Willy Caballero (signing confirmed, page 64)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Willy Caballero

Caballero would certainly push Joe for the shirt.He has been one of the top performers in La Liga for some time,subsequently,if he is available we should be all over him.

From a HG view point - McCarthy or Ruddy would make sense.

southamptonblue said:
"In fact, it's thought Messi doesn't like him and what Messi wants, Messi gets."

.......and i guess being 6 yrs younger than Messi, Messi got his mum to send a letter to the then Argie manager telling him not to pick 'Willy' whilst he was at school??
Or just maybe,as now.....he simply wasn't good enough then...as now?

The Messi/Caballero story got mileage in Spain, with reports that Messi asked Sabella not to take him to the World Cup, but feel free to dismiss it and use it to deflect from every other point made.

Have you even watched him play or are you being an arse for the sake of it? If you don't think Caballero can challenge Hart, then that's your opinion, but don't mock people who have different opinions as FIFA players or some other easy cliche. I don't play FIFA (or any football game) and I watch a lot of La Liga (more than I watch from the Premier League in fact) and based on the past two seasons Caballero is one of the top keepers in that league and has made some incredible saves. Taking the whole of the 2013/14 season into account, he was also better than Joe Hart and, something that would be crucial in a system like ours, his distribution is better and far more accurate (62% compared to Hart's 48%).

Again, I am not definitively claiming he is better than Joe Hart, but I am saying he has the capability of making the #1 spot his own. And I suspect City want a keeper capable of doing that to try and prevent Hart from having another spell like last season where he cost us points.

Kompany is King said:
Any idea on how much he would cost?

No idea, but Malaga have lost their ambition and the owner doesn't offer much financial support now. Maybe £5m to £8m. He has a release clause of about £15m, but I doubt they would ask that.

southamptonblue said:
£4.99 seems about right?
[bigimg]http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/ed/5f/33/ed5f33fce788a8d1856474841d332dc8.jpg[/bigimg]

Given City want competition in all positions I can see this happening. Caballero is one of the top keepers in Spain so I would be happy with the deal.

If we go English then the fee will be a lot higher. With Caballero he has only 2 years left on his deal, Manuel Pellegrini knows and trusts the player and apart from Carson and Foster non on the list has a bit of Champions League experience.

Daz_Blue said:
City Watch ‏@City_Watch 19s
Marca: City officials will meet with Málaga next week to negotiate the possible transfer of Argentine goalkeeper Willy Caballero (32).

Hopefully not too expensive...but he is very good keeper and would give Hart run for his money and occasionally even steal the #1 spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.