Will we win the Prem / Title still possible (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everton, like the pathetic smalltime cunts they are, will come out of the blocks like fucking lunatics next week and the usual pundit dickheads will marvel at their team spirit and mental strength blah blah blah.

Where the fuck was that today ?

Riddick said:
The lack of class on here by some posters is disappointing tbh. While it is not done and dusted, if Liverpool win the title then they deserve it, just like we did in 2012.

I saw a stat, 8th of April, that said Liverpool players had missed a total of 107 league games, ours at the time was 77.

Luck? I've seen them score some really unlucky OGs, and they had things go against them at our place and at Chelsea, where the refs did them no favours. We were screwed at Anfield but this evens out our first game. They had decisions in their favour at West Ham and Old Trafford but also had decisions go against them in those matches so I don't get the penalty excuse either.

Not good enough to win it? I've seen them rip the likes of Arsenal and Everton etc to shreds, and have won thier last 11 games. They've played great football and are more than the sum of their parts.

If we don't win it then we don't deserve to and we should look at the points dropped against poor teams and where we have failed and stop deluding ourselves as that helps no one.

I know you're trying to be a contrarian, but this is just not correct. Liverpool's "bad luck" at Etihad was not cancelled out by what happened at Anfield. Firstly, Sterling might not have scored from the wrong-offside call (we stopped playing). More to the point, we had 4 critical decisions go against us: penalty should-have-beens on Dzeko and Silva; Skrtel's volleyball; and Suarez's non-red card. Against that you can say Suarez could have had a penalty against Kompany, but he should never have been on the field at that point. So Liverpool might have got a draw at Etihad, but we should have clearly won at Anfield. That would be 3pt swing to us, which is basically the difference between the teams in the league at the moment.

Add to that the numerous penalties they have got (by far most in the league) including game-winning ones as at West Ham and playing Chelsea sandwiched between the CL semi finals, that's a huge amount running their way. And far more luck than we had in 2011/12.

The wheel of fortune will swing round for sure and even if they make it this season, I don't think you will see another Liverpool title for the next decade.

lasereyes said:
Riddick said:
The lack of class on here by some posters is disappointing tbh. While it is not done and dusted, if Liverpool win the title then they deserve it, just like we did in 2012.

I saw a stat, 8th of April, that said Liverpool players had missed a total of 107 league games, ours at the time was 77.

Luck? I've seen them score some really unlucky OGs, and they had things go against them at our place and at Chelsea, where the refs did them no favours. We were screwed at Anfield but this evens out our first game. They had decisions in their favour at West Ham and Old Trafford but also had decisions go against them in those matches so I don't get the penalty excuse either.

Not good enough to win it? I've seen them rip the likes of Arsenal and Everton etc to shreds, and have won thier last 11 games. They've played great football and are more than the sum of their parts.

If we don't win it then we don't deserve to and we should look at the points dropped against poor teams and where we have failed and stop deluding ourselves as that helps no one.

I know you're trying to be a contrarian, but this is just not correct. Liverpool's "bad luck" at Etihad was not cancelled out by what happened at Anfield. Firstly, Sterling might not have scored from the wrong-offside call (we stopped playing). More to the point, we had 4 critical decisions go against us: penalty should-have-beens on Dzeko and Silva; Skrtel's volleyball; and Suarez's non-red card. Against that you can say Suarez could have had a penalty against Kompany, but he should never have been on the field at that point. So Liverpool might have got a draw at Etihad, but we should have clearly won at Anfield. That would be 3pt swing to us, which is basically the difference between the teams in the league at the moment.

Add to that the numerous penalties they have got (by far most in the league) including game-winning ones as at West Ham and playing Chelsea sandwiched between the CL semi finals, that's a huge amount running their way. And far more luck than we had in 2011/12.

The wheel of fortune will swing round for sure and even if they make it this season, I don't think you will see another Liverpool title for the next decade.
The best team always wins the league. Every team get decisions, a week before the liverpool game our second goal vs southampton was clearly offside. You win some you lose some.

lasereyes said:

Even if it was a 4 point swing, it's not that simple as if every decision was corrected who is to say who would be top? That offside decision v Southampton changed a game we were getting outplayed in. We needed a Mannone howler to even keep us in the title race. We're no stranger to luck ourselves. Just cos we got absolutely screwed at Anfield doesn't mean that is how the season has went as a whole, with it all going well for them and bad for us.

Your point about the West Ham penalty is just another example of bias. Carroll punched Mignolet in the face for West Ham's goal so that evened out.

Can you name me penalties they shouldn't have had? They got one v Man U from a dive but they could have had a few more in that game. Their pace and direct running earns them alot of pens, that's just how it is. I was livid when people said we were lucky to win the title cos Man U threw it away. NO. We deserved it, as every title winner does.

greasedupdeafguy said:
lasereyes said:
Riddick said:

The best team always wins the league. Every team get decisions, a week before the liverpool game our second goal vs southampton was clearly offside. You win some you lose some.

We won that game 4-1. Hardly comparable.

Goals change games, we struggling til that offside goal.

West Ham were given a goal that was a clear foul so that penalty given to Liverpool is irrelevant.

They have however had good fortune on the face of it with Chelsea's CL campaign, we will see how that plays out tomorrow. Although I do remember them having to play us and Chelsea away within 4 days of each other at the end of the already congested Christmas period though and they lost both games. They looked wrecked at Stamford Bridge.

I'm sorry but to say that whoever wins the title doesn't deserve it is an opinion you can only get away with on an internet forum.

lasereyes said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
lasereyes said:

We won that game 4-1. Hardly comparable.

Sunderland x 2, Villa, Cardiff, Stoke, Norwich.......3 points out of 18.

If we don't win the league we should be examining that piss poor set of results not how refs have performed!

We'll know tomorrow at the final whistle at Anfield whether we can still do it. If Liverpool win the game then it's over and we're out of our misery at least. Chelsea win and City win then we will win the league. Sounds easy!!

Santiago Street . said:
Everton, like the pathetic smalltime cunts they are, will come out of the blocks like fucking lunatics next week and the usual pundit dickheads will marvel at their team spirit and mental strength blah blah blah.

Where the fuck was that today ?

Its true this ...they seem to really go all out when its us

Well if Palace/Everton will raise their game we just have to do the same, what other time do we want to raise our game?
play like its a cup final, this is the time to do that...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.