Will we win the Prem / Title still possible (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Will we win the Prem (continued)?

If we can't beat Everton, having only won once against our two closest rivals then we can forget the league. We will be so fortunate to win unless we win all 6. We might get away with 5 wins and a draw, if Chelsea and Liverpool both slip up, but we would need Liverpool to lose a game - and if Chelsea beat them then we need them to slip up if 86pts is to be enough. We have to win at places like Selhurst and Goodison. I think we will win at Selhurst. Their game plan is obvious and we should be able to control the game and create chances. They will also likely be safe by then too. At Goodison I have said that without Barry they lack balance and we can beat them. It doesn't matter what the context is, if they have to win then who cares. We have to win. That is all that should matter. We had some tough games in 2011/12 to try and win whilst the Rags had Wigan away and Everton at home. Liverpool's games look tough when you consider they are already feeling relief because of the pressure they've been under. Three tough games they've won through and yet they still have to win 4 more. Against two relegation threatened teams (Palace perhaps safe) and Chelsea. The Newcastle game is the only one that looks a dead cert - but Pardew might be able to inspire some sort of performance from them by then.

Chelsea's hardest games are their away trips. Cardiff last game of the season could have the same at stake as when we played QPR. But it is in Cardiff which puts things into their favour with the home crowd who will give Chelsea hell if they could win to stay up. I think we might have a situation on the last day of the season where Liverpool are on 82pts, Chelsea are on 82pts and we are on 83pts.

If you look at Chelsea's games on paper they will be a doddle except for the Liverpool game,the same for the dippers in reverse.We have two tough away games at Palace and Everton,grounds we have never done much at before and the teams we play at home can cause us problems,as Sunderland did at Wembley until two quality strikes turned it around.

I would love to be proved wrong and us to win it but i feel it is all too little and too late with too much to do now.

Even if we don't win the league now, it's been a silverware winning season!

Let's get behind the team for every game now till the end of the season! Party atmosphere... Nothing to lose now, but everything to gain! C'mon!

paulchapo said:
If you look at Chelsea's games on paper they will be a doddle except for the Liverpool game,the same for the dippers in reverse.We have two tough away games at Palace and Everton,grounds we have never done much at before and the teams we play at home can cause us problems,as Sunderland did at Wembley until two quality strikes turned it around.

I would love to be proved wrong and us to win it but i feel it is all too little and too late with too much to do now.

Why will Palace away be any less tough for Liverpool than for us?

paulchapo said:

Haha hold on a sec, Liverpool have got easy games at Palace and Norwich yet our game at Palace is classed as a 'tough away game'

Lancet Fluke said:
paulchapo said:

It won't but unless we get Agero on fire again i feel they will have a tough game but the power to win it due to their firepower.

There are no easy games in PL, for us or for liverpool.

I can see them lose, draw or drop points in general in the next 4 games. They still have to play Chelsea and Palace.

I'm honestly only concerned about Everton, but I am sure we have the quality in our squad to beat ANY team.

It will go to the wire.

chris85mcfc said:
paulchapo said:

Haha hold on a sec, Liverpool have got easy games at Palace and Norwich yet our game at Palace is classed as a 'tough away game'

Answered in the next thread.

Lancet Fluke said:
paulchapo said:

Palace could be safe by the time they play Liverpool but still need points v us.

Although I think palace will be tough for Liverpool Monday night when Chelsea and us have already played

Let's just take one game at a time the table could look a lot different in two weeks time if we keep winning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.