Will we win the Prem / Title still possible (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Will we win the Prem (continued)?

Marvin said:
Damanino said:
Thats my prediction too that there is good chance Pool will draw at least one game of their 4, but I am even more sure we wont win all 6. I thought this before the Pool game as well, and thy why I wanted a win, to get us the chance to win the league even if we dont win the last 6.

Thats why that 1-0 at Arsenal and finish it 1-1 with an awful second half wasnt a good point, it was a huge chance missed. Just like coming back 2-2 vs Pool and gifting them probably the league.

If we just beat Arsenal from 1-0 up, with a decent second half, beat Soton what we did, and hold on to the draw vs Pool, now we actually could do it maybe with 4 win, 2 draws in two tough away games. Or even 5 wins, 1 loss.

All these things say to me we arent good enough to win the league and its sad, beause we absolutely have the squad for it, but its not being played at their top of potential. Awful defensive problems, players go hiding, etc. We are not far, but we have to be be ruthless in the summer with the squad, and get it right finally.

I look at Henderson, sterling, Coutinho, Sturridge, they are no better players than ours. But this year their mentality, desire is lot much better than some of our players'. Also they play ina formation/tactics that is able to get the best out of them.
Our formation is not like this, it isnt getting the best out of our defenders, it makes make unreal mistakes. We have a big problem with a Yaya-Fernandinho duo, too open as one of them is not 100% tactically disciplined this leaves Fernandinho in extremely tough spot many times.
While Nasri, Silva duo works well 50% of the time, other times Silva plays unreal but Nasri is the one we carry and on top of that he nowhere near has the desire, mentality like a Sterling or even Henderson.

It would be not much consolation if we finish second with 88 points (win last 6), but pretty sure we wont, its about 84, 85 points at best, and thats not enough even if Pool drops a game.

But we should go for it, try to win 6 games, but there is something why we simply cant fucking beat Pool away, Sunderland away, Everton away every time. Most of the times for me its really the desire on the day. Maybe they always go into cup final mode vs us, why dont we do the same then?

Mancini in his time never won at Everton, Sunderland, Pool. Thats like 10 matches for us in away games. Now this year its two losses so far, and a lot better Everton with a tactically better manager in regard of Martinez/Moyes is still waiting for us.
So in 4 years it could 12 away games vs 3 teams, mostly losses and a few draws.

It would be really sad that Pool/Chelsea drops points, leaves the outside chance open for us to win the league with 6 wins and we wont do that. As I see it now, thats a very strong possibility. Would make this season even more a lost/wasted chance.

My main problem is the Everton game, which knew before the season that in 37th round to go there with the pressure of need to win there, I knew how hard to win there, and Everton improved a lot under Martinez too.

But the Palace away game is such a tough game with Pulis, he made it really hard for us at the Etihad too with a weak squad.
If you ignore the opening away defeats in the season, when we were settling in under Pellegrini, we have only lost 2 games in the League: Chelsea at home and Liverpool away. Both games I'd put down to injuries.

I think the difference between City and Liverpool is that Liverpool have not lost their key players to injury, and we have and this has made a difference in the key games. The loss yesterday was very unfortunate. The training ground accident led to it all in my view

True, but it was also Clattenburg being ref, which I am pretty certain was no accident.

Steak Bake said:
gmckennasell said:
Steak Bake said:
And they will miss Henderson.

Wobblehead has been vital to their success so far this season - he's really come on as a player.

agreed , a pity that the midfield maestro thomas cleverley will be going to brazil instead.

Cleverley won't go to Brazil, no chance! He's terrible.

Hes woys love child , he is nailed on to go , form and ability isnt a consideration for the current england manager.

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
ayrshire_blue said:
What I'll say is I'd just love one more opportunity to get things back into our own hands.

I think we'll know for sure if we'll get that opportunity in the course of the next 2 weeks.

If Liverpool get through Norwich and Chelsea unscathed, I'm certain our chances will have gone and the Scousers momentum will take them through the Palace game, before an easy one at home to the barcodes. If they're gonna drop points it'll be from Norwich (slim chance) or more likely Chelsea.

I don't care if it's a Chelsea win or a draw, I do not give a damn. Either would be huge for us and I just pray we get one more opportunity to have the outcome in our own hands again.

I'll be a huge Chelsea fan on the day of their game with the scousers, and if they do manage to get something (doing both them and ourselves a favour), City will do it, I am convinced.

We've got a poor record at Everton, who are good guns at home and with a champions league place to play for. But aside from individual stupidity and a poor first half hour I've just watched us put in one of the best away performances at Anfield I've seen from a City side in years.

I'm convinced we could go to Goodison, treat it like a champions league final and get the job done. Everton are good but not as good as Liverpool and IF things are back in our hands by then we can go there knowing if we get through that match things get slightly easier from there in.

So to sum up, if Liverpool drop any points between now and the end of the season I think City will be champions. We can win every game and I think we will if the situation gets put back in our hands again. The bigger question for me is whether Liverpool will drop any points or not, sadly I can see them winning every game.

Come on Norwich and/or Chelsea. Please do us a bloody favour. I'd even consider changing my opinion on Mourinho if he could help us out ;-)

The only thing going against Chelsea is the Champions league semi finals which I think are around this time. Norwich apparently played well at the weekend. I would fucking love them to get a draw and then Liverpool draw with Chelsea......

It's not the physical aspect of having to play midweek either side of the scouse game which worries me, it's more the mental side of where they are. By the time they play the scouse their minds will be on the second leg at Stamford Bridge. I think Jose will, rightly or wrongly, hugely prioritise the champions league - meaning resting key players for the Liverpool match - even though it's huge for Chelsea too I just don't think they'll treat it as such. I hope Atletico dick them 5-0 in Spain so that Jose knows the league is his only chance of a trophy.

Percentage chance at the moment I'd give us about 20-30. However, if, IF Liverpool drop any points from here on in I'd increase that to about 80%. We can win all our games. Sadly, I think Liverpool can too.

If Toure is out until the end of the season, we will win the league. If not, Chelsea will win it.

Okay, wait, I'm confused.

If we (Liverpool) win all of our games from now till the end of the season, and Chelsea do too. APART from the game between us and Chelsea, which ends up in a draw.

Does that mean you'll win it by a point?

LFC-Fans said:

If we (Liverpool) win all of our games from now till the end of the season, and Chelsea do too. APART from the game between us and Chelsea, which ends up in a draw.

if pool win all games they will win it
if chelsea win all games including liv v chel they may win it
if city win all there 6 games they will win it because they will be above chelsea and liverpool will have droped points to chelsea, fingers crossed

LFC-Fans said:

yep , if everton have qualified for champs league , they will get the cigars and slippers out , when they play us.

gmckennasell said:
LFC-Fans said:

yep , if everton have qualified for champs league , they will get the cigars and slippers out , when they play us.

really? im not sugesting they would but do you think they would chuck a game 'if they had qualified' so livepool lost the title

LFC-Fans said:

If you and Chelsea win all your games but draw vs each other that's +10 points each. You'd finish on 87 and them on 85. IF we win all 6 then we'll get 18 more points leaving us on 88.

marco said:
gmckennasell said:
LFC-Fans said:

really? im not sugesting they would but do you think they would chuck a game 'if they had qualified' so livepool lost the title

no absolutley not , they would want to finish as high in the league as possible and then join in the celebrations with their fellow liverpudlians at the albert dock

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.