Will you attend City games if we join a European Super League?

Would you attend?

• Yes

Votes: 99 10.5%
  • No

Votes: 706 75.2%
  • Depends on what the plans are

Votes: 149 15.9%

• Total voters
It could all implode, fans in other leagues surely won’t be happy with this, empty stadiums would be a joke, yes I know we have them now but let’s be honest it’s shit. We don’t even fill our place for champions league nights, we haven’t got the tourists to do it week in week out, this could be the straw that breaks footballs back.
They don’t care, the target audience is not the traditional football fan it’s the global Tv audience who again probably don’t care about the crowd in stadia they have already got use to it and as they develop the technology the crowd effect noise will become better (ironically) Then there are the tourists who they sell packages to, they will turn up and spend even more money in club shops Just think of the revenue for pay per view that they don’t have to share with the likes of Burnley or Crystal Palace We are basically fucked unless the players refuse

I'd still attend domestic games if we were to somehow remain in the league and I'd use them to voice my anger at this but I wouldn't give a single penny to support this farce. I'd like to say I wouldn't even watch the games but in reality I would, I'd just do it illegally, I'd boycott anything sponsoring it too in the same way I boycott united sponsors, makes no impact in reality but its for my own little peace of mind.

Doesn't matter if they're reluctant backers or spearheading the proposal, they've put their name to it and i'm ashamed my club is linked to this.

Senior Uefa figures are furious that 12 major European clubs, including the 'big six' from England, have signed up to a breakaway European Super League.

Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Manchester City, Manchester United and Tottenham are part of the group.
La Liga's Atletico Madrid, Barcelona and Real Madrid and Serie A's AC Milan, Inter Milan and Juventus are involved.

Uefa said it will use "all measures available" to stop the "cynical project" of a breakaway Super League.

None of the clubs involved have commented yet but it is thought a statement is likely to be released later on Sunday.

Martin Samuel...

"The big six of English football have signed letters of intent to join a new European Super League, which will be announced at 9.30pm on Sunday night.

Manchester City were the last to agree, on Saturday, joining Manchester United, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea and Tottenham in the breakaway, which will spell the end of competition in domestic and European football as we know it."

:-(

From the little we know at present its a no from me. The thrill of the week in week out rivalries with fellow english clubs cannot be replaced playing europes elite, as much as i enjoy the european away trips.

I’d imagine our owners are stuck between a rock and a hard place here.
If 5 or so of the biggest Premier League clubs do breakaway, that would leave a very average Premier League tbh.
It’s not what they invested in.
They are after all businessmen .
I think there is too much money at stake with the Billions involved,
(No doubt Bezos will have his fingers in this,) to be left behind.

you can’t defend this at all. If our owners cared about our club or it’s fans they wouldn’t even consider it. It’s pure greed

This goes beyond money

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.