Will we win the Prem / Title still possible (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Will we win the Prem (continued)?

The title race from a Liverpool fans perspective is a million miles from over, 2 points separating the 3 of us it can go anyway, Norwich away fighting for their lives, palace away not easy they beat Chelsea last week, Chelsea at anfield could go anyway, Newcastle at anfield is a decent fixture to finish on, but this race is far from over.

Lovebitesandeveryfing said:
lasereyes said:
Hung said:
We may still win this and it's not over until it's over etc etc, however, I'm not convinced that the current set of players have what it takes. We have come up short at a number of key moments this season (Bayern at home, Chelsea away and home, Wigan, Barcelona home and away, Liverpool away) and I'm not convinced that we have that 'X' factor to get us over the line. Too many poor performances by key players at crucial moments throughout the season, too many injuries and too many tactical slip ups. It doesn't feel like 'our name is on it' - and before anyone says it, it didn't feel like it before yesterday either.

If it's 'just' the League Cup, we should remember where we've come from and be thankful for where we are. It will be disappointing though.

We are missing maybe 3 players (Left back, holding midfielder and backup Right back). And we have had an unreal number of injuries. Those two are quite linked btw. Fix the first, and a bit of luck with the second, I think we will win the title next year and be very strong contenders in Europe. Plus with Pellegrini well integrated into the PL, we won't have away defeats at the likes of Cardiff and Villa and fortunately we prob won't play at the Stadium of Light at all, lol.

Funny, I must admit I have found myself thinking that exact same thing recently. We showed huge mental strength at Hull, (and I thought, yep, we'll definitely win it) but then have had weak moments that are a bit inexplicable. When we went a goal up at the Emirates is a case in point. You have to feel we should have gone for the jugular and buried it in that first half, when they were downright scared of us. Yesterday, for all the pride I feel about the way we battled, once we'd done all the hard work, coming back from two goals down at Anfield — and who does that? — you have to feel that we should have closed it all down to get that point. It's just little things like this in the run-in that make you wonder. I still think we've got the beating of anyone in our last six games, but it's now out of our hands. We need Liverpool to slip up against Chelsea. Still think this might go to goal difference (again!) so we've got to score a cartload against Sunderland. Because Liverpool will score a cartload against Norwich - that's as sure as the sun rising tomorrow.
I think Liverpool will beat Norwich, but you might find with a new manager, and their precarious league position that they wont attack Liverpool and will play for a point. Furthermore Liverpool maybe without Sturridge at Norwich and that's a significant part of their goal threat.

And they will miss Henderson.

Wobblehead has been vital to their success so far this season - he's really come on as a player.

What I'll say is I'd just love one more opportunity to get things back into our own hands.

I think we'll know for sure if we'll get that opportunity in the course of the next 2 weeks.

If Liverpool get through Norwich and Chelsea unscathed, I'm certain our chances will have gone and the Scousers momentum will take them through the Palace game, before an easy one at home to the barcodes. If they're gonna drop points it'll be from Norwich (slim chance) or more likely Chelsea.

I don't care if it's a Chelsea win or a draw, I do not give a damn. Either would be huge for us and I just pray we get one more opportunity to have the outcome in our own hands again.

I'll be a huge Chelsea fan on the day of their game with the scousers, and if they do manage to get something (doing both them and ourselves a favour), City will do it, I am convinced.

We've got a poor record at Everton, who are good guns at home and with a champions league place to play for. But aside from individual stupidity and a poor first half hour I've just watched us put in one of the best away performances at Anfield I've seen from a City side in years.

I'm convinced we could go to Goodison, treat it like a champions league final and get the job done. Everton are good but not as good as Liverpool and IF things are back in our hands by then we can go there knowing if we get through that match things get slightly easier from there in.

So to sum up, if Liverpool drop any points between now and the end of the season I think City will be champions. We can win every game and I think we will if the situation gets put back in our hands again. The bigger question for me is whether Liverpool will drop any points or not, sadly I can see them winning every game.

Come on Norwich and/or Chelsea. Please do us a bloody favour. I'd even consider changing my opinion on Mourinho if he could help us out ;-)

ayrshire_blue said:
What I'll say is I'd just love one more opportunity to get things back into our own hands.

I think we'll know for sure if we'll get that opportunity in the course of the next 2 weeks.

If Liverpool get through Norwich and Chelsea unscathed, I'm certain our chances will have gone and the Scousers momentum will take them through the Palace game, before an easy one at home to the barcodes. If they're gonna drop points it'll be from Norwich (slim chance) or more likely Chelsea.

I don't care if it's a Chelsea win or a draw, I do not give a damn. Either would be huge for us and I just pray we get one more opportunity to have the outcome in our own hands again.

I'll be a huge Chelsea fan on the day of their game with the scousers, and if they do manage to get something (doing both them and ourselves a favour), City will do it, I am convinced.

We've got a poor record at Everton, who are good guns at home and with a champions league place to play for. But aside from individual stupidity and a poor first half hour I've just watched us put in one of the best away performances at Anfield I've seen from a City side in years.

I'm convinced we could go to Goodison, treat it like a champions league final and get the job done. Everton are good but not as good as Liverpool and IF things are back in our hands by then we can go there knowing if we get through that match things get slightly easier from there in.

So to sum up, if Liverpool drop any points between now and the end of the season I think City will be champions. We can win every game and I think we will if the situation gets put back in our hands again. The bigger question for me is whether Liverpool will drop any points or not, sadly I can see them winning every game.

Come on Norwich and/or Chelsea. Please do us a bloody favour. I'd even consider changing my opinion on Mourinho if he could help us out ;-)

The only thing going against Chelsea is the Champions league semi finals which I think are around this time. Norwich apparently played well at the weekend. I would fucking love them to get a draw and then Liverpool draw with Chelsea......

Steak Bake said:

Wobblehead has been vital to their success so far this season - he's really come on as a player.

agreed , a pity that the midfield maestro thomas cleverley will be going to brazil instead.

let them print the t-shirts we've seen it all before 'you know the rest' but im telling you all on here its far from done with, the pendulum will swing back then we take it by the scruff and win it, happy days just enjoy

ayrshire_blue said:

Suarez could get himself sent off at palace, particularly if they are without Sturridge and he feels he has even more of an obligation to dive. He could crack again

gmckennasell said:
Steak Bake said:

agreed , a pity that the midfield maestro thomas cleverley will be going to brazil instead.

Cleverley won't go to Brazil, no chance! He's terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.