Will we win the Prem / Title still possible (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Title still possible

mcfc2607 said:
in our title winning season we drew 2-2 at home to sunderland around the same time ish.

just saying.

3-3, and it was before this time if I remember correctly.

Last night proper knocked the stuffing out of me. Even after Sundays result I still thought we would go on to win it, but watching a team with so much at stake sauntering about the pitch without any real desire tells me it's over. I'm fucking gutted that we didn't have it in us to respond positively to the Liverpool game, and nothing about that showing gives me any hope that we can put a 5 game winning streak together.

Norwich beat Liverpool, Chelsea draw with Liverpool and we win all our games and we WIN...ah fuck it, no chance.

Lucky Toma said:
It may have been understandable considering the hugely disappointing display and result but Blues were far too quick to write us off last night. We remain in title contention.

Just imagine for one moment if Palace beat the dippers on Sunday. With them having to play Chelsea suddenly it would look on again.

There will be more twists and turn to come. If they're to our benefit we CAN still do it!
And 1-2-3 Back in the room...........

we need to win our 5 games and:
If Liverpool beat chelsea- Liverpool must lose a game

If chelsea beat Liverpool- chelsea to draw/lose a game

If Liverpool and chelsea draw- Liverpool to draw/lose a game

Very improbable that well win it but I think there is more chance than people are saying we have

Liverpool need to drop 3 points, Chelsea need to drop 2 points. One of these things is guaranteed to happen when they play each other, so we only actually need one result to go our way to achieve the other. One result. The way most are talking we already need miracles.

Let's put it this way. If we win our next 4 games then we are certain to go into the last day of the season with the title still in reach and at worst we will still be waiting on that one other result.

thesilvalining said:

Very improbable that well win it but I think there is more chance than people are saying we have

Absolutely - Whilst it was gutting not to win last night, scraping a draw might prove to be invaluable as it keeps us within striking distance and keeps the pressure on Liverpool and Chelsea. One loss for Liverpool and we can catch them on GD - entirely feasible and they could easily crumble if that comes at Norwich. Chelsea have CL games and will put at least one awful showing out.

We are capable (as we did in 2011) of picking ourselves up and winning the last 5 games. The most disappointing thing for me is if we give up before its mathematically impossible - Like some posters on here!

If we're gonna do it, it has to be in the hardest and most excruciating way possible right? We're right on track. Keep telling myself that anyway.

Petrovs left peg said:
thesilvalining said:

Absolutely - Whilst it was gutting not to win last night, scraping a draw might prove to be invaluable as it keeps us within striking distance and keeps the pressure on Liverpool and Chelsea. One loss for Liverpool and we can catch them on GD - entirely feasible and they could easily crumble if that comes at Norwich. Chelsea have CL games and will put at least one awful showing out.

We are capable (as we did in 2011) of picking ourselves up and winning the last 5 games. The most disappointing thing for me is if we give up before its mathematically impossible - Like some posters on here!

Or like the players did last night..............

We are 7/1 with the bookies now. I will be keeping my money in my pocket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.