William and Kate [Merged]

Re: Bill and Kate.

urmston said:
nijinsky's fetlocks said:
Public sector workers in this country actually get less bank holidays than any other country in Europe,as most of them seem to get a day off for every saint ever invented.
I don't think anyone will make you liable for a days pay for every public employee.
Surely that would be the Governments responsibility?

I will be liable to pay for a day off for public sector workers. The government pays them with my money and that of all taxpayers. If private company owners feel the need to celebrate this wedding by giving their staff a day off then that's their private affair, but as a member of the public which employs public sector staff I don't want them to have another day off at my expense.

Compared to most people in the UK, public secor workers already get very generous holiday allowance - they also get short working weeks and plenty of sick days!

If the government does give public sector staff a day off for this wedding it will show that we can afford to sack even more of them.

That is truly bizarre logic - by giving public sector workers a days holiday it shows that we can do without them?
Actually,you are right - after all,who needs hospital,schools,firemen,the police,(ok,not a great example),the National Health Service,libraries or refuse collectors?
The average nurse already works on average 12 hours unpaid overtime per week,so we can certainly do with less nurses.
God forbid we give them a day off for their troubles.

brooklandsblue2.0 said:
Pigeonho said:
Listening to Talksport about an interesting debate about smoking in pubs when Porky Parry interrupted to say there is 'interesting breaking news'.
'Clarence house confirm the engagement of Prince William and Kate Middleton'. The news broadcaster then said 'it will be good for the country, something to unite us all and for us all to get involved in'.

1. Does anyone care?
2. How the fuck can we get involved, and why would we want too?

That is probably the least significant breaking news i've ever heard, ever.

Congratulations to them both! I would rather we 'piss away' money on our royal family who are tireless workers and bring millions into the country than scrotes, who rob from the state and wouldn't know a hard days work if it smacked them in their turkey twizzler filled gobs.

These 'scrotes' you mention....I'm sure if they were offered a life-swap with any prominent member of the Royal family the huge majority of them would jump at the offer.

Lucky Toma said:
brooklandsblue2.0 said:
Congratulations to them both! I would rather we 'piss away' money on our royal family who are tireless workers and bring millions into the country than scrotes, who rob from the state and wouldn't know a hard days work if it smacked them in their turkey twizzler filled gobs.

These 'scrotes' you mention....I'm sure if they were offered a life-swap with any prominent member of the Royal family the huge majority of them would jump at the offer.

Nah, they wouldn't be able to sit on their arses drinking cheap lager and watching Jermey Kyle all day.

BB, I'm sure if they had two legs (to get into their chauffuer-driven Jag and then to stand for an hour or two whilst people fawn over you and generally treat you...well, like royalty); and an arm to shake those people's hands; and a mouth to pop the finest canapes into whilst making banal small-talk......I'm positive these supposedly lazy 'scrotes' would be willing to work so 'tirelessly' at doing these awful daily chores.
In return for vast wealth and privilege of course.

Lucky Toma said:
BB, I'm sure if they had two legs (to get into their chauffuer-driven Jag and then to stand for an hour or two whilst people fawn over you and generally treat you...well, like royalty); and an arm to shake those people's hands; and a mouth to pop the finest canapes into whilst making banal small-talk......I'm positive these supposedly lazy 'scrotes' would be willing to work so 'tirelessly' at doing these awful daily chores.

It's not worth the effort,Toma.
He lives in Trafford,where the 'scrote' count is notoriously high,so it does tend to cloud the judgement of one who is already unhinged to start with.
I'm still wondering just who Jermey Kyle is.

Lucky Toma said:

It's not worth the effort,Toma.
He lives in Trafford,where the 'scrote' count is notoriously high,so it does tend to cloud the judgement of one who is already unhinged to start with.
I'm still wondering just who Jermey Kyle is.

He is BB's idol and general role-model. Someone he wishes he could emulate but alas the television companies told him his hair colour would frighten younger viewers.

I've got nothing against the Royal family per se (although, as with most families, there are a few massive bell-ends). Its just how the world is.
But it is a touch beyond the pail to suggest they work 'tirelessly'.
At best it could be described as conscientious attendance (at events, shows etc).

urmston said:
I will be liable to pay for a day off for public sector workers. The government pays them with my money and that of all taxpayers. If private company owners feel the need to celebrate this wedding by giving their staff a day off then that's their private affair, but as a member of the public which employs public sector staff I don't want them to have another day off at my expense.

Compared to most people in the UK, public secor workers already get very generous holiday allowance - they also get short working weeks and plenty of sick days!

If the government does give public sector staff a day off for this wedding it will show that we can afford to sack even more of them.

That is truly bizarre logic - by giving public sector workers a days holiday it shows that we can do without them?
Actually,you are right - after all,who needs hospital,schools,firemen,the police,(ok,not a great example),the National Health Service,libraries or refuse collectors?
The average nurse already works on average 12 hours unpaid overtime per week,so we can certainly do with less nurses.

I want nurses at work when they are paid with my money, not at home having a day off just because someone famous happens to be getting married.

Any nurse unhappy with the terms and conditions of the job can resign.

A working year is approx 230 days. One day is approx 0.4 % of that. If we can manage with 99.6% of public staff in 2011 just because Prince William is getting maried then we can do it every year. we could sack another 0.4% of them, about 20,000 people.

Waste of space, a drain on the public money and backbone oof class snobbery in Britain.

This is bread and circuses to keep the plebs happy.

Republic, now , please.

urmston said:

I want nurses at work when they are paid with my money, not at home having a day off just because someone famous happens to be getting married.

Any nurse unhappy with the terms and conditions of the job can resign.

A working year is approx 230 days. One day is approx 0.4 % of that. If we can manage with 99.6% of public staff in 2011 just because Prince William is getting maried then we can do it every year. we could sack another 0.4% of them, about 20,000 people.

Your logic is so skewed as to be almost impressive in its idiocy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.