Dave said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
I can simply not see liverpool dropping points if they beat us on sunday they would have to much momentum like us in the 2011-2012 season. Plus we would still have to go to everton and we all know how that usually ends up.

I remember the 2012 campaign and united were on a run like Liverpool's at exactly the same stage of the season, and the party line on here was 'I cannot see them dropping any more points'. Suddenly they dropped eight. It's a delusion when a team is on a winning running that it won't end, but it always does, and this one will. Liverpool are not that good.

Well, mate, I am not a Statto but what's the record for consecutive wins? Did I hear that they are now on 9 having beaten our 8 earlier in the season? Either it's going to be the miracle of the 96 or they will drop at least 2, 3 or more points yet, surely?

Whatever happens on Sunday, I am already worried about Sunderland at home three days later. Three points in the latter [same as on offer at Anfield] and we are still rolling. Too much bullshit about Sunday's game. As you say, Liverpool aren't all that.

City's league record since mid November is P20 W16 D3 L1

That's not a hot streak like Liverpool's but consistency of a longer period. It suggests that we might drop points during the run in but we're unlikely to fall apart.

Just a shame we didn't start the season as well.

cibaman said:
coleridge said:
Didsbury Dave said:
I remember the 2012 campaign and united were on a run like Liverpool's at exactly the same stage of the season, and the party line on here was 'I cannot see them dropping any more points'. Suddenly they dropped eight. It's a delusion when a team is on a winning running that it won't end, but it always does, and this one will. Liverpool are not that good.

Well, mate, I am not a Statto but what's the record for consecutive wins? Did I hear that they are now on 9 having beaten our 8 earlier in the season? Either it's going to be the miracle of the 96 or they will drop at least 2, 3 or more points yet, surely?

Whatever happens on Sunday, I am already worried about Sunderland at home three days later. Three points in the latter [same as on offer at Anfield] and we are still rolling. Too much bullshit about Sunday's game. As you say, Liverpool aren't all that.

That's not a hot streak like Liverpool's but consistency of a longer period. It suggests that we might drop points during the run in but we're unlikely to fall apart.

Liverpools record for their last 20 - W16 D2 L2

Statt0 said:
cibaman said:
coleridge said:

Liverpools record for their last 20 - W16 D2 L2

Just shows how our early season form is the problem not what we have done since. This won't get a mention on Sunday it will all be about the scousers amazing run, which to be fair it is.

Lancet Fluke said:
supercity88 said:
Chelsea will play exactly how they did last night and against us at the Etihad. That will soak up Liverpool's pressing game and hit them on the counter. Liverpool's defence will struggle to contain the likes of Hazard, Eto'o etc and they will be a threat from set pieces. Liverpool have not really been tested in their last few outings. Any teams they have played have over committed men forward and played into their hands. West Ham and Sunderland played a more contained game and Liverpool found things more difficult. Chelsea will do the same and do it better. We will play slightly more open but when you have the players we do, we can keep the ball despite their pressing and pass right through them.
We will have to deal with being pressed better than we did in the first half on Saturday.
We could and should have had 5 in that first half last weekend. We shall be ok.

IrelandSuperman said:
wireblue said:
Lancet Fluke said:
Of course Chelsea are capable of going to Anfield and winning, anything can happen in any game and any of the three of us could win the title but you can only go on probabilities. Liverpool are currently in by far the best form of the three of us, they are exceptionally strong at home and Chelsea now have extra (huge) matches to play. For me Liverpool are the biggest danger at this moment and I expect us to be hoping Chelsea get something at Anfield when that game comes around. The fact that Chelsea will have a CL semi either side of that game will not help that happen.

This simply isn't true. They are playing no better than we are - backed up by the fact they have gone on an incredible run and are still two points behind us in real terms
There's no bloody real terms where they're two behind us! The real terms of the situation is we're four behind them. Don't count your chickens etc.

Edit. Really does my head in when people automatically put our games in hand down as two wins to us.

cant-deal-with-it.gif

SWP's back said:
Lancet Fluke said:
supercity88 said:
Chelsea will play exactly how they did last night and against us at the Etihad. That will soak up Liverpool's pressing game and hit them on the counter. Liverpool's defence will struggle to contain the likes of Hazard, Eto'o etc and they will be a threat from set pieces. Liverpool have not really been tested in their last few outings. Any teams they have played have over committed men forward and played into their hands. West Ham and Sunderland played a more contained game and Liverpool found things more difficult. Chelsea will do the same and do it better. We will play slightly more open but when you have the players we do, we can keep the ball despite their pressing and pass right through them.
We will have to deal with being pressed better than we did in the first half on Saturday.
We could and should have had 5 in that first half last weekend. We shall be ok.

On Saturday Soton had a lot of possession without doing much with it. When we had the ball we tried too many flicks and tricks, over ambitious passes that didn't come off and kept giving them the ball back. We'll be more precise on Sunday.

sam-caddick said:
Liverpool will beat Chelsea with the two Champions League semi-final ties on each side of that match.

I just think Chelsea will rest players in that game and Mourinho will fancy his chances in the Champions League now I reckon, I don't see him being greedy and going for both so it will be one or the other.

Chelsea can rotate and still be a strong team, they have a lot of options and a few suspended/cup tied players for the semi. That means they can still put a strong side out. If Chelsea win their next two in the league you can bet they will be fighting for it. They wont prioritise the Champions League and just because they rotate will not mean Liverpool will beat them. People are significantly overhyping this Liverpool side.

supercity88 said:
sam-caddick said:
Liverpool will beat Chelsea with the two Champions League semi-final ties on each side of that match.

I just think Chelsea will rest players in that game and Mourinho will fancy his chances in the Champions League now I reckon, I don't see him being greedy and going for both so it will be one or the other.

Chelsea can rotate and still be a strong team, they have a lot of options and a few suspended/cup tied players for the semi. That means they can still put a strong side out. If Chelsea win their next two in the league you can bet they will be fighting for it. They wont prioritise the Champions League and just because they rotate will not mean Liverpool will beat them. People are significantly overhyping this Liverpool side.
If we do our stuff on Sunday, this topic will be irrelevant.

Think we,l get stitched up.clattenberk will buckle at anfield he,l give them everything I'm convinced there will be a red against us and they will Deffo be getting a pen.i really think we're going to lose this game,most of the country is behind Liverpool sky are behind them.i thought Chelsea were the favourites a while back but looking at the whole situation with the media wank fest of the dippers I think their name is on the trophy.im trying to stay positive but that's how I see it going

simon31goat said:
Think we,l get stitched up.clattenberk will buckle at anfield he,l give them everything I'm convinced there will be a red against us and they will Deffo be getting a pen.i really think we're going to lose this game,most of the country is behind Liverpool sky are behind them.i thought Chelsea were the favourites a while back but looking at the whole situation with the media wank fest of the dippers I think their name is on the trophy.im trying to stay positive but that's how I see it going
Not very hard, it would seem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.