Willy Caballero - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Comments like "the defense just seem much calmer with him in" is so silly and biased that I want to puke Everytime I read that silly sentiment.

Anyway he performed well today and a place I. The Starting 11.
I would think it is plausible that a defence could feel under differing levels of stress depending on who the keeper is behind them (amongst other factors). I'm not necessarily saying it is the case and that having Bravo behind them definitely undermines the defenders to some extent or other but I certainly wouldn't dismiss it as being silly and biased. If anyone is biased it is you. You're clearly rock hard for Bravo.

As good distribution wise last night as Bravo if not better.

he is our best keeper right now and has to play imo.

If you'd rather have bravo in goal then just say so ! I don't know why you are getting pissy at people because they feel we look more composed with willy in goal. Pep made the call and it was the right call because we were all over the place and leaking like a colander. Caballeros last 3 games are clean sheets and high scoring matches for us. I'm not saying we won't conceed with willy but I think we are looking better and I'd like to see him continue as number 1 because he's earned his shot.
I wouldn't be surprised at all to see hart back in the summer.

Willy has earned his place.

As to your last line, I'd be shocked if that happened.

As good distribution wise last night as Bravo if not better.

he is our best keeper right now and has to play imo.

Agree, regards distribution though, it's easier to play the ball around at the back when the opposition's centre forward is a carthorse that is incapable of pressing high.

Rightly got a chance in the Premier League and did well with it, even if he was never going to have a busy night. Distribution was near flawless. Maybe a few games out will give Bravo the motivation to get back to his best form like it did with Hart a few years back. Whatever you think of him, I'd say he's earned cult hero status for those penalty saves at Wembley.

One of the nicest players at the club by all accounts as well.

I like Willy as a person he seems humble and appreciative to be at the club, he's actually done us proud on more than a few occasions and it looks as though he's made the effort to take on board everything Pep expects of a keeper. Having said that we haven't seen the true Bravo yet for me, he's probably not settled into the country or the league as fast as we'd have liked, as a result he looks unsure of himself and the defenders in front of him and vice versa(just think about it Barca and the Chile national team... have we seen that player at City?). Maybe the solution is rotation now that Vinny is back, when Vinny plays Bravo plays(he can be the general at the back better than anyone), when he doesn't play Willy should start because he looked to be organising them especially on set pieces last night and it made a difference.

Please fuck off with this 'defenders confidence' malarky. Top quality defenders don't give one iota who's in net when they receive the ball from either the keeper or a team-mate or defend. Do you really believe that top performing defenders abilities are relative to the goalkeeper? Have you ever played competitive football?

You're seriously suggesting Kompany and all the other top quality defenders are only good when they have a certain keeper behind them? Absolute dogshit. Stop making excuses for shit defending. Defenders played better today - not 'because' of the keeper - simply because they played better.
Top quality defenders don't care?!?! You clearly haven't played football at any level. Ball comes across - will the keeper come or Do I go for it myself? The keeper is coming - do I track back on the line for if he cocks up or do I get ready for his clearance to the guy on the edge of the box - I am running back with the ball in the air and can I risk a pass back at height and pace or not? It will be a One on one if I let the attacker go - do I bring him down or let him go. I could go on. Ultimately the goalkeeper is the captain of the defence and how he Martials it is crucial along with his competence level being crucial to how defenders react to all decisions throughout a game. I am not saying Willy did this and Bravo didn't - but if you think defenders don't care who is in net then I would stick to playing FIFA17

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.