Willy Caballero - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would think it is plausible that a defence could feel under differing levels of stress depending on who the keeper is behind them (amongst other factors). I'm not necessarily saying it is the case and that having Bravo behind them definitely undermines the defenders to some extent or other but I certainly wouldn't dismiss it as being silly and biased. If anyone is biased it is you. You're clearly rock hard for Bravo.
What you have written and what I have questioned are not addressing the same thing.

Anything is 'plausible'. Perhaps they felt more stressed having Willy behind them and played more cautiously and thus safer. Plausible. Perhaps they felt less stressed and more comfortable. Plausible. Perhaps the opposition put little pressure making the feelings about the keeper irrelevant. Plausible.
Sure, anything is plausible. But I never questioned that.

What I questioned or found nauseating was the 'fake' facts: I.e. "seeing the calmness or comfort" because Willy was in. It's how people fool themselves into believing a a nonfact. That's what I questioned. As you can see it has nothing to do with your response. Which is simply a nuanced statement on what's plausible.

But for what it's worth, the fact that I have on multiple occasions stated that I would have benched Bravo the las 2 weeks suggests you are probably wrong about me having a "hard on for Bravo", and thus your conclusion that I might be biased is probably wrong too.

But just to be nuanced, it is plausible that you are right.but probable? Nah!!!

What you have written and what I have questioned are not addressing the same thing.

Anything is 'plausible'. Perhaps they felt more stressed having Willy behind them and played more cautiously and thus safer. Plausible. Perhaps they felt less stressed and more comfortable. Plausible. Perhaps the opposition put little pressure making the feelings about the keeper irrelevant. Plausible.
Sure, anything is plausible. But I never questioned that.

What I questioned or found nauseating was the 'fake' facts: I.e. "seeing the calmness or comfort" because Willy was in. It's how people fool themselves into believing a a nonfact. That's what I questioned. As you can see it has nothing to do with your response. Which is simply a nuanced statement on what's plausible.

But for what it's worth, the fact that I have on multiple occasions stated that I would have benched Bravo the las 2 weeks suggests you are probably wrong about me having a "hard on for Bravo", and thus your conclusion that I might be biased is probably wrong too.

But just to be nuanced, it is plausible that you are right.but probable? Nah!!!
So it is plausible that who is in goal behind a defence affects defenders but people suggesting that they notice the defence look calmer with Willy there is "silly and biased" and furthermore "makes you want to puke"? Fair enough, if it is plausible I'd have thought that it is possible they are right but obviously you know best. You strike me as someone who too often talks in riddles to try to prove you are right and others are wrong. You may have said Bravo should be benched but I have read lots of your posts in recent weeks about Bravo and I think you are biased but that is just my opinion. All irrelevant, the bottom line is we concede fewer goals with Willy in nets and it isn't even because Willy is an especially good keeper IMO it's because Bravo has been wank since he joined us. I'm sure you will have some incredible stat up your sleeve or better still some tedious linguistic argument that suggests otherwise though.

So it is plausible that who is in goal behind a defence affects defenders but people suggesting that they notice the defence look calmer with Willy there is "silly and biased" and furthermore "makes you want to puke"? Fair enough, if it is plausible I'd have thought that it is possible they are right but obviously you know best.
I haven't said it's not possible they are right. I'm just saying it's more likely bias that they see than any calmness.

Even if the players were medically tested and found to be 'in fact calmer,' to attribute the extra calmness to Willy's presence is still a huge leap. Even you can see that from the way you are writing. The inability to see that it's a stretch to make that leap yes 'annoys me' ( the puking part was me being hyperbolic :p)

You strike me as someone who too often talks in riddles to try to prove you are right and others are wrong. You may have said Bravo should be benched but I have read lots of your posts in recent weeks about Bravo and I think you are biased but that is just my opinion. All irrelevant, the bottom line is we concede fewer goals with Willy in nets and it isn't even because Willy is an especially good keeper IMO it's because Bravo has been wank since he joined us. I'm sure you will have some incredible stat up your sleeve or better still some tedious linguistic argument that suggests otherwise though.
Talk in riddles? Nah. I appreciate nuance, perhaps. But riddles? No. I'm not trying to prove others are wrong though. I appreciate that I can't do that. But I try to point out when I don't find their claims convincing.

As for stats, I try not to cherry pick them. Hence why I did not disagree with those who claimed Bravo should be benched. The stats supports it.

However, I found it funny that the very same group of people who for years have derided me for using stats suddenly became stats proponents the moment it supported their position.

Let it be noted, my position changed with the facts. It always does, and always has. We agree on Bravo today because of it. And as much as you seem to wanna argue with me, we really have no arguments.

However it seems you may harbor an opinion of me based on past exchanges. But unfortunately we have no arguments here. Or at least I don't think we do.

Top quality defenders don't care?!?! You clearly haven't played football at any level. Ball comes across - will the keeper come or Do I go for it myself? The keeper is coming - do I track back on the line for if he cocks up or do I get ready for his clearance to the guy on the edge of the box - I am running back with the ball in the air and can I risk a pass back at height and pace or not? It will be a One on one if I let the attacker go - do I bring him down or let him go. I could go on. Ultimately the goalkeeper is the captain of the defence and how he Martials it is crucial along with his competence level being crucial to how defenders react to all decisions throughout a game. I am not saying Willy did this and Bravo didn't - but if you think defenders don't care who is in net then I would stick to playing FIFA17
Great post.

Willy has to start again. You can see that the defenders have more trust and belief in him, confidence increases ten fold.

Willy played very well. Passed the ball around nicely, passed short and went long at the right times, came out very fast. I am much more confident when he is in goal.

Did everything right. Think there was maybe two 1 v 1 chances where Willy flew out and neutralized the threat, I'm not sure Bravo would have done the same.

Must start next game, would be criminal to drop him.

If you'd rather have bravo in goal then just say so ! I don't know why you are getting pissy at people because they feel we look more composed with willy in goal. Pep made the call and it was the right call because we were all over the place and leaking like a colander. Caballeros last 3 games are clean sheets and high scoring matches for us. I'm not saying we won't conceed with willy but I think we are looking better and I'd like to see him continue as number 1 because he's earned his shot.
I wouldn't be surprised at all to see hart back in the summer.

And yes if I had bravo in goal that I knew was going to crumble under any pressure I would get pissed off very quickly and my motivation wouldn't be at its best. Also I believe the attackers heads will drop if they constantly have to chase a game week in week out. If they trust the defence to keep us in a game then the attackers will get a boost. We're human beings after all

anyone that says a team don't care who is in goal has never played football let alone at a decent level.
lol its actually laughable.
behind you is cech or perry sucking who do you trust more . ha ha.

anyone that says a team don't care who is in goal has never played football let alone at a decent level.
lol its actually laughable.
behind you is cech or perry sucking who do you trust more . ha ha.

Neither, both wank now.
But your point is 100% valid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.