Willy Caballero (signing confirmed, page 64)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Willy Caballero

If something does happen to Hart (heaven forbid) we will deal with it, our number two say Westwood on a free will be capable of covering afew games till the window opens again and then we can recruit a better keeper then if Westwood isn't performing to our high standard, but I believe he could step up a lot of keepers tend to take their chance. Or im sure Wright could be "injured" in training the day after Hart got injured and we could bring a good keeper on emergency loan maybe Casillas!lol

Klaude said:
I'm no cynic said:
Rammyblues said:
Johansen was our third keeper last year.
But would you call him "Up-and-coming"?

Right now we do not have the power to buy who we want, we have to think smart with money we can use. Caba is around 5m and that's amazing. If not bring up a youngster, sure.
But as I said earlier, getting him into our CL squad is a problem. If we sign Caballero, he will be included, but that leaves us with room for 15 outfield foreigners. Assuming we are also to sign Fernando and a new CB, we will have 18 foreign signings, two of whom will have to be excluded from our CL squad. Garcia will be an obvious exclusion, but who will be the other?

I'm no cynic said:
Klaude said:
I'm no cynic said:
But would you call him "Up-and-coming"?

Right now we do not have the power to buy who we want, we have to think smart with money we can use. Caba is around 5m and that's amazing. If not bring up a youngster, sure.
But as I said earlier, getting him into our CL squad is a problem. If we sign Caballero, he will be included, but that leaves us with room for 15 outfield foreigners. Assuming we are also to sign Fernando and a new CB, we will have 18 foreign signings, two of whom will have to be excluded from our CL squad. Garcia will be an obvious exclusion, but who will be the other?

We can't have 18 foreign signings at all in either the EPL or the CL

bluechampion7891 said:
I'm no cynic said:
Klaude said:

And that's the problem we face. Signing Caballero is fine in principle, but we can't sign everyone and we have squad restrictions to face in either competition. We will just stick with Wright and hope for the best, unless we can find someone out there with talent but is still young enough to qualify for the under-21 rules. I can't see any other way of coping with this.

I'm no cynic said:
bluechampion7891 said:
I'm no cynic said:

And that's the problem we face. Signing Caballero is fine in principle, but we can't sign everyone and we have squad restrictions to face in either competition. We will just stick with Wright and hope for the best, unless we can find someone out there with talent but is still young enough to qualify for the under-21 rules. I can't see any other way of coping with this.

If we "stick" with Wright, Westwood will join on free. Wright is not a good 2nd

Cabellero back up keeper to Joe in Prem Johannsen in CL. Garcia sold. Problem solved. 17 foreigners prem, 16 CL.

Klaude said:
I'm no cynic said:
bluechampion7891 said:

Haven't they already dismissed the Westwood rumours?

I'm no cynic said:
Klaude said:
I'm no cynic said:

Just saying that Westwood is a better 2onde gk than wright, all respect though he is an amazing role model to Hart and Pant.

Klaude said:
I'm no cynic said:
Klaude said:

Just saying that Westwood is a better 2onde gk than wright, all respect though he is an amazing role model to Hart and Pant.
To be honest, I can't see any benefit in having either Wright or having a Sunderland reserve who is being cast off in favour of Pants. Which takes me back to my earlier statement that if Caballero was to sign (which I'd be happy about), we would still have a problem with the CL squad as he won't be coming with the likelihood of no CL football, meaning two outfield players would have to be discarded to accommodate him.

looks like we might miss out on Caballero....

Willy Caballero set for Monaco move, while Victor Valdes could join Liverpool
by Tom Conn | Posted on Saturday, June 21st, 2014

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.insidespanishfootball.com/113167/willy-caballero-set-for-monaco-move-while-victor-valdes-could-join-liverpool/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.insidespanishfootball.com/11 ... liverpool/</a>

Malaga goalkeeper, Willy Caballero is reportedly set for a ¢12 million move to French Ligue 1 side, Monaco, which would ultimately close the doors on any chance Victor Valdes has of joining the Champions League bound side, but the Catalan keeper may have found a home in northern England, where he been linked with the task of replacing Spanish international teammate, Pepe Reina.

According to Spanish sports daily, Mundo Deportivo, Malaga and Monaco are set to begin serious negotiations in Monaco on Monday to iron out the transfer fee, which is expected to upwards of ¢12 million, €8 million less than his original release clause of €20 million.

Meanwhile, the signing of Willy means that Monaco will no longer be needing the services of former Barcelona star Victor Valdes and according to English newspaper, Metro, Monaco will break their pre-agreement and the Spanish international will make a move to Liverpool, despite being out of action until October as the 32-year-old continues to recover from knee surgery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.