Will we win the Prem / Title still possible (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Title still possible

Really up for the game tomorrow, hope everyone else is.

Get the win then we can go to Palace and have a repeat of our Wolves day - watch Chelsea win at Anfield in a Norwood pub then off to Selhurst knowing we're 4 straight wins away from the title. The away end will be electric if that happens and nothing will stop us.<br /><br />-- Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:00 pm --<br /><br />
quiet_riot said:
moomba said:
Or we could just win the rest of our games and hope Chelsea beat Liverpool.

But we'd still need another Liverpool slip up elsewhere.

No we wouldn't.

Re: Will we win the Prem (continued)?

chaddblue said:
bluemc1 said:
if you offered me we win our next 4 they win their next 2 and going into the final game they need to get beat by Newcastle at home and we need to beat West ham i would bite your hand off

If they need to beat Newcastle at home, they will beat them. Newcastle are garbage and have nothing to play for

If they are going to drop the points we need them to drop it has to happen against Chelsea and Palace

Spot on.
And it likely we will also drop points against Everton & Palace.

Its up to City now to try and keep the pressure on Liverpool, not sure anyone believed Norwich would get a result today but it sounds like they gave it a go and Liverpool got nervous. I,d expect (and hope ) Chelsea and Palace will give them more of a game,especially Chelsea after Jose claimed the FA and its refs were handing the league to Liverpool yesterday.

Regular Joe said:
Really up for the game tomorrow, hope everyone else is.

Get the win then we can go to Palace and have a repeat of our Wolves day - watch Chelsea win at Anfield in a Norwood pub then off to Selhurst knowing we're 4 straight wins away from the title. The away end will be electric if that happens and nothing will stop us.

That's the spirit

-- Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:00 pm --

quiet_riot said:
moomba said:
Or we could just win the rest of our games and hope Chelsea beat Liverpool.

But we'd still need another Liverpool slip up elsewhere.

No we wouldn't.

-- Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:04 pm --

dcj said:
Its up to City now to try and keep the pressure on Liverpool, not sure anyone believed Norwich would get a result today but it sounds like they gave it a go and Liverpool got nervous. I,d expect (and hope ) Chelsea and Palace will give them more of a game,especially Chelsea after Jose claimed the FA and its refs were handing the league to Liverpool yesterday.
Agreed<br /><br />-- Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:06 pm --<br /><br />
rnblade said:
If we concentrate on wining the next game first, that's a start. Don't focus on anything beyond the next match.
It's all we can do.
It's the dippers title to lose now.

Good post mate

Titles gone now.no ref or officialls are going to go against them now.were getting desperate thinking of if Chelsea can get this or palace can get that.there going to drop points etc.it hasn't happened and it looks highley unlikely that they will.next season we must learn that all them early away games are crucial and no more cock ups like this season.if we learn from that then I see no reason why we can't have a very good season and win it back.

Palace is the one that bothers me the most. We've done well at home against other top teams, and I think we'll manage to get a draw against Chelsea. Where we've struggled is away to the 'smaller' teams. Pulis has Palace so well drilled at the back, so there'll be no easy goals like Norwich gave us today.

Not sure my heart can take this.

Title has gone :(

Second year in a row we have not challenged to the end and lost the will to fight for the title... All this fight to the end talk only works if the players actually show a bit of fight and courage on the field...

NMB said:
Stoned Rose

Location: Standing alone without a dream in my heart wthout a love of my own
Postby Stoned Rose » Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:26 pm

NMB wrote:
Postby Stoned Rose » Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:50 pm

Everton will absolutely arsehole us at Goodison.

I've watched them v Liverpool, Arsenal and Utd now and they really are a very very good and determined side.

If we had 3/4 of their determination and steel we'd have pissed this league by March.

Was that the game in January against Liverpool because it was over after about 10 minutes as their steely determination saw them grind out a 0-4 defeat? They showed similar grit last wednesday against Palace. Why can't posters have a bit more confidence in our team? A couple of unfavourable results and they (the posters on this site that is) go to pieces. It's no wonder that Liverpool are top of the league. You might hate them but their supporters have carried them there while our look like a sad reflection of them.

No. I'm referring to the other derby. 3-3 I think it was.

So , on the grounds that they were able to force a draw with Liverpool , you feel that they will "arsehole" us? Oh ye of little faith. Shame on you.

No. on the grounds of all 3 games (as I referred to explicitly in my post). They were excellent in all 3 games.

Might be a hard concept for some, but a team can actually play extremely well and draw (and even lose). The result isn't always the best indicator of performance.

Added to this the fact they've only lost twice at home all season and the fact they play the very in your face, quick, aggressive style we struggle with I think my prediction is based on pretty solid grounds.

I might be wrong (I hope I am) and we might leather them 5-0, but it all points to us getting beat imo.

bluegoal said:
Title has gone :(

Second year in a row we have not challenged to the end and lost the will to fight for the title... All this fight to the end talk only works if the players actually show a bit of fight and courage on the field...
If we win all our remaining games then we will have challenged to the end. What's more Liverpool would have to take something from their very last game. That is not capitulation. Not yet at least.

Having said that we do look a little jaded

Its not looking likely, I've said on another thread it just looks like the scouse have captured lightning in a bottle this season and I would be amazed to see them blow it now. No sure why people are so adamant Chelsea can win there next week, wouldnt be surprised to see the dippers dick them but I will live in hope just like I did a couple of years ago.

We have made a rod for our own back this season with some poor performances also injuries and unbelievable individual mistakes have kicked us right in the crotch, playing a huge part.

We need to make sure we wrap up second now (anything else will be an unexpected miracle for me) and the caliber of performance we saw against Sunderland just wont cut the mustard, I can handle losing but I cannot stomach us looking like we just dont give a fuck. Injuries and available personnel aside, we more than have the players to take care of West Brom then look forward and hope Yaya, Silva et al are back.

I do back the manager but had to wonder what the fuck after Sunderland...first time I've questioned him all season, just didnt seem to be able to get the team up for it which doesnt sit well with me, especially with a slim shot at the title at stake. I believe his remit next year will be first and foremost to win the league (after I'm assuming 2 years of second place) and further progression in the CL. If we dont, in will come another new face wanting to spend a fortune and we start all over again.

Its time we gripped this fucking league by the throat and kept hold of it, we have too much going for us to keep being the affable runners up, fuck that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.