Will we win the Prem / Title still possible (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Will we win the Prem (continued)?

waspish said:
dw7 said:
I think Liverpool will draw at Norwich. Just a hunch.

Well they'll have to score at least 4 goals because Suarez loves scoring against them I'm having a bet he scores an hatrick
Yeah they usually hammer them like us but Norwich best us and came close to drawing with us last season. Strang thigs can happen both desperate and nervous for the points Norwich at home with a new manager

We need to beat palace to put pressure in them to get something from Liverpool, I'm sure we play palace before them, might be wrong ?

Dubai Blue said:
Rammyblues said:
It seems to me that with the remaining fixtures goal difference will play no part.
If Liverpool lost 1 and won 3, and we won 5 and drew 1, we'd both be on 86 points. But assuming Liverpool's defeat came to Chelsea, you'd have to fancy them to finish on 87 points.

There's also a scenario where we could all end up on 85.

Norwich and dippers draw. Chelsea and dippers draw. We lose to Everton. Every other game goes as expected.

waspish said:
dw7 said:
I think Liverpool will draw at Norwich. Just a hunch.

Well they'll have to score at least 4 goals because Suarez loves scoring against them I'm having a bet he scores an hatrick

We loved scoring 7 against them at home this season.

- Will we win the Prem?

- Yes, why are you asking?

I think Liverpool will drop points but then so will we.
Sadly i think our chance has gone this season

We may still win this and it's not over until it's over etc etc, however, I'm not convinced that the current set of players have what it takes. We have come up short at a number of key moments this season (Bayern at home, Chelsea away and home, Wigan, Barcelona home and away, Liverpool away) and I'm not convinced that we have that 'X' factor to get us over the line. Too many poor performances by key players at crucial moments throughout the season, too many injuries and too many tactical slip ups. It doesn't feel like 'our name is on it' - and before anyone says it, it didn't feel like it before yesterday either.

If it's 'just' the League Cup, we should remember where we've come from and be thankful for where we are. It will be disappointing though.

I think we will win our 4 home games and beat Palace. Comfortably.

Then our game at Goodison becomes a Cup Final. Win that then the only scenario that doesn't get us the title is Liverpool beating Chelsea.

Obviously, I'd prefer to have gotten the draw/win we deserved yesterday, but these are not bad odds. We are a better side than Everton and it won't be any tougher than playing at Anfield but hopefully with a less crooked ref.

Still optimistic.

I'd like to think we are still in with a chance, but we can't afford to slip up at this stage. Go all out and get the job done in the early stages of each game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.