Will we win the Prem / Title still possible (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Will we win the Prem (continued)?

We have to win every single game left. Without question.

With the inept display in the first twenty minutes you have to wonder if the manager has the tactical awareness about all the teams in this league and what their strengths and threats are, and whether our players really have to bottle for it. Then you look at our two other away games and worry.

Crazy and gutless are what if describe our preparation and attitude towards this game. It was only when backs were against the wall and all seemed beyond us (a common theme with us!) that we actually started to show the right attitude and determination, and it was only when he decided to bring Milner on that Pellegrini seemed to realise what Liverpool were about.

I think we could still win it but we had to avoid defeat today really, the last thing we could have done was lose today. I'd say it's unlikely now though.

Gutted! But still have some hope that Chelsea win all their games up to going to Anfield and can get something there. But them having the CL semis either side of that game make me feel uneasy about hoping for that.

Can't believe what I saw from our team and manager in that first twenty minutes, just cannot fucking believe it!

No chance now.

1. We've still (after years of investment) not figured out a way to win at Anfield, Britannia, (going to say Goodison), and it looks like St Mary's as well! I'm also going to put Stamford Bridge and the Emirates in there (only won there with 9 men in 09-10 and 10 men in 12-13 respectively) but that leads me on to point 2.

2. We've not beaten any of the top 4 (potentially 5) teams away from home. That's not good enough to win a league. It's all well and good looking back at those shit losses to Cardiff, Villa etc, but the fact of the matter is, against Chelsea (twice) we weren't good enough, and against Liverpool today, Arsenal away, and I'm going to say Everton. To win the league, these are the away games you HAVE to lay a marker in. Send out a message. We bottle it. I said after that game at Arsenal that we'd blown it. We should have won that game.

3. Too many players go missing in tough away games. Happened too often this year. Navas and Nasri are the main culprits for it. And, with Palace and Everton to come, can you see any of those two taking the game by the scruff of the neck and making something happen? Navas against Flanagan. I bet some of the Red Scouse twats were shitting it. Did he cause him any bother? Nope. Milner did though. His attitude is enviable. Which leads on to point 4.

4. We've not got THAT title winning mentality. We've really not. Liverpool have now (unfortunately it's being turned into a romantic love story by the media and Gerrard's talk on the pitch will be in many future Sky montages). Even in 11-12, we didn't have it and we fucked it up at Arsenal (see point 2). United fucking it up that year was a freak thing BUT, we showed that 'mentality' (that Mancini banged on about for so long) in 3 of those last 4 games at Wolves, home to United and away at Newcastle. Even against QPR, we nearly fucked it up again because we ambled through the game after Zaba scored and Toure went off.

The attitude is killing us. I just don't see it in some players, as good as they are and as much as I like them. It's that crucial final part of the 'project' on the field that we've not got. I like MP but he's not brought that with him either.

I always, always, always compare any potential 'title contender' to United. You have to. Like when Spurs were in the mix in 11-12. Media said they were title contenders. Most of us knew they weren't. Arsenal this year. Same story. There is a huge difference, for me, between title contenders and potential title WINNERS. Arsenal fall into the first category. Essentially making up the numbers near the top and making the 'better' teams perform each week and keeping them on their toes. Take a step back, look at us from the outside looking in and we, unfortunately, look as if we're 'contenders' this year again.

KippaxCitizen said:
We have to win every single game left. Without question.

With the inept display in the first twenty minutes you have to wonder if the manager has the tactical awareness about all the teams in this league and what their strengths and threats are, and whether our players really have to bottle for it. Then you look at our two other away games and worry.

Crazy and gutless are what if describe our preparation and attitude towards this game. It was only when backs were against the wall and all seemed beyond us (a common theme with us!) that we actually started to show the right attitude and determination, and it was only when he decided to bring Milner on that Pellegrini seemed to realise what Liverpool were about.

I think we could still win it but we had to avoid defeat today really, the last thing we could have done was lose today. I'd say it's unlikely now though.

Gutted! But still have some hope that Chelsea win all their games up to going to Anfield and can get something there. But them having the CL semis either side of that game make me feel uneasy about hoping for that.

Can't believe what I saw from our team and manager in that first twenty minutes, just cannot fucking believe it!
And if it hadn't been for individual error we'd have been saluting a magnificent display. I thought we were brilliant going forward, and kept playing our football, but then I wasn't listening to UK commentators.

n_mcfc said:
No chance now.

1. We've still (after years of investment) not figured out a way to win at Anfield, Britannia, (going to say Goodison), and it looks like St Mary's as well! I'm also going to put Stamford Bridge and the Emirates in there (only won there with 9 men in 09-10 and 10 men in 12-13 respectively) but that leads me on to point 2.

2. We've not beaten any of the top 4 (potentially 5) teams away from home. That's not good enough to win a league. It's all well and good looking back at those shit losses to Cardiff, Villa etc, but the fact of the matter is, against Chelsea (twice) we weren't good enough, and against Liverpool today, Arsenal away, and I'm going to say Everton. To win the league, these are the away games you HAVE to lay a marker in. Send out a message. We bottle it. I said after that game at Arsenal that we'd blown it. We should have won that game.

3. Too many players go missing in tough away games. Happened too often this year. Navas and Nasri are the main culprits for it. And, with Palace and Everton to come, can you see any of those two taking the game by the scruff of the neck and making something happen? Navas against Flanagan. I bet some of the Red Scouse twats were shitting it. Did he cause him any bother? Nope. Milner did though. His attitude is enviable. Which leads on to point 4.

4. We've not got THAT title winning mentality. We've really not. Liverpool have now (unfortunately it's being turned into a romantic love story by the media and Gerrard's talk on the pitch will be in many future Sky montages). Even in 11-12, we didn't have it and we fucked it up at Arsenal (see point 2). United fucking it up that year was a freak thing BUT, we showed that 'mentality' (that Mancini banged on about for so long) in 3 of those last 4 games at Wolves, home to United and away at Newcastle. Even against QPR, we nearly fucked it up again because we ambled through the game after Zaba scored and Toure went off.

The attitude is killing us. I just don't see it in some players, as good as they are and as much as I like them. It's that crucial final part of the 'project' on the field that we've not got. I like MP but he's not brought that with him either.

I always, always, always compare any potential 'title contender' to United. You have to. Like when Spurs were in the mix in 11-12. Media said they were title contenders. Most of us knew they weren't. Arsenal this year. Same story. There is a huge difference, for me, between title contenders and potential title WINNERS. Arsenal fall into the first category. Essentially making up the numbers near the top and making the 'better' teams perform each week and keeping them on their toes. Take a step back, look at us from the outside looking in and we, unfortunately, look as if we're 'contenders' this year again.

Great post, pretty much sums it all up for me.

n_mcfc said:
No chance now.

Spot on.

When you look at all the best teams we've played this season we've only won 3 out of 9 games.
Bayern LW
Chelsea LLW
Liverpool WL
Barcelona LL

That's quite poor.

And the win in München I don't take fully seriously. It was a game that had situations you'd never get in any other game outside it being a final group game in the CL with both teams already qualified and the home team going 2-0 up. With a similar starting XI we didn't win at Blackburn, struggled at home to Watford and lost at home to Wigan. Those tie back to your points about our attitude.

Seems a bit of a cop out but I'm surprised no one has mentioned luck. We need some and we haven't had it all season.

Been saying for weeks Pellegrini does not win important matches against big rivals

Only positives you can take out of today's game are our goal difference is still intact and Henderson getting sent off so he'll miss Norwich chelsea and palace

He is a big part of their pressing game and perhaps missing him especially I'm the chelsea game could be a huge blow

I'm on the fence at the moment I still think we can win it but it's hard being optimistic when it's not in your hands. If we win all our games then I think me might just nick it

Yes we will win the prem. But the time has come for us supporters to stand up and be counted. Too many wash their hands of their responsibility as supporters and fail to get behind the team on forums like this. Too many think that if they blame the manager and players then that is all that's needed and they can go into work the next day with a "told you so" attitude and feel better about themselves. Much of the last week on the pre match thread has been spent knocking Liverpool fans for believing they will win the league yet this forum is 50/50 split between those who believe we will win and those who feel that saying we won't and knocking everything about the management and players is enough. It's time for City supporters to support City, stand up and be counted and believe.

Yes we will win the prem. But the time has come for us supporters to stand up and be counted. Too many wash their hands of their responsibility as supporters and fail to get behind the team on forums like this. Too many think that if they blame the manager and players then that is all that's needed and they can go into work the next day with a "told you so" attitude and feel better about themselves. Much of the last week on the pre match thread has been spent knocking Liverpool fans for believing they will win the league yet this forum is 50/50 split between those who believe we will win and those who feel that saying we won't and knocking everything about the management and players is enough. It's time for City supporters to support City, stand up and be counted and believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.