Will we win the Prem / Title still possible (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Title still possible

Champions2012! said:
cityfansimon said:
Not read all 11 pages but It's still not that tough for us to win the league. We need to win all 5 games.......then....Chelsea to beat Liverpool and draw one of their remaining 3 games against Sunderland at home, Norwich at home and Cardiff away. We win it on goal difference with the scousers coming second and Chelsea 3rd. Big ask for us to win our 5 remaining games, but it's not impossible.

We're not going to win even one of our remaining games mate

Won't stop you excitedly starting a post match thread though.

Sky Blue said:
Champions2012! said:
cityfansimon said:
Not read all 11 pages but It's still not that tough for us to win the league. We need to win all 5 games.......then....Chelsea to beat Liverpool and draw one of their remaining 3 games against Sunderland at home, Norwich at home and Cardiff away. We win it on goal difference with the scousers coming second and Chelsea 3rd. Big ask for us to win our 5 remaining games, but it's not impossible.

We're not going to win even one of our remaining games mate

Won't stop you excitedly starting a post match thread though.

Don't forget the pre match threads mate

Possible: Yes
Probable: No

Not a great year to win it anyway. Everyone will move on to the World Cup as this years champions become secondary to the fortunes of Wazza and the Ingerrlund boys.

Re: Will we win the Prem (continued)?

lasereyes said:
wattle said:
Wasn't it nearly two years ago to the day that we drew with Sunderland at home with a late equaliser then all thought that's it. Then over easter we played west brom at home over easter and mullered them and it was back on? Spooky. Not quite over yet!

It was March 31 - a bit earlier, and Sunderland were nowhere near the bedraggled mess of a team they are now We only had one rival and we still had to play them at home, so there was always that chance of closing the gap.

But overall yes, our plight is perhaps marginally better now. But expecting lightning to strike twice is extreme optimism really. I think we had our QPR game yesterday, and Nasri fluffed the final act.

Bottom of the league, think their record was LLLLLDL before last night. You've got to laugh really. Cups for cock ups, its just like the old days.

Re: Will we win the Prem (continued)?

Sunderlands form was so bad before our game. And it was hardly surprise when they scored their first goal, really it was coming at that point. We were so bad, hen we needed a big reaction after the league game.

After Pool loss I wrote here that we needed to beat them as we certainly will drop more points in our last games but I was on about dropping points either at Palace, at Everton or both.

Sunderland at home, it didnt even come to my mind.

Now there is nothing that would change my opinion, we will still drop points in our away games possibly. But now we gave chance Pool and Chelsea to do it and they dont have to fear we will punish it. Like if Pool-Chelsea is a draw, Pool doesnt need to worry anymore we catch them.

Also it gave extra motivation for Chelsea and Pool at the weekend.

Will be interesting how Chelsea plays at home vs Sunderland. Have a feeling Mourinho will rip them apart, just what we should have after early lead.

There's 12 games left between the top 3 and we're asking for two of them to be draws or defeats. It's not a big ask.

Personally I'll give it till Monday and see how the players respond. Anything but 100% commitment in all tackles and I'm buying a Panini sticker book and focusing on the world cup.

I am as pessimistic as the next guy but cannot forget that these things can go to the final kick of the final game on the final day of the season - so lets just see how the next couple of games pan out - particularly as the Bin Dippers play host to Chelski and see how the dice land. You just never know,

RegMuffin said:
There's 12 games left between the top 3 and we're asking for two of them to be draws or defeats. It's not a big ask.

Personally I'll give it till Monday and see how the players respond. Anything but 100% commitment in all tackles and I'm buying a Panini sticker book and focusing on the world cup.

You forgot to mention that the big ask also included City scooping up every single available point. That seems a slightly bigger ask.

Second could be a possibility, but team selection will be a big factor. Milner to start over Navas every time. Dzeko over Aguero. Dare I mention Lescott over Demic?

Slightly off topic but I still cannot fathom why managers (not just MP) start with unfit players and bring them off after an hour. In our case it meant having one of the best strikers on the planet withdraw when the game was evidently not won. Fair enough he couldn't do 90 mins but why not bring him on at ht instead of the ludicrous scenario of bringing Rodwell on to win the game in the last 5? (No disrespect to JR but he's no Aguero).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.