Will you attend City games if we join a European Super League?

Would you attend?

• Yes

Votes: 99 10.5%
  • No

Votes: 706 75.2%
  • Depends on what the plans are

Votes: 149 15.9%

• Total voters
The timing of this is unbelievable, due to pandemic people have got used to not going to games. This gives lots of people an easy reason to stop going. Be interesting as season ticket applications probably due soon. I’m torn but if my close friends stop going so will I. Had st for (6 years.

Borefest of the CL group stages, you mean when the big teams play the smaller teams , that dream of playing the likes of Barca , Real , Bayern and even City.
The super league would be right up your street , no need to play Shakhtar, could play the big teams every week then.
I'd use the term big teams in the loosest sense of the word.

I actually see this as part of a vast phenomenon, which I'd call the dematerialisation of society, and it's been going on for quite some time. You see it through Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc (none of which I have ever frequented, nor will), where it's seen as important that someone on the other side of the world who you have never met and never will meet has ‘liked’ your meal at the restaurant, or ‘liked’ the setting of the pub you're having a pint in. You have hundreds of ‘friends’. Perhaps you have an online dalliance with a woman or man you'll never meet.
By analogy, you are a ‘fan’ of this or that club because you see them through a screen while you sit in your Juventus/Barca/City/Liverpool/Real top.
Covid has only accelerated this process of living life through the proxy of a television or computer screen. People have endless Zoom meetings. Everybody complains about it, everybody submits to it.
I draw a hard distinction — purely a private thing, take it or leave it, many won't accept it — between being a fan and being a supporter. A supporter materially supports and contributes to their club, and not simply by being the loudest mouth down the pub.

Make no mistake: if this goes ahead, it really doesn't matter if there are supporters there or not. They are sidelined. The money they bring in through the turnstiles is as nothing compared to the global broadcasting rights which allow someone who has literally never set foot in Maine Road or the Etihad, indeed has never set foot in the UK, to watch their football as consumers. The voice and passion of supporters is not in the stadium? No matter. You can fabricate ersatz crowd noise vaguely related to what's going on on the pitch. The players are not happy? They'll be paid even more of a fortune than they're paid now. They'll shut their mouths, believe it.

If this goes ahead, it is the end of something that has given me great pleasure (also great pain), and great meaning.
I shall always be a City supporter in my heart — I have no choice — but I shall refuse being transformed from a supporter into what I have defined as a fan. I refuse being shunted from being an agent of my club's fortunes — in however tiny a way — to being an inert consumer.
I’d go with this. Been thinking it for a while, and like you said COVID has just accelerated us 10 years down the line in 1 year. Look at these new NFT’s. People paying thousands of pounds to own ‘data’. It doesn’t exist

I actually see this as part of a vast phenomenon, which I'd call the dematerialisation of society, and it's been going on for quite some time. You see it through Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc (none of which I have ever frequented, nor will), where it's seen as important that someone on the other side of the world who you have never met and never will meet has ‘liked’ your meal at the restaurant, or ‘liked’ the setting of the pub you're having a pint in. You have hundreds of ‘friends’. Perhaps you have an online dalliance with a woman or man you'll never meet.
By analogy, you are a ‘fan’ of this or that club because you see them through a screen while you sit in your Juventus/Barca/City/Liverpool/Real top.
Covid has only accelerated this process of living life through the proxy of a television or computer screen. People have endless Zoom meetings. Everybody complains about it, everybody submits to it.
I draw a hard distinction — purely a private thing, take it or leave it, many won't accept it — between being a fan and being a supporter. A supporter materially supports and contributes to their club, and not simply by being the loudest mouth down the pub.

Make no mistake: if this goes ahead, it really doesn't matter if there are supporters there or not. They are sidelined. The money they bring in through the turnstiles is as nothing compared to the global broadcasting rights which allow someone who has literally never set foot in Maine Road or the Etihad, indeed has never set foot in the UK, to watch their football as consumers. The voice and passion of supporters is not in the stadium? No matter. You can fabricate ersatz crowd noise vaguely related to what's going on on the pitch. The players are not happy? They'll be paid even more of a fortune than they're paid now. They'll shut their mouths, believe it.

If this goes ahead, it is the end of something that has given me great pleasure (also great pain), and great meaning.
I shall always be a City supporter in my heart — I have no choice — but I shall refuse being transformed from a supporter into what I have defined as a fan. I refuse being shunted from being an agent of my club's fortunes — in however tiny a way — to being an inert consumer.
Spot on that!

The first ever official English Football season was 1888. All clubs have had ups and downs, glory and despair. It is why our game went global and is the most watched, supported and loved sport in history. We are at this moment at the top of the tree. If this happened 15 years ago, we wouldn't be invited. Why as supporters did we start to go? Why did we continue to go? If your answer is because we were one of the best teams and were always likely to win trophies, i assume you will love this idea. If however you went, fell in love with everything from the tea lady to the poorly lit Kippax. The usually perfect Etihad pitch and the magnificent and humorous support. The people you've become friends with because of Our club, and the places you've visited following the Blues away, i imagine this leaves a bad taste, and an emptiness. Nothing will be the same now that they have joined the greedy cartel. Thanks Mansour and the rest, you've dirtied my club.

Personally I’m gutted we’ve signed up to this project of greed. It’s highly likely there would be a Premeir League breakaway which would see the end of domestic football for us. I personally would find it hard to go back to the Etihad if this happened. City will always be my club but it won’t be the same feeling.
im a true blue
but the thought of joining a euro football league is beyond the scope of the every day fan,
The club are not thinking of the Fans
We have history we have local pride we are a Manchester club through and through.
its not all about money or is it what about the Fans
Lets get back to the Maine road days
City fans real Fans thats what we are,
Our owners are thinking of the money what about the fans
Can you be able to buy a ticket
will you be able to go to away games
Then if you dont bother how much will it cost to watch on TV
BT Sports
Sky TV
Euro super league channel
Half empty stadiums as Fans wont be able to afford it
What next.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.