Will we win the Prem / Title still possible (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Will we win the Prem (continued)?

KippaxCitizen said:
Stoned Rose said:
Celebritykiller said:
Worried Chelsea will rest players at the Liverpool game now for the Semi Final

They 100% wont.

Just as we wouldn't in their position.
Abramovic has seen the difference between a league title win and a CL win does for attracting players. We wanted Hazard as Premier League champions but he chose the European champions. Mourinho has a huge ego with regards to the CL too.

I think Chelsea will still try and win the Prem to a certain extent, but they will be going all out 100% to win the CL again and if that's to the detriment of the Prem then I don't think they'll be arsed one bit.
T
I think you are underestimating the hatred Chelsea have for Liverpool after those "special" European nights at Anfield in the mid 00's.....

Both Ambramovitch and Mourinho won't have forgotten that in a hurry.

If Liverpool beat us and we go into the weekend where they play each other with Liverpool on 80 points, Chelsea on 78 and us on 76, are people seriously suggesting that Chelsea won't try and beat Liverpool, knowing that a slip up for us at Everton or even Palace and it's their title. After 35 games of blood sweat and tears, Mourinho is not going to pass up that opportunity. The mind games will be ramped up etc etc....

Having said that as as previously said, it's up to our players to grasp the opportunity, not rely on other teams players. If they don't then we don't deserve to win it.

If we did lose on Sunday we'd be 7 behind with 6 to go, not too dissimilar to 2 seasons ago.
(8 behind as if you needed reminding)
4 differences

1. We have 2 games in hand so that's a positive
2. We don't have to play them in the final games so that's a negative.
3. There are 3 teams chasing the title, another negative.
4. Win our games in hand and we're just a point behind, another positive.

So what does this tell us, bugger all really so we better not lose on Sunday but if we did it's far from over.

Marvin said:
Feels like we got beat tonight because any margin for error at Anfield has now gone
You post some rubbish, but this up there with the best. "Feels like we got beat tonight" ? FFS, it feels to me like we didn't play, because we didn't, only the french surrender so easily (closely followed by the italians ;o) )

I think Chelsea getting through has strengthened our position.

If they take their eye off the ball a little in the Prem (by only getting a draw at Swansea for starters) how great will the league look if we bag 3 points at Anfield, with home games v Sunderland and West Brom to follow?

I don't think Chelsea's result tonight makes any difference. City have a better team than Liverpool and should get 3 points at Anfield.

robbieh said:
Marvin said:
robbieh said:
Difficult to say how that CL game has affected our chances.

For my money had they gone out Chelsea could easily have won at Liverpool and set us a very challenging points total. As it is they are going to prioritise. Liverpool squeezed between two games against whoever, will mean that. So for me Chelsea will now not be winning the PL.

Which means we only have one challenger now but that challenger will now have one easier game.

So it is all the same really. Win at Anfield and we will be champions.
But if we lose, it's highly unlikely we can rely on CFC to put it back in our hands

Liverpool are the winners tonight.

I think now if we beat Liverpool we don't have to worry about Chelsea, whereas before they could still have been in with a shout. But the downside is lose to Liverpool and well....
Yes, that's probably true

There's no doubt in my mind that this makes Liverpool's chances against Chelsea much better, but as you say it might well be the case that the result at Anfield will bring Chelsea back into the title race which would make tonight's result good for City.

I don't get those fans who are ambivalent about tonight's game

A title race is not just about what we do, but about what our rivals do, and Liverpool are getting every single break possible at the moment

Marvin said:
robbieh said:
Marvin said:
But if we lose, it's highly unlikely we can rely on CFC to put it back in our hands

I think now if we beat Liverpool we don't have to worry about Chelsea, whereas before they could still have been in with a shout. But the downside is lose to Liverpool and well....

There's no doubt in my mind that this makes Liverpool's chances against Chelsea much better, but as you say it might well be the case that the result at Anfield will bring Chelsea back into the title race which would make tonight's result good for City.

A title race is not just about what we do, but about what our rivals do, and Liverpool are getting every single break possible at the moment

Mourinho is on for the double. He wont take it easy at Anfield.

Marvin said:
robbieh said:
Marvin said:

No. You are wrong. Everything is about what we do . We cannot control what others do or don't.

sjk2008 said:
Absolutely staggered that people think Chelsea wont be arsed about the PL now they've reached the CL semis.

Good grief.
That's half the issue. More importantly is the timing

Semi-Final 1st leg 22/23rd April
27th April Liverpool v Chelsea
Semi-Final 2nd leg 29/30th April

If you don't think that's an advantage for Liverpool then I give up.

Of course, if we beat Liverpool, or draw, it may end up working in our favour. I think Chelsea are declining in the Premiership, and that will only accelerate after tonight. But it's just opinion.<br /><br />-- Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:49 pm --<br /><br />
cleavers said:
Marvin said:
Feels like we got beat tonight because any margin for error at Anfield has now gone
You post some rubbish, but this up there with the best. "Feels like we got beat tonight" ? FFS, it feels to me like we didn't play, because we didn't, only the french surrender so easily (closely followed by the italians ;o) )
But it was a very bad result for us. If I was a Liverpool fan, I'd be elated tonight as their 2nd most difficult fixture just got a lot easier

Winning the title is not just about us. It's relative, therefore what's good for our nearest opponent is bad for us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.