Will we win the Prem / Title still possible (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Title still possible

Chelsea-Sunderland tomorrow. Have a feeling Mourinho will show what we should have done to them.

Right up until the end of the Sunderland game I thought we would win it. I had however imagined bad luck or bad refereeing decisions might have cost us and the title had ended up in Merseyside or London.

I never contemplated us blowing it through a couple of inept showings. When it is this close, the side that blinks first usually finds no way back in. We have "blinked" twice now in a matter of days. Right now, I think it's improbable to win it from here but we are actually in a better position than when we hunted United down two seasons ago.

Lets also not forget that most important of all our club's characteristics. The City factor of "Typical".

Drama and chaos are at the heart of our Football Club - and on many occasions we do come up smelling of Roses.

Not a single supporter should give up hope yet.

Damanino said:
Chelsea-Sunderland tomorrow. Have a feeling Mourinho will show what we should have done to them.

Agree. Maureen is undefeated at home. Terry and Cahill wont be so generous. We need to look at another game for Chelsea to slip up.

*prays Wickham plays as well against terry and Cahill as he did Vinny and DMD*

Re: Will we win the Prem (continued)?

Yes we will win the premier league.

Stop being so negative and get behind the team.

Re: Will we win the Prem (continued)?

citymad said:
lasereyes said:
wattle said:
Wasn't it nearly two years ago to the day that we drew with Sunderland at home with a late equaliser then all thought that's it. Then over easter we played west brom at home over easter and mullered them and it was back on? Spooky. Not quite over yet!

It was March 31 - a bit earlier, and Sunderland were nowhere near the bedraggled mess of a team they are now We only had one rival and we still had to play them at home, so there was always that chance of closing the gap.

But overall yes, our plight is perhaps marginally better now. But expecting lightning to strike twice is extreme optimism really. I think we had our QPR game yesterday, and Nasri fluffed the final act.

Bottom of the league, think their record was LLLLLDL before last night. You've got to laugh really. Cups for cock ups, its just like the old days.

Your not kidding. To be frank it was a fucking shambles of a performance considering what was at stake.

I actually thought Sunderland deserved to win

tiggsywiggsywoo said:
You can believe all you want. The truth is this team's not up for it. Proof......Sunderland!!!!

Yep. Have got to agree.

If we are unable to lift ourselves at home at a crucial part of the season against a bottom club then I fear they have already given up and have more than half an eye on Brazil.

AlgarveBlu said:
Kevindxb said:
Esteban de la Sexface said:
We pissed away one chance. I think we will have one more. I don't think we'll take it, but I'm almost certain there will be another opportunity for us to win it.

The hype around the candle burners is too much. There was too much emotion publicly shown on Sunday at the end. They are under massive pressure and don't have the players to cope. Henderson is out, Sturridge possibly too. They don't have a squad.

We pissed away nearly EVERY chance to go on top this season- that the opposite of how you win trophies.

Have we actually been top this season? I honestly can't remember..

Yes, three times that lasted a few days each. Nothing solid or noticeable. Check the chart in comparison to the last two years:

<a class="postlink" href="http://guardian.touch-line.com/?CTID=11&CPID=4&TEID=229&pStr=League_Pos&t=3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://guardian.touch-line.com/?CTID=11 ... ue_Pos&t=3</a>

Kevindxb said:
AlgarveBlu said:
Kevindxb said:
We pissed away nearly EVERY chance to go on top this season- that the opposite of how you win trophies.

Have we actually been top this season? I honestly can't remember..

Yes, three times that lasted a few days each. Nothing solid or noticeable. Check the chart in comparison to the last two years:

<a class="postlink" href="http://guardian.touch-line.com/?CTID=11&CPID=4&TEID=229&pStr=League_Pos&t=3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://guardian.touch-line.com/?CTID=11 ... ue_Pos&t=3</a>

Doesn't make pretty viewing that chart, to be honest.

all i can say its not over till its over. 2 losses for those two and monday could be a whole lot different a game.

assuming we turn up of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.