Will we win the Prem / Title still possible (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Title still possible

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Petrovs left peg said:
thesilvalining said:
we need to win our 5 games and:
If Liverpool beat chelsea- Liverpool must lose a game

If chelsea beat Liverpool- chelsea to draw/lose a game

If Liverpool and chelsea draw- Liverpool to draw/lose a game

Very improbable that well win it but I think there is more chance than people are saying we have

Absolutely - Whilst it was gutting not to win last night, scraping a draw might prove to be invaluable as it keeps us within striking distance and keeps the pressure on Liverpool and Chelsea. One loss for Liverpool and we can catch them on GD - entirely feasible and they could easily crumble if that comes at Norwich. Chelsea have CL games and will put at least one awful showing out.

We are capable (as we did in 2011) of picking ourselves up and winning the last 5 games. The most disappointing thing for me is if we give up before its mathematically impossible - Like some posters on here!

Or like the players did last night..............

We are 7/1 with the bookies now. I will be keeping my money in my pocket.

They didn't give up, they were fucked and we had an unfamiliar team out. Hopefully Sergio will be better for his run out because he looked fucked from the first minute. Silva will be back and possibly Yaya for Palace. If it had been the first choice 11 that had produced that last night I'd agree but I think we are still in it.

So, if all 3 of us win our next games, is a draw the best result for Liverpool v Chelsea?

It's over. We've blown it. We're talking about two teams who have outright winners in their team backed by passionate supporters. Sadly for one reason or another we lack both of those qualities.

Pablo1 said:
Last night proper knocked the stuffing out of me. Even after Sundays result I still thought we would go on to win it, but watching a team with so much at stake sauntering about the pitch without any real desire tells me it's over. I'm fucking gutted that we didn't have it in us to respond positively to the Liverpool game, and nothing about that showing gives me any hope that we can put a 5 game winning streak together.

Exactly how I feel.

117 M34 said:
So, if all 3 of us win our next games, is a draw the best result for Liverpool v Chelsea?

If it is a draw we still need Liverpool to slip up in another game and we need to win our 5 games.

If Liverpool win then we need them to lose another game and hope our goal difference is better.

If Chelsea win we need Chelsea to slip up in another game.

Liverpool play Norwich (Shite) Palace (safe) and Newcastle (wank)- Cant see a slip up in any of those games

Chelsea play Sunderland (no one elses bogey side just ours) , Norwich (Shite) and Cardiff (crap)- Cant see a slip up in any of those either.

You never know but it is a long shot and that is why we are 7/1

my gut feeling is we will slip up again, probably at Everton, Liverpool will beat Chelsea and they will win the title before we play our last two games.

I think other results probably will go our way between now and the end of the season. But I've got next to no faith in us picking up 5 wins, unfortunately: to get anything at either Everton or Palace we're going to have to be right up for it and be prepared to work and run hard from the off. And that just ain't us at the moment.

Look, we all need to remain positive. It's improbable but still possible. Especially with Chelsea and Liverpool to play each other. My view is that if we can keep the gap to three points and it goes to the last game, anything is possible. Pressure can do amazing things, look we nearly threw it away against QPR last game when it was ours to lose.

Chelsea going to Cardiff last game, if they are still have a chance of staying up will not be easy. It ain't over until it's mathematically impossible.

My view is that we need a draw or Chelsea win in the Liverpool game then it's definitely still on.

My 'optimistic' prediction with blue tinted glasses on

Liverpool are going to draw at Norwich this weekend, as their run of astounding luck and dodgy reffing comes to an end and Norwich will battle for their lifes (like Sunderland), with LFC badly missing Henderson and Sturridge

Chelsea will grind out a draw at Anfield as Maureen is a master at this and he'll be pinning his hopes on the scousers dropping points at Palace.... but they'll win there cos Palace have now done their job and will ease off

In the meantime with Silva back we will beat WBA, will go into the game at Palace with the boost of hearing the scousers / Chelsea has finished all square just before we kick off so will pick up 3 points for the reasons Liverpool will, plus Ya Ya will be back all guns firing

We then go to Everton, who will be without Barry and by then will have missed out on top 4, and will know that 3 points for City could stop Liverpool winning the league. They lie down for us and we win

Liverpool / Chelsea will win all their other games

So we go into the last week of the season......

Liverpool 82 points
Chelsea 82 points
City 80 points

But crucially we have got a game in hand, Villa at home, with West Ham at home on the last day

It's happened before, BELIEVE !!!!

if Chelsea beat Liverpool this place will be a lot more happy.

but knowing city. Chelsea will loose this weekend and win at Liverpool
Liverpool will draw this weekend and..........

we will loose on Monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.