Willy Caballero - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He looked really composed back there today. Makes me wonder if he plays again and gets another clean sheet vs Swansea.... goalkeeper controversy?

It's been a long time since i was confident whenever we had the ball at the back and it looked like the defenders had the same confidence as well.
Please fuck off with this 'defenders confidence' malarky. Top quality defenders don't give one iota who's in net when they receive the ball from either the keeper or a team-mate or defend. Do you really believe that top performing defenders abilities are relative to the goalkeeper? Have you ever played competitive football?

You're seriously suggesting Kompany and all the other top quality defenders are only good when they have a certain keeper behind them? Absolute dogshit. Stop making excuses for shit defending. Defenders played better today - not 'because' of the keeper - simply because they played better.

Last edited:
Please fuck off with this 'defenders confidence' malarky. Top quality defenders don't give one iota who's in net when they receive the ball from either the keeper or a team-mate or defend. Do you really believe that top performing defenders abilities are relative to the goalkeeper? Have you ever played competitive football?

You're seriously suggesting Kompany and all the other top quality defenders are only good when they have a certain keeper behind them? Absolute dogshit. Stop making excuses for shit defending. Defenders played better today - not 'because' of the keeper - simply because they played better.
Amen.

Interestingly no comments about him dropping the ball from a simple cross & almost costing us a silly goal, wonder if that would have been ignored if Bravo had done so?

He's no different from when he arrived, a solid keeper who got far too much hate for silly things originally (similar to someone else now?), and is now the messiah because his name isn't Bravo. I like him & think he's more than capable of doing the job being asked, but find the inconsistency & bias in peoples opinions strange.

Will say his distribution today seemed far better than at the start of the season (i.e. pre-season) where he couldn't find a player in blue to save his life - seems obvious he's worked on it, and good for him to get his chance.
Absolutely all of the above. Willy had a good game last night, but did drop a bollock also that would have had the bravo bashers foaming at the keyboard.

Willy deserve to be City number 1.
in current form, he's better than Bravo.
i'm glad Pep have made a wise decision to take Bravo out of spotlight.

name me one top european team that have a world class back 4 but dogshit keeper?
every top team have a top goal keeper in their team.
did you see many how many time Hart did make a saves and earn points for City?

"Have you ever played competitive football?" my arse.

Please fuck off with this 'defenders confidence' malarky. Top quality defenders don't give one iota who's in net when they receive the ball from either the keeper or a team-mate or defend. Do you really believe that top performing defenders abilities are relative to the goalkeeper? Have you ever played competitive football?.

I get this but must also say that Willy was good at decision making. He hoofed the ball when needed, passed it crisply and to the correct side of the player to move play on quicker and not allow us to be shut down (although West Ham hardly tried but this aspect was also evident against Palace). Willy came with a top reputation and never really lived up to it until that final. He does come out and close players down unlike Bravo. All in all encouraging signs. So it is not about confidence it is simply that defenders are being helped to play on front foot rather than back foot perhaps. Bravo is a top goalkeeper and will be good for us but currently needs the spotlight taken off him.

If you'd rather have bravo in goal then just say so ! I don't know why you are getting pissy at people because they feel we look more composed with willy in goal. Pep made the call and it was the right call because we were all over the place and leaking like a colander. Caballeros last 3 games are clean sheets and high scoring matches for us. I'm not saying we won't conceed with willy but I think we are looking better and I'd like to see him continue as number 1 because he's earned his shot.
I wouldn't be surprised at all to see hart back in the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.