Will you attend City games if we join a European Super League?

Would you attend?

• Yes

Votes: 99 10.5%
  • No

Votes: 706 75.2%
  • Depends on what the plans are

Votes: 149 15.9%

• Total voters
The reports say a 20 team league with home and away matches right? If that's the case I dont see how anyone could play in a domestic league too. Or, they would put a second string side out virtually every domestic game. So as a City fan the domestic matches would be vastly inferior, if they even happen. Meanwhile the european matches outside of England would have no, or very few away fans. Who the fuck can afford to go to 15 european aways every season? The atmosphere in the stadia would be even worse than it is now. Football designed for TV. Which is precisely what the people who own and run football want now. It's a moot point for me at the moment living in Germany, but if it was as I've described above I wouldn't go to matches even if/when I move back to Manchester.

Would l want to join that gang of unsavoury characters. No thank you.
These Yanks walk in and take over mug clubs like United and now want to take over the
top teams in the league? Just look at the owners of just the English clubs. What a unsavoury bunch.
I suspect it might be a bargaining position to force UEFA to bring in some rubbish expanded CL format.

I have not seen it confirmed who the five clubs are. United are nailed on as are Chelsea and Liverpool. Almost certainly Arsenal and either City or Spurs.

One good thing is it will save me a fortune. No more travelling from Edinburgh to Manchester for home matches, no more Sky TV subscriptions.

Well it’s been nice watching City since 1963. I would hate it to end this way. I will have to be content to watch football in Scotland. Can anyone persuade the bastards to take Rangers and Celtic with them?

Talksport saying no french or german teams involved , it would be made up of English teams , spanish & italian teams.
Can't see it getting off the ground if true?
German clubs need approval from their fans apparently so you Real and Barca PSG chairman sits in UEFA board so in a difficult position at the moment

Last edited:
I suspect it might be a bargaining position to force UEFA to bring in some rubbish expanded CL format.

I have not seen it confirmed who the five clubs are. United are nailed on as are Chelsea and Liverpool. Almost certainly Arsenal and either City or Spurs.

One good thing is it will save me a fortune. No more travelling from Edinburgh to Manchester for home matches, no more Sky TV subscriptions.

Well it’s been nice watching City since 1963. I would hate it to end this way. I will have to be content to watch football in Scotland. Can anyone persuade the bastards to take Rangers and Celtic with them?
United Chelsea Liverpool Arsenal and Spurs. It’s being said that City have also agreed

What’s an expanded CL going to involve?
If anything they should be reducing the number of teams in it
Once they start letting in teams who haven’t finished in the top 4 in their domestic league, or won the Europa, its gone for me

the fact the money splits and guaranteed entry makes it clear what it's about, the status quo want guarantees of these additions into the CL format so they can dictate that competition every year and take their dividends.

Everything else is just noise, it's just a play to UEFA saying "give us these terms or else".

What’s an expanded CL going to involve?
If anything they should be reducing the number of teams in it
Once they start letting in teams who haven’t finished in the top 4 in their domestic league, or won the Europa, its gone for me
They probably just do away with 2 legged ties.

I’m a City fan, I supported them when we were shit, really shit at times, so I guess I’d go.
Depending on cost of tickets.
I hardly go to many champions league games because of cost.
I can just about afford my season ticket.
However I hope it doesn’t happen.
Getting into bed with the yanks and the cunts doesn’t sit well, especially since these cunts tried to get us banned.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.