Will we win the Prem / Title still possible (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yessssssss the BPL Title IS still possible!

Come on guys, lets spread a little optimism across this forum tonight; it costs us nothing to "look on the bright side of life!"

Norwich seriously threatened the dippers today and we all saw them wobble and nearly choke!

As they get closer to the end of the season the pressure will increase; their young players haven't got the experience of winning the BPL, so I still think we're in with a chance, albeit it's currently out of our hands!

Yes, we haven't played well since loosing to the dippers (second half was a better performance to be honest) but that's my point! If we can kick on tomorrow night with a 3 or 4 nil victory and win our remaining fixtures, then that will add to the dipper's pressure.

Sure, we're relying on Chelski battering the dippers, but I think Mourinho has a point to prove now and I think Pullis and Crystal Palace can get a least a draw on the last day? At that point they will be seriously wondering whether they can hold it together; we've been there with our players!

We all need to get behind the boys, inspire them with our chanting and singing and send a clear message to the team that we "believe!"

Just imagine another final day victory to win the BPL, I cant wait, bring it on. CTID

Re: Title still possible

Lord BLue said:
bluegoal said:
Title has gone :(

Second year in a row we have not challenged to the end and lost the will to fight for the title... All this fight to the end talk only works if the players actually show a bit of fight and courage on the field...
If we win all our remaining games then we will have challenged to the end. What's more Liverpool would have to take something from their very last game. That is not capitulation. Not yet at least.

Having said that we do look a little jaded
That's fair enough. But I expect a reaction from City tomorrow

If we beat WBA, Liverpool know one defeat and it's out of their hands

Lord BLue said:
bluegoal said:

Second year in a row we have not challenged to the end and lost the will to fight for the title... All this fight to the end talk only works if the players actually show a bit of fight and courage on the field...
If we win all our remaining games then we will have challenged to the end. What's more Liverpool would have to take something from their very last game. That is not capitulation. Not yet at least.

Well said ... Look this title is not over until it's mathematically certain . Until that time I expect City to challenge for everything possible even if they do look a bit jaded. Title is not over yet .

Re: Yessssssss the BPL Title IS still possible!

Minchroadster said:
Come on guys, lets spread a little optimism across this forum tonight; it costs us nothing to "look on the bright side of life!"

Norwich seriously threatened the dippers today and we all saw them wobble and nearly choke!

As they get closer to the end of the season the pressure will increase; their young players haven't got the experience of winning the BPL, so I still think we're in with a chance, albeit it's currently out of our hands!

Yes, we haven't played well since loosing to the dippers (second half was a better performance to be honest) but that's my point! If we can kick on tomorrow night with a 3 or 4 nil victory and win our remaining fixtures, then that will add to the dipper's pressure.

Sure, we're relying on Chelski battering the dippers, but I think Mourinho has a point to prove now and I think Pullis and Crystal Palace can get a least a draw on the last day? At that point they will be seriously wondering whether they can hold it together; we've been there with our players!

We all need to get behind the boys, inspire them with our chanting and singing and send a clear message to the team that we "believe!"

Just imagine another final day victory to win the BPL, I cant wait, bring it on. CTID
One thing that the Scousers have over us at the moment is their support.

We are running out of games now for them to slip up. I fancied both West Ham and Norwich to take a point of them and just like any other season I don't fancy going to Goodison.

We are still in with a chance though. Now's the time for Jose to put all that spite and hatred to good use.

Re: Yessssssss the BPL Title IS still possible!

Minchroadster said:

[Excellent post mate . We need that fighting spirit that never accepts defeat until it's actually over ]

Marvin said:
Lord BLue said:
bluegoal said:

That's true but you just know the players will run out to a half empty stadium tomorrow with a listless atmosphere. I acknowledge they are paid a lot of money to overcome this and produce a 100% performance but I just wonder if the Anfield crowd has given the dippers the edge at times this season.

If they were in the same situation as we are now ie potentially within 3 points of the title with their rivals about to play 2 tough games, they would be all over it.

We used to be like that.

BL2blue said:
Marvin said:
Lord BLue said:

That's true but you just know the players will run out to a half empty stadium tomorrow with a listless atmosphere. I acknowledge they are paid a lot of money to overcome this and produce a 100% performance but I just wonder if the Anfield crowd has given the dippers the edge at times this season.

If they were in the same situation as we are now ie potentially within 3 points of the title with their rivals about to play 2 tough games, they would be all over it.

We used to be like that.
I'm not sure. In 2012 we thought we'd thrown it away and there was a lot of grumbles and discontent, and then we got a second chance and the belief surged

Everything is reminding me of 2012, and I'm sure there's a lot of blues who are beginning to think that lightening might strike twice.

Marvin said:
BL2blue said:
Marvin said:
Lord BLue said:

We used to be like that.
I'm not sure. In 2012 we thought we'd thrown it away and there was a lot of grumbles and discontent, and then we got a second chance and the belief surged

Everything is reminding me of 2012, and I'm sure there's a lot of blues who are beginning to think that lightening might strike twice.

Hope so Marvin, and we need Chelsea to do us a favour (which I think they will) However we are in a title race and the ground should be fucking bouncing,

Revolver said:
tiggsywiggsywoo said:
2 points out of the last 9 games.!!!!!!!

Eh!

Sorry 2 points out of the last 9 available of course.
Try again, arithmetic not a strong point ?

Southampton W 4-1
Liverpool L 3-2
Sunderland D 2-2

Its below par, but most teams have lost at anfield.....

Second time today that I've corrected this myth by the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.