Will we win the Prem / Title still possible (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Title still possible

cibaman said:
lasereyes said:
There is a saying about the stock market bear markets. The market keeps falling until everyone has lost hope and is out; then it will rally sharply and unexpectedly.

City are the market. So long as we keep believing, they will disappoint us. We all need to give up hope totally so much so that we stop posting. Then comes the revival. So please, let's all throw in the towel before it's mathematically impossible.

But what if the revival turns out to be a dead cat bounce?

LOL - well there's always a rally eventually ...<br /><br />-- Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:58 pm --<br /><br />
Blue_Rossy said:
Its gone people, lets move on and just try to finish 3rd. If I'm wrong ill crap in my own hands and clap.

Why 3rd? 2nd is still in our hands unless Liverpool score some very big victories.

And i actually think 2nd rather than 3rd is psychologically pretty important for next year.

And if you strive for 2nd and the leader fucks up under pressure, you never know ...

Lucky Toma said:
It may have been understandable considering the hugely disappointing display and result but Blues were far too quick to write us off last night. We remain in title contention.

Just imagine for one moment if Palace beat the dippers on Sunday. With them having to play Chelsea suddenly it would look on again.

There will be more twists and turn to come. If they're to our benefit we CAN still do it!

Love your optimism Steve, and you were proved right when you screamed in my ear, "Believe" when I'd given up hope against QPR.

So even though I may not hold too much faith in the team or manager at the moment, I'll believe in you, you're my lucky charm :)

Bring it on, it's not over till it's over.

Don't see the point anymore in trying to hope for a sudden turnaround when I don't think we deserve it. The team has played some really good football this season but you have to ask yourself, is this a title winning team? There's a big difference between champions and a team that plays attractive football every week. Not getting enough points against Chelksi, countless injuries and the poor away defeats have cost us dear and last night was the last nail in the coffin for me. A team that cant beat Sunderland at home, in the business end of the season doesn't deserve to win the league. Added to the fact we have only briefly been on top of the league all year, I just don't think it was meant to be for us this year. All said and done i'm disappointed but I think Pellegrini was a good appointment. Hopefully next year with a bit of tweaking and throwing a few more dead weights over board, we'll be unstoppable as we are clearly not far away.

Go and have a look at the bottom of your garden, you might get a suprise. more chance of that than city winning it. !

Possible? Yes; of course it's ''possible''.
Probable? More chance of me being reincarnated as the saddle on Holly Willoughby's exercise bike.

i didnt see last nights game due to being on plane, but we have to believe..... after all we are still in contention which is a whole lot better than we used to have to put up with. I and think we have best team in league although a little unlucky. LFC not that good everything has fallen their way and i am convinced they will not be able to keep it up next season and may well lose it this season.
There have though been some bad mistakes, FA cup, CL first leg v Barca which need to be addressed. The biggest cock up could be the FFP rules, while we have been making all the right noises about confident we will be ok they look like dropping as much shit on us as possible. If that happens something has to be done about the managment that allowed its to get to that point.

Anyway lets get behind the lads and hope for some luck going our way.

We have to win all our games and then:
Chelsea have to drop points in 1 game.
Liverpool have to drop points in 2 games.

So the most 'realistic' scenario/hope is
Liverpool vs Chelsea ends in a draw and
Liverpool draw/lose against Palace away.

Don't get your hopes up.

Re: Will we win the Prem (continued)?

wattle said:
Wasn't it nearly two years ago to the day that we drew with Sunderland at home with a late equaliser then all thought that's it. Then over easter we played west brom at home over easter and mullered them and it was back on? Spooky. Not quite over yet!

It was March 31 - a bit earlier, and Sunderland were nowhere near the bedraggled mess of a team they are now. We only had one rival and we still had to play them at home, so there was always that chance of closing the gap.

But overall yes, our plight is perhaps marginally better now. But expecting lightning to strike twice is extreme optimism really. I think we had our QPR game yesterday, and Nasri fluffed the final act.

Re: Will we win the Prem (continued)?

i fear the worst going into the wba game if they both win - we need a big lift, some dropped points elsewhere, similar to everton at o.t. - players might have a bit more belief

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.